• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
A lot of people look forward to the anniversary cakes so don't be surprised at the outrage if this happens.
Oh, I know. But I do think if said outrage occurs they'll probably back down and give the cakes. Or do something else. Every time the fanbase REALLY freaks out they end up doing something.

This is why I like watching Otzdarva, he is usually extremely informative and doesn't act "entitled" or whiny about things that are likely to be fixed in time as well. I stopped watching pretty much anyone else that plays DbD, except for Spookyloopz, and honestly it was for the best. I took a large break as well and coming back with a fresher perspective has made me enjoy my time a bit more. It also helps that I went from a full time killer main to splitting my time between survivor and killer.
Yeah, I like Otzdarva's streams and do tune in myself sometimes. Though he also does have a problem of like... he gives himself insane challenges like "no add-ons, bad perks" and then complains when he loses and feels like there's nothing he can do. Like he's decided for himself that all killers should be able to consistently win with their base power alone but that would be so unbalanced.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
giphy.webp

I didn't play DbD for like 5 months and I reinstalled it and all my skins/perks setups reset.

Last edited:

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
I've never wanted a new killer faster. Cannot wait. These next two weeks are going to be so slow.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I'm looking forward to the new killer but honestly I really hope the mid-chapter update after it brings some major buffs to Sadako. It's such a shame that she released so undertuned only to immediately be shown up by a much better teleport killer releasing right after her. They need to ease up on some of the limitations of her teleport and make Condemned at least somewhat more of a presence. She does have some stealth on her side so I know they can't make her teleport AS good as Dredge but there still needs to be... something.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
For all the talk about how broken tombstone piece Myers is, I actually rarely ever see it. I've seen way more scratched mirror Myers in comparison.

Then again I rarely ever see pinky finger Clown either.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I've turned back into a killer main. Game is super survivor sided but game on that side feels way more stale. Currently iridescent 3 killer and ash 3 survivor. Normally that's reversed.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I've been playing more killer recently too. Sadako is still super fun to me even though she's underpowered. I love teleporting everywhere and spreading the condemned to the survivors. I've gotten a few of those special moris too although survivors tend to rage quit for whatever reason when they're fully condemned and I'm going for the kill.

Aia

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Killer is way more fun but it's annoying when you get a swf or when gens pop one after the other, I will also say that it's boring when going against players that don't know how to loop and die right away.

Tried clown for the first time today and he is actually pretty decent; though kind of boring to play as.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
My friend that I usually do Survivor with is taking an extended break from DBD so I'm also back to mostly playing killer.
I think I actually prefer Survivor but I'm equally bad at both so it's fine lol

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
Last time I played I played almost exclusively killer, only playing survivor during the anniversary event to get crowns/cakes. This time around I am far less interested in getting rolled as a killer and just been having fun playing a super altruistic survivor. Don't even mind when I die so long as I saved someone else.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
I've come to the conclusion that the only killer I am any good with is Nemesis for some reason. I always struggle whenever playing literally any other killer but I feel right at home with my boy Nemmy. Like, I'm not very good at this game but with Nemesis I can reliably get 3k/4k almost every match (without tunneling or camping). Is he just really strong? Every time I hear someone talk about his strength is that he is a mid tier killer. Did he receive any buffs in the last like 8 months?

In fact Nemmy is who carried me to rank 3 the last time I played pre-MMR patch.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I've come to the conclusion that the only killer I am any good with is Nemesis for some reason. I always struggle whenever playing literally any other killer but I feel right at home with my boy Nemmy. Like, I'm not very good at this game but with Nemesis I can reliably get 3k/4k almost every match (without tunneling or camping). Is he just really strong? Every time I hear someone talk about his strength is that he is a mid tier killer. Did he receive any buffs in the last like 8 months?

In fact Nemmy is who carried me to rank 3 the last time I played pre-MMR patch.
His anti-loop abilities are what make him so strong. Places like shack and TL walls aren't as hard for him to play as other killers.

Most people who put him in mid-tier are content creators who play at high MMR where survivors do gens really efficiently. That hurts a killer like Nemy who has to infect people to get going, especially if they keep cleansing.

Not every person puts him in mid-tier. Ohtofu puts him in A-tier.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Tier Lists will only ever tell half the story. The other half of the story is how much the killer clicks with YOU. Like, I know that ranged killers tend to be the strongest alongside ones like Nurse and Blight. But I'm bad at aiming their stuff so I'm always going to be worse with them than with technically "lower tier" killers.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Love to see it.

Only one better is when they spend so much time teabagging at the exit gate that they end up dying because of the timer.

pete_clarf

Oct 25, 2017
Just had a survivor so busy t-bagging and clicking their flashlight at the hatch that I was able to close it right in their face lmao

Love to see it.

Only one better is when they spend so much time teabagging at the exit gate that they end up dying because of the timer.

I died early during a match the other night and was watching the rest of it. The last survivor found a key in a chest (which is super lucky... that shit never happens to me) after the killer had slammed the hatch shut. The survivor waited for the killer to leave and just stood on the hatch waiting for teabag time. It was funny to see them realize that the key no longer immediately opens the hatch and they were downed as the progress bar got maybe halfway done.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I died early during a match the other night and was watching the rest of it. The last survivor found a key in a chest (which is super lucky... that shit never happens to me) after the killer had slammed the hatch shut. The survivor waited for the killer to leave and just stood on the hatch waiting for teabag time. It was funny to see them realize that the key no longer immediately opens the hatch and they were downed as the progress bar got maybe halfway done.

That's just incredible. Would have loved to see that haha

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Alright I took a 3 month break from DBD. Only jumping in to try out the new killers (and playing some warm ups, I suck at survivor.)

Time to return!

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've been playing again recently quite casually, sometimes playing as Killer the Survivors just run circles around me and tea bag everywhere and I feel so stupid lol. They got rid of seeing everyone's ranks, what's up with that? Is it because people like me who aren't very good used to get annoyed that I always got paired with 4 rank 1's lol.

I had a lot of fun Survivor games yesterday too, I forgot how much more fun it is with friends than solo queuing.

When's the Prestige change coming out? 👀 My Heather is level 50 and I don't wanna lose my things.

Why isn't he in Dead by Daylight?

/jk

Ask this question again in a year... lol.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
They got rid of seeing everyone's ranks, what's up with that? Is it because people like me who aren't very good used to get annoyed that I always got paired with 4 rank 1's lol.

mostly to curb a lot of the accusations of unfairness :D and it doesn´t really do anything, as ranks get reset every month anyways now and are not a skill bracket.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Ranks no longer impacted matchmaking after the big MMR change (they're just a personal reward system now based on how much you play basically) but people couldn't unlearn seeing them as such and kept complaining about them. A little while ago Behavior did a week where every day they changed something about how their MMR system worked and then read feedback. The reactions to them removing ranks from the end-game screen were very positive, people felt like they were getting more fair matches even though they were mostly the same kind of matches. So this change was made permanent.

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
mostly to curb a lot of the accusations of unfairness :D and it doesn´t really do anything, as ranks get reset every month anyways now and are not a skill bracket.
Ranks no longer impacted matchmaking after the big MMR change (they're just a personal reward system now based on how much you play basically)

Alrighty, thank you both for the explanation. I didn't realise they cut the skill based matchmaking away from the ranking.

pete_clarf

Oct 25, 2017
I think we should be able to put a charm in the spot where the ranks used to show after matches. Survivor charms are useless and it would be a fun way to make them somewhat relevant.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I literally only ever see them post speculation with THIS COULD BE HAPPENING!!!! and it NEVER does.
Yeah they're just clickbait. I used to follow their subreddit until I realized they were deleting comments that provide proof their "leaks" weren't real. Over time they just became more blatant about posting random fandom speculation as "leaks". The only reason they have any attention on them at all is there USED to be real leakers there, but they all got out and started up the much better DBDLeaks.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
Anybody planning in participating in the Stranger Things community event that was planned over on the subreddit? Tomorrow a bunch of people are going to play as Demogorgon with only the perk Remember Me equipped. It is also encouraged to play Steve and Nancy if playing Demogorgon isn't your bag.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Anybody planning in participating in the Stranger Things community event that was planned over on the subreddit? Tomorrow a bunch of people are going to play as Demogorgon with only the perk Remember Me equipped. It is also encouraged to play Steve and Nancy if playing Demogorgon isn't your bag.
I hadn't heard about that lol
Don't think I have Remember Me on him but hey double dp is up so it shouldn't be too hard.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Oh I'm totally going to do this.

I very rarely play Demo, so I'll probably suck at it. But I'm all for Meme Builds for fun.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Is it obvious? I don't think so.

Nemesis already infects the survivors and you have to cleanse yourself of it. I think it would be a bit ridiculous for the second Resident Evil killer to have the same mechanic.

I'm going to say that this will be an item that is used *against* Wesker to de-power him from a powered up state.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
They've been really into Killer powers that require the Survivors to do something during the match to hinder the killer lately. Nemesis vaccine, Pinhead's box, Sadako's tapes, to a lesser extent the locks on lockers for Dredge. I do hope it's more than just a repeat of Nemesis of course, maybe Wesker can infect objects ala Plague and you need to use an item to disinfect them.

Aia

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
^
Honestly, I can say the same thing about survivors.. they wont let you farm or too dumb to realize I brought cakes or bloodystreamers.