• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tomb Raider 1996-2003

(Yes, yes, I know. It's not technically dead. But honestly, it may as well be.)

EDIT: It's just so sad to see Prince of Persia on that list. I mean, Forgotten Sands wasn't great but still, the franchise has so much potential. (Then again, if Ubisoft made a new entry now, it'd probably just be another open-world Assassin's Creed rip-off.)

OP
OP

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why doesn't the Castlevania for 3DS count?
I'm considering Lords of Shadow as a series
Lunar: 94/95 if not including remakes/handhelds, 98 if you include remakes and not handhelds, and 2012 if you include mobile/handheld. Obviously, for me personally, it's been dead since Lunar 2 on Sega CD in the mid 90s. So that sucks, lol.

Dragon Force: Dead since the Japan only sequel released in 1998. Bummer, because I really loved the first one and we never even got the second one and then the series was dead.

Tactics Ogre/Ogre Battle: Dead since June of 2001. Unfortunate. Wish we got more quality strategy RPGs. FF Tactics has already been mentioned and it still boggles my mind that the original never received a true sequel. Unbelievable.

Vandal Hearts: Officially dead since the smaller title, Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgement in January of 2010.

Jedi Knight: Dead since Jedi Academy in September of 2003.

If you wish to add these to the OP, I will try to list the actual dates:

Lunar - 22/12/1994 (no remakes/handhelds), 23/07/1998 (remakes, no handhelds), 19/09/2012 (mobile)
Dragon Force - 02/04/1998
Tactics Ogre/Ogre Battle - 21/06/2001
Vandal Hearts - 20/01/2010
Jedi Knight - 16/09/2003

Done, the only one i Changed is lunar It seems that the last remake is the PSP version, and the mobile is a Port

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Sega is still sitting on a goldmine of first Party franchise potentials...games like physco fox...eswat...if I were looking for some games to bring into this day and age those 2 I think could work really well

Imagine a rainbow six siege type game with cyborg cops...

Physco fox could be remade into a jumping flash/bionic commando type game

Oh...and where is my motherfucking road rash

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
Fear Effect is dead, I'm pretty sure.

15-19 years
Fear Effect - Fear Effect 2 Retro Helix - 21/02/2001

Pretty sure you can add Myst to your list.

Not a great franchise, but State of Emergency fits the bill.

Might as well get Fusion Frenzy on there too.

10-14 years
Myst - End of Ages - 2005
State of Emergency - State of Emegency 2 - 14/02/2006
Fuzion Frenzy - Fuzion Frenzy 2 - 30/01/2007

Warhawk looks dead.

5-9 years
Warhawk - Starhawk - 08/05/2012

Makaveli

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

Right before the playoff format too started right? It's ashame, I'll still go back and play the last one every now and then. The running controls always felt so much better than Madden.

As for shitty last games, gotta put Dead Rising 4 in there. They changed Franks voice actor and didn't put campaign coop in. Also left out a ton of zany funny pickups in favor of the combo weapon stuff. Dead Rising 1 and Dead Rising 2 are some of my favorite games, but the Dead Rising series is dead to me.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Looking for RIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!

Damn, I miss that series ;(

reirom

Nov 3, 2017
Garou mark of the wolves one of best 2d fighter ninja gaiden am dead right ? Ninja gaiden black best hack and slash of all time papangus

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Fear Effect is dead, I'm pretty sure.

15-19 years
Fear Effect - Fear Effect 2 Retro Helix - 21/02/2001

Pretty sure you can add Myst to your list.

Not a great franchise, but State of Emergency fits the bill.

Might as well get Fusion Frenzy on there too.

10-14 years
Myst - End of Ages - 2005
State of Emergency - State of Emegency 2 - 14/02/2006
Fuzion Frenzy - Fuzion Frenzy 2 - 30/01/2007

Warhawk looks dead.

5-9 years
Warhawk - Starhawk - 08/05/2012

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sushee/fear-effect-sedna?lang=fr

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Wario Land is missing since 24/07/2008 (Wario Land Shake It!). WarioWare is close too. Last game was in early 2013.

Perfect Dark stopped at Zero (22/11/2005).

Last edited:

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Though not many people care about it, BloodRayne could be added, the final game was BloodRayne Betrayal in 2011. So that's 6 years of being dead and a terrible third movie in 2014.

Brothers in Arms is coming back next year you guys, I feel it in my bones. Same with Dino Crisis, gotta keep the faith alive for Jawmuncher.

Lokoline

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Did you like the PSP one? It didn't get great reviews but for a launch title i thought it was pretty good, hoped they'd make another

Yeah, I really liked MediEvil: Resurrection, not as good as the original, but still much better than MediEvil 2 imo. I hope they'll give the franchise another try with a reboot/remake. Seeing Sir Daniel in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale made me hopeful.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm saddened we'll never see another Ultima. Even Richard Garriot doesn't seem to want to make one, seeing as he keeps kickstarting and making MMOs. With D:OS, Wasteland, PoE, Torment, Shadowrun all doing well, an Ultima-inspired single-player game by Richard Garriot. kickstarter would easily, easily clear 2 million at a minimum with its fanbase. It'd probably get 3-5 going on what those other kickstarters got.

Also I can't believe that Alex Kidd hasn't seen a game since the 8-bit era. Alex Kidd on the Master System was huuuuuge.

Quan

Oct 28, 2017
Done, the only one i Changed is lunar It seems that the last remake is the PSP version, and the mobile is a Port

Ok, thanks. Got another, if you want to add it. The Eternal Champions series only lasted until the Sega CD sequel, Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side. Always liked the in-depth character bios that game had. Some good stuff for a fighting game.

Eternal Champions - Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side - 12/09/1994

Last edited:

Hekku Takku

Oct 31, 2017
New York
Zoe 2 remake with VR support was announced

I'm pretty sure they're calling it a 2nd remaster with HDR and 4K. I remember them saying on their site, and I'm paraphrasing, "the remastered visuals bring it close to remake graphic levels". But it's still the same game I know and love from 2004.

The VR support added on is cool though. It'll give the game a different perspective.

OP
OP

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure they're calling it a 2nd remaster with HDR and 4K. I remember them saying on their site, and I'm paraphrasing, "the remastered visuals bring it close to remake graphic levels". But it's still the same game I know and love from 2004.

The VR support added on is cool though. It'll give the game a different perspective.
Hm I haven't thought about remasters, i really dont know If remaster should be considered as a New game, remake its easier to accept since the game is remade. But remaster is in the Middleground of Port and remake.