• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
It's gonna be kinda hard for me to not wonder about the potential of a RE Chapter 2 through this entire original chapter anniversary but I will do my best.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Excited for tomorrow. Not for the new chapter but the possible game updates. Basekit BT, solo survivor buff, BP grind reduction, etc.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I know it won't happen but my dream is still playstation to pc cross progression. I wanna move to pc but I bought all the DLC on console.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
Hey friends, I haven't played since the MMR system was changed and was wondering how things were shaping up? Is the system still a busted mess or has it finally stabilized. Playing the new Evil Dead has kind of lit a little flame in me that beckons me to return. Especially after hearing the news that Ghostface and Legion got some love finally.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
I don't have a problem with it. Most of my games are fine. Occasionally I get some potatoes or a sweat squad but it just depends on time of day and weekday vs weekend.

They don't show ranks post game anymore so I believe most of the whining is from people who played a bad game and are just making excuses.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
It feels a bit closer to how it used to be, ranges seem wider. I mostly get people around my skill level but occasionally get people way above or below it. Only downside I see so far is that Killer Queue times are instant while Survivor Queue times are longer than they've ever been. Waiting full 5-10 minutes for a Survivor match when solo sometimes.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I get games matched to my skill level, which means a lot of sweaty lobbies. That isn't the fault of MMR though, that's just the current meta. Sometimes I still get babies randomly, and most matches are pretty fair even if I'm whining about meta perks during it LOL.

I watch my friend play sometimes who definitely isn't at high MMR and his games seem pretty reasonable. I'm still playing it even though I'm obsessed with Slay the Spire right now so that says a lot!

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Anniversary show starting in about 30 minutes, on the hour:

fake edit, ugh, another 30 minute timer :P

Last edited:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
News so far

-RPD rework coming sometime this Fall
-Update coming this year that will rework 40+ Killer and Survivor perks to diversify loadouts
-Prestige rework coming, prestiging will now make all that characters perks appear on all other Killers/Survivors at tier 1

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Prestige rework sounds great! Sounds like a better reason to actually go for prestige for some characters :D

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
The grind is absolutely demolished. I was worried about tying it to prestige since I have so many killers with all perks already with hundreds of add-ons and offerings. I still have 70 anniversary cakes on Nemesis! Keeping your stuff is so nice and will let me get through my killers already leveled up.

pete_clarf

Oct 25, 2017
The grind is absolutely demolished. I was worried about tying it to prestige since I have so many killers with all perks already with hundreds of add-ons and offerings. I still have 70 anniversary cakes on Nemesis! Keeping your stuff is so nice and will let me get through my killers already leveled up.
I'm sorta pissed because I've prestiged every single survivor at least once, many of them three times. It'll be nice going forward though! And maybe I'll start prestiging killers now (have never done that)!

They're gonna nerf the most used perks, great.

I was very surprised that Self-Care is in the top 5 used perks.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I'm sorta pissed because I've prestiged every single survivor at least once, many of them three times. It'll be nice going forward though! And maybe I'll start prestiging killers now (have never done that)!

The good thing is that you don't have to re-prestige them so you'll start getting their perks on everybody instantly! It does suck losing those previous items though.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
-Role incentives coming this year
-Will be able to equip both a survivor and killer challenge
-Bots coming to custom matches in the future
-Streamer mode coming

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
unknown.png

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Bot match practice also seems like a great no-brainer addition. Really good way to just try out killers or loadouts without actually worrying about winning a match.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
So by the end of this year we'll have

-RPD rework
-Huge perk overhaul (probably the next mid-chapter)
-Prestige rework
-Perk loadouts
-Role incentives
-Archive challenge changes

Lots of good stuff. Shame there's still no word on solo survivor buff.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
Boy howdy taking a 9 months off sure makes you rusty. Also these new maps are blowing my mind how annoying they are to navigate as a killer. Still haven't picked up anyone after Nemesis, but I did play around with Legion and I am liking their changes so far. Gonna try Ghostface soon and see what's up with him now.

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Ever since I first saw the Oni I've thought how perfect an AoT collab skin would be for him, his roar sounds JUST like the Attack Titan.
Insanely gratifying to see it coming, but man am I scratching my head at the choice of Armored Titan instead. Feels a bit stale after seeing him in CoD, and one of the least intimidating Titan designs, but I can't wait to see the rest of the collection.
DBD doesn't seem to do limited availability but it'll be so strange to see the AOT stuff just indefinitely available in the store.