• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
"I CAME" will never ever ever ever get old.

IMG_20210817_123809.jpg

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
After a few hours of stream and reading, I'm really split about him.

The ideas here are very good, the design and animations are really well done but the actual gameplay and perks and mechanics feel like they are in alpha status. The chains break way too quickly, way too fast, the puzzle mechanic feels completely unfinished and misdesigned with the puzzlebox being reset everytime Pinhead teleports and also being finished way too quickly (and also with just normal skillchecks, why not the special ones from the yellow battle pass things?). He feels so unfinished, but the ideas are there and he has a lot of potential, but he already feels like he needs a massive rework and balance changes in every category.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Incredible news if it pans out

Also I learned that the voice actor for Nemesis used to be in a death metal band. Surprisingly good, but I'm a sucker for 90s death metal

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
That nemesis buff is funny because most of my long loops against nemmy are because they over commit with the whip. This will definitely make a not insignificant difference

Love nemesis, playing as and against.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I see the new ranking system is now metal based. Bronze, silver, gold, etc.

Don't know how much that changes things. Seems just the colors are getting replaced by them.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Pinhead looks fun to play.
His teleport power is hilarious.

Not sure how good the Homing chain power is though. Need to see survivor footage to see how good it can be

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought Steve and the Scoops Ahoy outfit and, I gotta say, Second Wind is actually a fantastic perk. The fact you only need to not get hit for twenty seconds after you're unhooked to get back up to full health really dang useful.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I bought Steve and the Scoops Ahoy outfit and, I gotta say, Second Wind is actually a fantastic perk. The fact you only need to not get hit for twenty seconds after you're unhooked to get back up to full health really dang useful.
Yes, but that's ONLY if you heal someone before you're hooked. If someone even helps you heal someone else, you will also not fill up second wind. Very situational perk, IMO.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
The other problem with 2nd wind is if the killer sees you broken off hook, and happen to be close by, that is an easy tunnel. If they have barrowed time off the hook, you will only heal the mend.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I started watching hellraiser due to pinhead being added. I kinda hate these movies. It a whole lot of fucking and disgusting gore, not much else. One visual in the first movie was absolutely amazing though. watched the first 2 of them and I think ive had my fill.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I started watching hellraiser due to pinhead being added. I kinda hate these movies. It a whole lot of fucking and disgusting gore, not much else. watched the first 2 of them and I think ive had my fill.
Their not for everyone but for me they are more about psychological horror and what makes the the human mind break.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I started watching hellraiser due to pinhead being added. I kinda hate these movies. It a whole lot of fucking and disgusting gore, not much else. One visual in the first movie was absolutely amazing though. watched the first 2 of them and I think ive had my fill.

The first two are the only good ones too :D already in the third film they ignore their own movie universe rules and Pinhead becomes a generic slasher villain.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
The first two are the only good ones too :D already in the third film they ignore their own movie universe rules and Pinhead becomes a generic slasher villain.
Third one loses the plot but it's still fun at least. I mean it has CDhead! And the club scene is awesome.

It's after the third one that they all just became dumb and a lot of them didn't even start their script life as Hellraiser movies.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

I have to give props to Hellraiser Judgement, the most recent one, which is WAY better than it has any right to be and does a lot of interesting stuff on a shoestring budget.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
playing as a killer has been pretty insufferable the last couple days. Dont know what happened, but I keep getting paired up with the sweatiest people. Running circles around me. I just chased one person for literally an entire match because I was fed up of actually trying. I actually hooked them at the end, then got hit by every persons flashlight and they all escaped.

Im currently trying the challenge for hooking 7 times in one trial, most ive gotten recently is 2 lol

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
playing as a killer has been pretty insufferable the last couple days. Dont know what happened, but I keep getting paired up with the sweatiest people. Running circles around me. I just chased one person for literally an entire match because I was fed up of actually trying. I actually hooked them at the end, then got hit by every persons flashlight and they all escaped.

Im currently trying the challenge for hooking 7 times in one trial, most ive gotten recently is 2 lol
I'll be honest, since the MMR test I have been running into non-stop purple key users or sweat squads. No idea what is making people play like this but honestly it kinda sucks. Like I don't mind having to try harder to get a kill and whatnot but the fact that these games can't even last longer than 5-10 minutes is a bummer. Makes it to where I can't use fun builds and have to use sweaty try hard killer builds instead which sucks.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I have to give props to Hellraiser Judgement, the most recent one, which is WAY better than it has any right to be and does a lot of interesting stuff on a shoestring budget.
Sigh. Has actual Judeo-Christian angels in the movie, that's just look like what you'd expect.

And that ending, Clive Barker did it better years ago in a comic book.

Also has the Cenobites breaking all the rules of the series. You can say I'm not a fan.

It's a decent movie but it's not a great Hellraiser movie.

But let's all be honest there are only for good Hellraiser movies.

Slashkice

Oct 27, 2017

Watched it last night for the same reason and came away feeling the same. Didn't help that I didn't care about the stepmom and pretty much half the movie is just her boning Frank and feeding him. The Cenobites were underwhelming too, they didn't get much screen time and spent most of it just standing around looking menacing. Pinhead had a strong presence, but then he and the rest of the Cenobites just get beaten by Kirsty solving a Rubik's cube.

At least the DBD incarnation looks fun to play.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Watched it last night for the same reason and came away feeling the same. Didn't help that I didn't care about the stepmom and pretty much half the movie is just her boning Frank and feeding him. The Cenobites were underwhelming too, they didn't get much screen time and spent most of it just standing around looking menacing. Pinhead had a strong presence, but then he and the rest of the Cenobites just get beaten by Kirsty solving a Rubik's cube.

At least the DBD incarnation looks fun to play.

The first film is a unique one and kinda like Freddy, the future films expanded on the powers and "cool kills" :D i do recommend watching the second film at least still.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I played against this Hillbilly that my friend insists was a hacker. Dont know if that was the case since I know that he has the silent chainsaw add-on and boots, but he knows much more that me so I cant refute him either

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
So I played against this Hillbilly that my friend insists was a hacker. Dont know if that was the case since I know that he has the silent chainsaw add-on and boots, but he knows much more that me so I cant refute him either

Silent Muffler and Tinkerer etc make it so that he has no terror radius, hence the saw is silent even when he's close to you.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Silent Muffler and Tinkerer etc make it so that he has no terror radius, hence the saw is silent even when he's close to you.

My doubt is, if Im not wrong tinkerer only lasts 16 seconds after is triggered by the 70% completed generator, yet in these videos the chainsaw was always silent.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
My doubt is, if Im not wrong tinkerer only lasts 16 seconds after is triggered by the 70% completed generator, yet in these videos the chainsaw was always silent.

Apex Muffler with Tinkerer means his terror radius is pretty much gone. It might be a bug but it happens a lot with Hillbilly builds.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I've stocked up on all the Stranger Things cosmetics I've been wanting because of this sale. Low key, I kinda wanna buy everything since it won't be available anymore and I'm only missing like 4 more things.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Before Scott came out as a bigot I was all for FNAF in DBD but nah they can get fucked now.
Why are they mad? Coz it never happened? 🙄
They're angry the killer was Pinhead instead of Springtrap.

I wonder if this is just going to keep happening until FNAF chapter comes out. Like, if the next killer is also not Springtrap, they gonna be mad again? A never-ending cycle of anger?

Also yeah, fuck Scott Cawthon.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
The Stranger Things Chapter is just $4.79 on the Playstation Store FYI. I scooped that up this morning.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played a match as Spirit a couple of days ago where a Nea was clearly very comfortable with the loops on the map. They were very impressive and it seemed impossible to catch her at first, but when they run the same loop a couple of times and you have a pretty good idea of where they're running to it's basically over. Spirit is an awful lot faster. Thanks to that player, I'm now a little better at playing against Spirit because they exposed some of her weaknesses I didn't know about yet.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Otzdarva made a petition to add low graphic settings to consoles to help performance.

www.change.org

Sign the Petition

BHVR, please add a low-graphic setting for consoles in DBD
With every new update or graphical change, it is becoming increasingly obvious that previous gen consoles are operating at their limit and seriously lagging behind new gen consoles and PC. Small issues that affect performance even slightly make playing Dead by Daylight on previous gen consoles often a frustrating experience.

While we understand that Dead by Daylight is a thematic horror game and that beautiful graphics are a great selling point for newcomers, we also strongly believe that veteran players should have the optional ability to downgrade the visual quality of their game to ensure a smooth experience. Those who sign this petition are either console players that would welcome this option or other players that sympathize with this issue.

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
They're angry the killer was Pinhead instead of Springtrap.

How can they be mad an unrelated series was the tease and not the one they wanted??? how is that anyone's fault?

With Behaviours Pride plans hinting they're gonna write an LGBT+ character / lore I hope to god they avoid FNAF.

Aia

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This game can be horrible sometimes, there's so many bugs. Dead Hard and DS sometimes don't work, sometimes I am bugged on the floor and the killer can't pick me up!