• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aia

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there a big sale on killers and survivors around the anniversary event usually?

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
New killer honestly seems super cool. Been playing it on the PTB and it has a lot of potential. The TP to the remnant you put down really changes how I view it's power. It's not just lockers, that's more for global movement with some use in certain loops. With that it seems like the strongest map wide teleport in the game, as it works throughout the entire game.

Is there a big sale on killers and survivors around the anniversary event usually?

Yes

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
This is going to sound like an insult but I mean it as a compliment.

I'm legitimately impressed they've been able to make so many different killers out of a handful of killer concepts. Like you've got "killer throws thing", "killer goes fast", "killer is stealthy", "killer has traps", and "killer teleports". Find some new way to interpret it just enough that it feels different, then mix and match.

I do think maybe another teleport killer upstaging Sadako so quickly is a bit of a shame but it's still cool how Freddy, Sadako, and Dredge feel as different from each other as like... Huntress, Trickster, and Deathslinger do.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I agree. I thought the killers might start to feel redundant a few years ago, but they all still feel very unique and stand out from each other.

No matter how much I've complained about the design issues with this game, can't knock them for their original concepts and ideas. Seems like they're finally going back and cleaning up the problem things now as well, so overall very happy with the overall game health in terms of design right now.

And of course the BHVR art and sound team is some of the best out there imo.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to sound like an insult but I mean it as a compliment.

I'm legitimately impressed they've been able to make so many different killers out of a handful of killer concepts. Like you've got "killer throws thing", "killer goes fast", "killer is stealthy", "killer has traps", and "killer teleports". Find some new way to interpret it just enough that it feels different, then mix and match.

I do think maybe another teleport killer upstaging Sadako so quickly is a bit of a shame but it's still cool how Freddy, Sadako, and Dredge feel as different from each other as like... Huntress, Trickster, and Deathslinger do.
It kinda feels like they're doing a theme with Killers each year. This year seems to be teleports/map control. Last year was mostly anti-loop/range.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
There's some inside the house, but because of the awful lighting they are literally invisible.

How could I have missed this?

20220517225008_1.jpg

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
The Dredge's visual and sound design are on point as per usual, and I find it funny that his teleportation ability has not only powercrept Sadako already, but it even provides the anti-loop she's sorely lacking!

I'm super disappointed in his Nightfall though, which was the thing I was most excited for after reading the leaks. I initially expected it to make the maps as dark as this for survivors, but it barely even makes a difference in the lighting imo. Even worse, the killer is lit up like a god damn lighthouse during Nightfall for some reason, which completely undermines his stealth capabilities? I guess it could get some use in indoor maps, but Nightfall pretty much makes it easier to spot him in open maps, which is dumb.

If they vastly improve Nightfall, then he could be one of my new favorite killers ever.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
New killer honestly seems super cool. Been playing it on the PTB and it has a lot of potential. The TP to the remnant you put down really changes how I view it's power. It's not just lockers, that's more for global movement with some use in certain loops. With that it seems like the strongest map wide teleport in the game, as it works throughout the entire game.

Sadako crying next to her silly televisions :D

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I wouldn't want it as dark as that glitch. It's a delicate balance you need to do where it's noteworthy but doesn't become so dark that people with visual issues can't play anymore. But I do think it could be a little bit darker than it is now. I also don't think the killer should be highlighted in white when it happens either. As it stands there really isn't anything noteworthy for the survivor. You can still see to loop and now you can see the killer BETTER.

But the main benefit of Nightfall seems to be for the faster teleports and what the add-ons do to it so ehh it's fine I guess.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
DBD doesn't seem to do limited availability but it'll be so strange to see the AOT stuff just indefinitely available in the store.

Stranger Things characters are already removed and Freddy expired once too. All licences have an expiration date unfortunately, but of course it's usually just about money when they renegotiate the deal.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Now that we have Attack on Titan X DBD for just a skin crossover, it's time we get Metal Gear Solid X DBD since we already have Konami doing stuff. I want to play as Solid Snake.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
So how difficult is this game to get into? Realized I've had this game on Epic for god knows how long, but never really tried it. Played 2 or 3 matches last week but had absolutely no idea what I was doing :')

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Overall, I'd say everything announced on yesterday's stream sounds pretty good. New Killer definitely seems pretty wild mechanically, new map is visually cool, and I wont say no to more RE content. Interested to see what kind of changes they make for the perk rebalance.

How could I have missed this?

20220517225008_1.jpg

Yeah, something feels a bit off with the lighting here and in some of the buildings on new Haddonfield. Wonder if they'll change anything about them.

So how difficult is this game to get into? Realized I've had this game on Epic for god knows how long, but never really tried it. Played 2 or 3 matches last week but had absolutely no idea what I was doing :')

Game's been out for quite a while so playing catchup can seem rough, but there's a lot of good resources out there on YouTube that can teach you a lot of things to help you get started.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
It was amusing watching multiple streamers read Dredge's perk descriptions where they plainly say that all of his perks require the survivors to be inside his terror radius and then act totally confused as to why the pallet break perk didn't activate during nightfall where the killer is made Undetectable.

I just kept thinking "Play this game for a living do you?"

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
It was amusing watching multiple streamers read Dredge's perk descriptions where they plainly say that all of his perks require the survivors to be inside his terror radius and then act totally confused as to why the pallet break perk didn't activate during nightfall where the killer is made Undetectable.

I just kept thinking "Play this game for a living do you?"

Common streamer/youtuber problem, they read chat too much and try to make jokes and not actually reading the descriptions :P

Even otzdarva made a "first look" video and didn't understand how the teleport works at all and was just confused. Wish they would actually take a minute before making a tutorial of sorts and calling the killer weak :D

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Honestly this feels like a much bigger nerf to Pig than they likely intended it to be though. Am I alone in feeling this? If you have five boxes but it's guaranteed to be removed by the fourth box, it's now going to be inherently faster/easier to get those boxes off of you because you have more options and there will likely be one closer to you. You can always just ignore the box furthest away from you, whereas before you'd potentially have to go to all of them.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Definitely is a pig nerf, though I understand why they did it, it just sucks. Better for game health. I've done AFK pig myself so I have nobody to blame but me!

This is a good showcase of how I was saying the Dredge has anti-loop. Very excited to try and master them a lil bit.

Papatulus

Sep 27, 2021
Tried playing the new killer on PTB:
First game, 15 minute queue, someone DCs at the start, someone else DCs after I get my first down, the remaining two survivors whinge at me for 'tryharding' after I plop them both on hook so I can get back into queue.
Second game, 20 minute queue, game never starts because someone DCd in the loading screen.
It's basically a farce at this point.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Tried playing the new killer on PTB:
First game, 15 minute queue, someone DCs at the start, someone else DCs after I get my first down, the remaining two survivors whinge at me for 'tryharding' after I plop them both on hook so I can get back into queue.
Second game, 20 minute queue, game never starts because someone DCd in the loading screen.
It's basically a farce at this point.

PTB as killer is rough for the first couple of days. Come back in like a week once the youtubers and others have dipped out and the queues are nice and the ppl are friendly. Until then I'm back on main server.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this feels like a much bigger nerf to Pig than they likely intended it to be though. Am I alone in feeling this? If you have five boxes but it's guaranteed to be removed by the fourth box, it's now going to be inherently faster/easier to get those boxes off of you because you have more options and there will likely be one closer to you. You can always just ignore the box furthest away from you, whereas before you'd potentially have to go to all of them.
Nah. Adding an extra box was literally how headpop pig worked.

Yes you can now remove it in 4 boxes but it still means lower chance of removing it on the first box, which has always been a complaint from pig mains. The traps are meant to be time wasters at the end of the day.

Papatulus

Sep 27, 2021
PTB as killer is rough for the first couple of days. Come back in like a week once the youtubers and others have dipped out and the queues are nice and the ppl are friendly. Until then I'm back on main server.
Maybe I just have rotten luck but I don't remember the last two PTBs I tried being this severe, I was able to get a ton of sadako games in the first couple days. Could be because she was not that powerful so all the bullies were on there for easy prey - Dredge isn't much better but at least has some recourse vs that stuff.

Yes you can now remove it in 4 boxes but it still means lower chance of removing it on the first box. The traps were always meant to be time wasters anyway.
That build worked with the extra box partly because sometimes survivors key would be in the 5th box, so only ever needing to search 4 boxes negates that bit.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020

Yes you can now remove it in 4 boxes but it still means lower chance of removing it on the first box. The traps were always meant to be time wasters anyway.
I don't think it's the same thing though. When you used an add-on to make an extra box, it just added an extra box that could unlock your trap, meaning you still theoretically would have to check all of them as you went from 4 to 5 boxes. That did lower your odds of removing it on the first box. That doesn't seem to be what this is doing though, since your box will NEVER be the fifth one, it's not impacting the odds at all.

Has anyone done any break downs of this in the PTB? Because all I see are different assumptions from various people about how it might work tbf

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I just have rotten luck but I don't remember the last two PTBs I tried being this severe, I was able to get a ton of sadako games in the first couple days. Could be because she was not that powerful so all the bullies were on there for easy prey - Dredge isn't much better but at least has some recourse vs that stuff.

That build worked with the extra box partly because sometimes survivors key would be in the 5th box, so only ever needing to search 4 boxes negates that bit.
I don't think it's the same thing though. When you used an add-on to make an extra box, it just added an extra box that could unlock your trap, meaning you still theoretically would have to check all of them as you went from 4 to 5 boxes. That did lower your odds of removing it on the first box. That doesn't seem to be what this is doing though, since your box will NEVER be the fifth one, it's not impacting the odds at all.

Has anyone done any break downs of this in the PTB? Because all I see are different assumptions from various people about how it might work tbf
You both danced around the fact this lowers the chances of finding the key right away, which is why this is a buff.

"But they're guaranteed to find it after 4 boxes"

Any Pig main would tell you having to search 4 boxes for a key would be a benefit cause of the time wasted.

That doesn't seem to be what this is doing though, since your box will NEVER be the fifth one, it's not impacting the odds at all.
It absolutely does impact the odds. Again, searching 4 boxes would be great for any Pig player.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
You both danced around the fact this lowers the chances of finding the key right away, which is why this is a buff.

Any Pig main would tell you having to search 4 boxes for a key would be a benefit cause of the time wasted.

It absolutely does impact the odds. Again, searching 4 boxes would be great for any Pig player.
I'm not dancing around that fact, I'm directly asking if that's actually the case. If the key is guaranteed to spawn within the first four, does it actually lower the odds for the first three? I think it's something that would need to be tested. If it's still putting the key in a random box and then just moving it to your fourth one if you pick the wrong four the first time, then yeah I can see it being a buff. Not as much as one as the original add-on but still one.

If it's programmed to just give you the same original odds for your first four though, then it's a nerf.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

Against a tampered timer pig and for getting a head pop it's definitely a nerf. For potential slowdown it's on average a buff. It lowers the chances of survivor finding key on the first box but also reduces the distance to find the first and 2nd box as well. Overall it's pretty neutral but there are definite downsides to certain add-ons with the new change.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I also just realized that the culture around giving the last survivor hatch is going to have to be adjusted with the new mori stuff. Will have to let them run to hatch themselves.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Against a tampered timer pig and for getting a head pop it's definitely a nerf. For potential slowdown it's on average a buff. It lowers the chances of survivor finding key on the first box but also reduces the distance to find the first and 2nd box as well. Overall it's pretty neutral but there are definite downsides to certain add-ons with the new change.
I'll agree with you on that.

I have seen some pig players suggest this change should just be tied to Video Tape, which I'd be fine with. Would still kill AFK without becoming a divisive change.

Also Shrine rework coming!

282013653_5689696204393860_6750652813220887702_n.jpg

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
So if they're gonna be nerfing all the gen regression perks like pop, corrupt, and ruin, what are they going to buff to compensate? Like do they expect killers to just not worry about gen speeds anymore?

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Honestly a bit of Pop, Ruin, and Overcharge should just be how Generators function.

When a killer kicks a Generator, a portion of the progress should be instantly lost.
When a survivor wants to stop a Generator from regressing, they should have to succeed at an Overcharge style skill check, this will stop "tapping".
If a non-regressing Generator is left alone for a extended amount of time, it should start to regress.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
It was weird that they didn't mention cakes in the livestream but this was a drama last year too and we still got the cakes. If they try to not give them to us I suspect there WILL be a riot and then they'll give them.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't heard official word but they have used cakes every anniversary so far and there would be some major upset if they suddenly decided to not have them for this year.
Just weird since DBDLeaks leaked the anniversary details back in April with the cakes nowhere to be found. And then the stream itself mentioned all the event details except the cakes.

It was weird that they didn't mention cakes in the livestream but this was a drama last year too and we still got the cakes. If they try to not give them to us I suspect there WILL be a riot and then they'll give them.
That was about the cakes not stacking, not the cakes not appearing

Last edited:

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
That was about the cakes not stacking, not the cakes not appearing
Ahh, that's right. Still, cake drama for two years in a row, right? At the very least it's a sign that just because something is in the leaks doesn't mean it'll turn out just like that. But I also think it might be possible they want to move away from the cakes.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I've still got so many anniversary cakes for Dwight who is the one I dump all my BP into in any DbD event. I've got around 65 year 3, over 100 for both year 4 and 5 cakes.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I hope one of the ways that the devs rework corruption is by making some effect similar base kit for all killers. Make the BBQ bonus BP base kit as well.

On survivors I still think that Kindred should be base kit with a small range for killer, with the perk increasing the range beyond the base especially for the killer tracking. I'm still hoping they also make borrowed time base kit for all survivors. That one they teased already.

These could come with the reworks to really encourage people to actually try out different playstyles all together instead of just replacing the perks they did before with ones that did something similar.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It's going to be really interesting to see how they re work 40+ perks.

I hope the fan base will be reasonable and understand there will be growing pains that happen during that.

Who am I kidding this is the dead by daylight community, if a Behavior employee sneezes they think it's a grand conspiracy to not "fix the game"

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
It's going to be really interesting to see how they re work 40+ perks.

I hope the fan base will be reasonable and understand there will be growing pains that happen during that.

Who am I kidding this is the dead by daylight community, if a Behavior employee sneezes they think it's a grand conspiracy to not "fix the game"
Nah nah, the DbD community is notorious for how well behaved and reasonable they are!

Haha, but yeah I do wonder how the perk reworks are gonna look. Hopefully we hear about it some more before they just drop it in our face. There is a ton of perks that need some love and I would love nothing more than allowing more perk/build variety.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Killers complain about the usual meta, but when I try whacky builds or use no mither, I get tunneled out of the game immediately lol.
Same happens to Killers who try wacky meta stuff. Truth is that both sides are very complicit on making the game toxic. And they should really stop.

I can no longer do my meta fun Pig build and that makes me sad.

Nah nah, the DbD community is notorious for how well behaved and reasonable they are!

Haha, but yeah I do wonder how the perk reworks are gonna look. Hopefully we hear about it some more before they just drop it in our face. There is a ton of perks that need some love and I would love nothing more than allowing more perk/build variety.
It always makes me kind of laugh, maybe because I am a late adopter of this game but this game is really tight and really strong. Yeah there are certain perks you need but that is the truth in any game that's been going for over 6 years.

Behavior legit cares about this game and it's hilarious to me that some suggest otherwise.

Having said that I do still expect that they will just release all the perk modifications on the same day in the play test server. Everyone will complain. They will fix most of it. And everyone will complain.

This the way.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Yeah I've been playing it for the past two years and in that time I've seen them address just about every major issue the community has. The way both mori and keys used to work, that one Huntress add-on, making that Trapper add-on basekit for him, spirit has no counter-play, old DS being op, old BT being useless against stealth killers, etc. etc.

But then a killer will launch a little undertuned or the players will fall back on the same meta perks or god forbid there's a BUG and it's three months of popular youtubers making videos about how lazy devs fucked up yet another thing and never listen to the fanbase and so on.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
But I also think it might be possible they want to move away from the cakes.
A lot of people look forward to the anniversary cakes so don't be surprised at the outrage if this happens.

To the topic at hand, like I said it's gonna be tricky to balance 40+ perks in a way that helps the game. They said they're nerfing all the popular gen regression perks, which makes me wonder how they expect Killers to react.

What they really need to do is make some of these perks basekit. Call of Brine's regression should be basekit for example. So should BBQ.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
But then a killer will launch a little undertuned or the players will fall back on the same meta perks or god forbid there's a BUG and it's three months of popular youtubers making videos about how lazy devs fucked up yet another thing and never listen to the fanbase and so on.
This is why I like watching Otzdarva, he is usually extremely informative and doesn't act "entitled" or whiny about things that are likely to be fixed in time as well. I stopped watching pretty much anyone else that plays DbD, except for Spookyloopz, and honestly it was for the best. I took a large break as well and coming back with a fresher perspective has made me enjoy my time a bit more. It also helps that I went from a full time killer main to splitting my time between survivor and killer.