• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess DC penalty is gone for killer but still up for survivor? I quit a game in both roles to test it and only killer has no matchmaking ban.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Am I alone with not understanding the yellow bottles? No matter how far I try to throw them away, the timing never works with them activating in time for me to walk through the speed boost. I always have to purposefully stop for that shit (even far before this patch).

yeah you really just need either a really long straightaway or a bigger loop you are trying to catch someone looping around. Just to get that first hit before they loop into the gas too :D
This recent Otz video has some great yellow gas use:

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
So I was playing Freddy, and I decided to use dream pallets, big ass mistake as I found a bug where dream pallets only work if you attack before they are thrown. If you attack after they stun you like regular pallets. So I was adding pallets to the game instead of taking them away. What a terrible ass bug.
I think Freddie being stunned by dream pallets is one of my favourite bugs I've seen in the game. I'm not even surprised with nonsense like that at this point.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Got my adept on my cenobite first game. I was still rank 4 so it took the 4 iridescent so I had to get a perfect game for it. I think he feels pretty good so far, but I've also played a fuck ton of nurse and Batman Arkham Asylum so I landed a bunch of my chains.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I was too afraid to try adept and instead ran Ruin with him. Funny enough it was my only rank 3 perk anyways.

Got a 3k and then a 4k in my first two games. Switched to some of my better at killers and had a bunch of 2k and 3k games and even some all escapes. Didn't play sweaty at all, but some of the survivors did.

Had a lot of fun though.

I'm continuingly of the theory that the DBD community does this to itself. Top content creators say that something will happen and then that something does happen because everyone watches the same group of top content creators.

"Twins are only good for slugging and camping"
"Insidious Bubba is the best way to go"
Etc

And now "SBMM will make everyone play sweaty"

In the end I've had some great games with the new matchmaking. But in honesty I just don't sweat it anymore.

If I don't get a hook, eh.

If I don't get a kill, eh.

Honestly the only time I get sweaty at all is as Survivor and that's because I've played for 300hrs and only escaped 13 times. And honestly it's because I suck that much as survivor.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I was too afraid to try adept and instead ran Ruin with him. Funny enough it was my only rank 3 perk anyways.

Got a 3k and then a 4k in my first two games. Switched to some of my better at killers and had a bunch of 2k and 3k games and even some all escapes. Didn't play sweaty at all, but some of the survivors did.

Had a lot of fun though.

I'm continuingly of the theory that the DBD community does this to itself. Top content creators say that something will happen and then that something does happen because everyone watches the same group of top content creators.

"Twins are only good for slugging and camping"
"Insidious Bubba is the best way to go"
Etc

And now "SBMM will make everyone play sweaty"

In the end I've had some great games with the new matchmaking. But in honesty I just don't sweat it anymore.

If I don't get a hook, eh.

If I don't get a kill, eh.

Honestly the only time I get sweaty at all is as Survivor and that's because I've played for 300hrs and only escaped 13 times. And honestly it's because I suck that much as survivor.

That's the right attitude for killer. I'll sweat it up sometimes near the end of the game for a final push or if I'm going for adept, but otherwise I just try to play chill and fuck around. Even with just fucking around I get 3 or 4K's all the time. I've stopped running ruin now because I know when I play survivor I hate playing against it, so I try to play without gen regression completely now.

Though for survivor, you honestly may break a wall soon and start doing well. I'm a pretty good survivor, if I say so myself, but I didn't really hit a breakthrough until like 500 hours in. Before that I don't even know what game I was playing! There's just something that clicks in your brain and all the sudden everything just makes sense.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Yeah I don't sweat it as killer unless the survivors are asking for it. Most of the time I will always play fair and prioritize hooks at all times. If I can 3 hook everyone I think that's a fairly fair game. Unfortunately, most people are too competitive and take killer way too seriously lol.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Lmao. This was the biggest anti SBMM game I've had so far.

kBCdIO5.jpg

Now I know the grades have nothing to do with the SBMM, but this killer clearly hasn't played the game for even an hour. He lost every chase, couldn't hook anyone, hasn't even downed anyone and I even think he didn't even hurt anyone, he missed all hits and everything he tried went wrong.

Skilled Based Match Making working as intended.
Thanks for the almost de-pip, f'n ass of a game.

DocScroll

May 25, 2021
Tried a match before Sony conference last night as Pinhead, 4 swf sweatlords on coms with a key and they took me to haddonfield. Pretty sure they had a brand new part too. I don't play killer often and I don't think I should be matching against these kinds of teams? Only got two hooks and they were running me to the most tedious loops on the map so I just quit to watch the stream.

Not sure it's such a huge issue with sbmm but it did match me with them within seconds. Probably more an issue with the playerbase.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

kBCdIO5.jpg

Now I know the grades have nothing to do with the SBMM, but this killer clearly hasn't played the game for even an hour. He lost every chase, couldn't hook anyone, hasn't even downed anyone and I even think he didn't even hurt anyone, he missed all hits and everything he tried went wrong.

Yeah at 300hrs in. I still have games like that.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017

kBCdIO5.jpg

Well, they clearly have BBQ on Pinhead so that's not entirely true. Probably just trying it out for the first time, maybe after a long break.

SBMM will take time in the exploration period to rank people up. New and returning players will get weird games for awhile as the game figures out a ranking for them.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
How hard is it to get into it if you are going to play for the first time?

I feel like it's MUCH easier to learn the ropes as a Survivor than a killer, because killers are so different from one another. The game does offer a pretty comprehensive "training" breakdown, that then drops you into a game with bots as both Surivor and Killer, start with those first.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
The MMR system is a giant turd. I guess they don't want to have anyone play killer anymore. Only get matched against sweat squads once I got to the new silver rank when all the survivors are maxed out red 3-1 and just sweat it out every single game.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
you know you played this game to much when all killer games are you trying your hardest going vs. 4 mans with perfect communication and on survivor side all you go against is the same 3 killers(spirit, nurse, blight) Might be time to just play for daily goals and then just put the game down. MMR for others seems to be great, who all say they have fun games. MMR for me has been a nightmare where its zero fun vs zero fun.

Last edited:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
This is actually a pretty good combo if you pair it with add-ons that slow down the time it takes to solve the box.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
yeah they definitely upped the rank awards or something as i got 300k now from just gold 3. So the "up to 250k" is probably up to 500k now or so. Which is still not an amazing amount of BP but i get it :P Should be a random charm or costume part that unlocks instead to be worthwhile.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I've been having a couple of good killer nights. Even when I don't get a kill I'm getting hooks.

Now to do that damage 10 gens/break pallets challenge.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Played for the first time in at least a month yesterday. So far matches were about 50/50 so MMR seems ok enough? I'm also derusting so it may be a bit before I find my groove again.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Dumb question but you can't change the UI in the starting screen to reflect the killer can you? I remember there were unique ones for like Pyramid Head and Nemesis when they landed.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question but you can't change the UI in the starting screen to reflect the killer can you? I remember there were unique ones for like Pyramid Head and Nemesis when they landed.

no, unfortunately the background changes with chapters that have something. It will save the killer you have chosen though, so at least that you can change :D

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I play on ps5, and the one thing I found that sucks now is the breaking of the pinheads chains is R1, and vaulting is also R1, so when I'm breaking chains next to a pallet, once it breaks it automatically starts the animation. What binding is it where I can break chains with like Triangle button but also keep the pallet and gen button R1?

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Not sure how true this data mine is but it's interesting.

TLDW - Survivors are graded as a team. Killers are graded separately but is weighted by your best killer.

It works mostly like the old system. And playing sweaty doesn't help because time of match is a factor.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017

Not sure how true this data mine is but it's interesting.

TLDW - Survivors are graded as a team. Killers are graded separately but is weighted by your best killer.

It works mostly like the old system. And playing sweaty doesn't help because time of match is a factor.
Interesting.

Assuming it's true, having a ton of killer players and a low amount of survivor players at high MMR is really surprising.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Dead Dawg just get re-enabled?

Also there's a totem on Lery's that has the same problem. That gonna be disabled too?