• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Indeed, must have been some glitches in the boon totem preparation or something to mess up totems now on some maps :D

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
xbox version just had a random 900 mb update, now I cant play anymore. Says theres nobody in the matchmaking queue. Everyone on xbox on reddit is haing the same issue

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks for Xbox players. Hope it gets fixed soon.

On the positive, y'all probably getting more apology Bloodpoints 🤌

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Booted up the xbox version and was given 200k blood points. From what I can gather, they just turned off all crossplay? I think.

Edit: nvm, just saw the official tweets, thats exactly it

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
That dude is such a salty prick. He is the reason why the report button does nothing, because he floods it with dumb reasons...Console! Killer looked at me! NO ONE DOES GENS!

I like how he says BORROWED TIME!!!!! but doesn't even run it himself.

Light-Cloud

Apr 3, 2021
This got recommended by YouTube:

I've never heard of this guy, but damn what a condescending prick.

I remember when this guy used to do list videos on YouTube and it was discovered that most, maybe even all of them were plagiarised. I stopped following him after that so I haven't thought about him in a long time. Turns out he's still a piece of shit but for a different reason. I feel ashamed that I ever used to watch his videos. He wants to become a fog whisperer, If he ever does become a fog whisperer I'd be very disappointed, there are many streamers out there infinitely more deserving of it.

Slashkice

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else getting a weird bug where other players in the lobby are wearing whatever cosmetics you have equipped on their characters, but the cosmetics revert back to what the players actually have equipped once in-game?

I was very sad when I realized I wasn't actually matching outfits with my random lobby full of Fengs. :(

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting a weird bug where other players in the lobby are wearing whatever cosmetics you have equipped on their characters, but the cosmetics revert back to what the players actually have equipped once in-game?

I was very sad when I realized I wasn't actually matching outfits with my random lobby full of Fengs. :(
Haha yeah that happened to me in a few games the other day.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Huh, I thought it was weird there were others who had fabulous fashion sense as I!

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I think one of the challenges is bugged?
'the engineers guild'
Repair a total of 10 generators while cooperating with other survivors.

Ive played a few matches already, and 100% did at least 1 full generator from start to finish in my last match with someone else, but it's still showing "0"

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I think one of the challenges is bugged?
'the engineers guild'
Repair a total of 10 generators while cooperating with other survivors.

Ive played a few matches already, and 100% did at least 1 full generator from start to finish in my last match with someone else, but it's still showing "0"
Yeah it's bugged, it's in the patch notes as being fixed in today's update.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah it's bugged, it's in the patch notes as being fixed in today's update.
hot-shots-part-deux-hotshots.gif

Literally me attempting it all night

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Their flashlights must be tied to mouse wheel lol couldn't stop laughing, they were doing it all match to the killer.

This killer deserved it though. Face camping, tunnelling throughout the entire match. Hooked me, team unkooks me, bee-lines straight for me and hooks immediately after. F that guy

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Have they fixed this?

It was fixed when the update went out today.

The issue was someone pushed out the update to the Xbox series X players on Friday and no one else.

Since Behavior is actually a decent company no one works on weekends for the most part so nothing could be done until today when the update went out to everyone.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the next survivor is gonna be a witch of some kind, which makes sense if they're introducing boon totems with her.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Trapper getting buffed, Spirit getting nerfed, and add-ons will now state the exact numbers.

THE TRAPPER

Starting things off with a bang (or rather, a snap), we've made a series of small changes to The Trapper.

Did you know that the number of bear traps that spawn on the map is random? That's right, each trial will spawn between 4-6 bear traps at random. Now you can take this interesting little fact and completely forget about it because that's no longer how it works: now, 6 traps will always spawn (not including the traps you load in carrying). This takes away some of the random element in playing The Trapper and makes each match feel more consistent.

Having more traps is great and all, but wouldn't it be nice to carry more than one without add-ons? We sure think so. The Trapper will now be able to carry—and start with—two bear traps by default. This will help you get up and running quicker without relying on add-ons. The Trapper's bag add-ons have been adjusted or repurposed accordingly.

Finally, on the subject of add-ons, we've done a pass on some of his least used add-ons and either increased their effects, removed their downsides, or gave them new effects entirely.

THE SPIRIT

The Spirit has been a strong Killer since her release, and with that in mind, we've made some changes that aim to increase her skill ceiling whilst also giving Survivors some counterplay.

When close to The Spirit's husk, Survivors will not receive any indication that The Spirit is phase walking. Originally this was intended to be a fun mind game ("Is she using her power, or is she faking it?"), though in practice, it often doesn't feel that way. This lack of feedback forces you to make a guess and hope it pays off, which can be great when it works out in your favour, but can also feel awful when it doesn't.

To add more skill into The Spirit's counterplay, we're making two changes:

1. Any Survivor within 24m of The Spirit will now hear a directional phase sound. This lets you know whether or not she is phasing and also gives you a rough idea of which direction she's coming from.
  2. The Spirit's footsteps will now kick up dust while she is phasing. Keen Survivors may be able to pinpoint where she is, but tall grass and other obstacles may make it difficult.
These two changes aim to add more skill into playing as and against The Spirit and reduce the reliance on 'coin flips' (where you make a guess and hope it pays off).

Additionally, we've done a pass on some of The Spirit's add-ons to bring them more in line and make the lesser used add-ons more appealing. Like The Trapper, some of these changes are small tweaks while others are completely new effects.

KILLER ADD-ONS UPDATE

What does moderately mean? How much more is tremendously compared to considerably? If you ever found yourself in this situation, you're not alone. We used descriptive words like these to keep descriptions simple, but they end up causing just as much confusion since it's not immediately clear how much they're doing. With that in mind, we have done a pass on all Killer add-ons to list their exact effects. We plan to extend this to the rest of the game—Items, perks, etc.—in the future.

On top of that, Killer add-ons that apply a status effect will now have a brief description of what that status effect does.

While our designers were going through hundreds of Killer add-ons one by one to update their descriptions, they also noted down a few for changes as well. There's far too many to list here, but we've changed some add-ons for the following Killers:

• The Hillbilly
  • The Nurse
  • The Shape
  • The Hag
  • The Oni
  • The Blight
  • The Wraith
  • The Pig
  • The Ghost Face
These changes focus mostly on unused add-ons, or add-ons that are too weak/powerful.

Several perks getting changes.
Vigil

Nice and simple: We're increasing the recovery rate from 10/15/20% to 20/25/30%. Additionally, Vigil will now increase the recovery rate of the Broken, Exposed, and Oblivious status effects as well (where applicable). In short, more situations where it's useful, and even faster recovery too.

Babysitter/Guardian

Another small tweak: The rescued Survivor will now receive a speed boost for 4/6/8 seconds in addition to not leaving Scratch Marks or Pools of Blood. The aura reading duration has also been doubled.

For the People

For the People can create some amazing moments, but the trade-off of being Broken can make it very risky to justify using. We're decreasing the duration of the Broken status effect from 110/100/90 seconds to 80/70/60 seconds.

Hex: Retribution

Previously, Hex: Retribution would only make a Survivor Oblivious if they cleansed a dull totem. Now, interacting with any kind of totem will make them Oblivious. Additionally, we've increased the aura reading duration once a hex totem is cleansed to 15 seconds.

Hex: Blood Favor

This perk shipped with very safe conditions so it didn't get out of control. Upon reflection, we feel comfortable with removing some of these restrictions. Hex: Blood Favor will no longer have a cooldown, and will also activate upon successful Special Attacks as well.

Hex: The Third Seal

Just like the above, we've added Special Attacks to Hex: Third Seal as well. This should make the perk more practical on Killers that focus more on dealing damage with their power.

Hex: Thrill of the Hunt

With Boon perks making their way to the game (more on this soon!), we decided to give Thrill of the Hunt some love by extending the speed penalty from Cleansing to Blessing as well.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
That newest Dev Update has actually impressed me. Something that BHVR hasn't done in a long time. I hope this is just the beginning of them trying to fix their game for longevity's sake.

Edit: Also I'm not even a Survivor player and I can happily say get fucked Spirit, you suck.

Last edited:

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Everything in the blog post sounds good. Interested in seeing what kinds of Add On reworks show up.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I swear ever since the sbmm I get paired with the most shitty players. And I don't mean "skill" wise I mean on a sense of them being shitty team mates. People will get chased and run directly to the gen where people are working on and fuck it up. I've even had people who get chased and will follow me and even try and stand beside me or they will try and tell the killer where I am with their flashlight. I hate everyone. Lmao.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
That plague add on that does nothing, so so bad, why even have it. Even if it is a meme add on.

Boon tomes sounds so bad, the killer has to do so much and now we have to do even more.

Hatch and keys is a good move, I'm glad they are changing it. I honestly figured they never would because it was tied to achievements.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Decent changes. Don't play much Slinger or Plague. Perk changes are great but 90% of them are survivor perks. Need more killer perk changes.

Will be interesting to see the boon totems in action. Sounds like they're effects are only when you're near them.

The killer addon passes are going to be the biggest wild card in all this.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if you can bless hex totems yet? If not, I'm just gonna run a 5 totem build the first month of the mid-chapter to troll survivors lol.