• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
damn, that´s pretty convincing then :D Pinhead from Hellraiser does seem more likely than Candyman now :D even though both are Clive Barker´s...

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing a ranged ability. His weapon is the puzzle box and he can sprout chains from it to rip into survivors.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
There was some comment somewhere about if you liked Nemesis's power more was coming so probably hook chains.

Also I think they should call him the Cenobite.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
It's Hellraiser (what a catch):

1987 is the year Hellraiser came out.

Last edited:

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
They are fuckin trolling us with this

Hellraiser or FNAF???
Videodrome collab! Let's goooooooooo
videodrome_-_3.jpg

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well that was weird. One of the survivors in my most recent match must have been helping the killer, because they basically walked up to the gen I was working on and failed every single skill check until the killer showed up and then they just sat there and disconnected.

I really should've just bailed, huh.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
New matchmaking seems great, a couple hours of really good and fun matches as a survivor duo in purple ranks.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
New matchmaking is completely garbage for me again, like every single time they try this crap that nobody needs. Had 4 rounds in a row now where nobody gets anything done and 3 people hang already with still 5 generators and you can basically let yourself get killed because the round is over.

I'm so sick of these stupid tests.

Slashkice

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like every other game I'm getting people disconnecting or killing themselves on hook for no reason whatsoever. Like damn, I just want to play some regular games.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Last time, SBMM worked well for me. This time it's kind of a mixed bag for me. I'll have some matches with great survivors and other matches with clearly new survivors lol. For killer, it's been the same. I have not seen much difference.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I got a ton of nemesis today

Skill based matchmaking felt like the killers were pretty bad mostly. I had some insane loops today. Few games where i got out without getting hit

Aia

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Pinhead would be very interesting.

Also is this game getting larger (ps5 file size) or it it just me?

It's like 50gb+ now. Pretty sure it was under 40 a few months ago

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Meh, I dunno about the SBMM. I played Deathslinger like probably 5 times total, pretty much all for dailies and the event cosmetics. Played him again for the daily. Got a probably SWF team who I was having a hard time shooting (well the one guy I decided to chase). They completed all gens, then key hatched, though I did manage to lock down the hatch after just two survivors made it through. Then I slugged the remaining two so they couldn't go through the hatch at least, then picked one back up so I could do my daily, who then proceeded to just keep running away despite it being clear all game I wasn't trying to hook anyone. Then they just both ended up dying to timeout because that first person wasted too much of my time that they couldn't get the gate open by the time I downed the first person and picked the second one up so she could struggle free.

I wonder if it's based on average BP, since I'm guessing I still get decent BPs even though I generally let people go when I'm just doing dailies.

Last edited:

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
cant say I am super stoked for pinhead, but I have never seen a single Hellraiser movie. Guess I will binge them if he gets announced

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
The dangers of licensed characters :E Stranger Things chapter is being unlisted this november. Buy it now if you want something from it! (they haven´t said yet if it´s possible to re-negotiate it like Freddy though)

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's a first...

Bye bye hawkins as well. I actually liked that map

The characters and most likely the map will stay in the game. You just can´t buy them anymore. Kinda like a Ferrari license in racing games or something, so of course it won´t be removed from peoples´ libraries but they are just not allowed to sell it anymore.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's a first. I didn't know you could use the key to unlock the Hatch as soon as it appears on the map. I just played a match where one of the players disconnected because they got hooked twice in a row almost immediately, then another got killed and the third used the key early and it triggered the endgame, leaving me alone to try to avoid the killer long enough to open a gate. 😂

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
They confirmed Hawkins will be removed from the game in the blogpost.

haha yeah i just actually read the entire thing :D

On Nov. 17, 2021, the gate to the Upside Down will close and the Underground Complex Map will be sealed off permanently to players in Dead by Daylight.
The characters of The Demogorgon, Nancy Wheeler, and Steve Harrington will no longer be available for purchase in Dead by Daylight.

Players who have already purchased any of these Stranger Things characters will retain access to them and can continue using them after Nov. 17 when they are no longer for sale.

Players who still wish to purchase any of these characters between now and Nov. 17 can do so at half price and also retain access to them after they are no longer available in store.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
i´d put my money on next weeks´ tuesday, the 24th.

Nah, PTB is definitely coming tomorrow.

The dangers of licensed characters :E Stranger Things chapter is being unlisted this november. Buy it now if you want something from it! (they haven´t said yet if it´s possible to re-negotiate it like Freddy though)

Holy shit, this is a first for the game (besides the Freddy problems for a short time which, to my knowledge, only affected the new console version and was still perfectly fine available on all previously running versions?) and it's especially so surprising because it's the most and best supported licensed IP they had with many costumes and even an Jonathan Byers legendary costume. This is quite shocking, I'm really puzzled by what went wrong here, this IP also is far from being over with the next season coming, so, huh?

Maaaan, I guess a legendary Robin outfit is now off the table. :/

This will be expensive, but I will definitely get all the costumes now.

Edit.

WTF they're removing the map too? That is super strange and it will definitely be missed, I personally love that map and it was the first that looked graphically really impressive.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, PTB is definitely coming tomorrow.

Holy shit, this is a first for the game (besides the Freddy problems for a short time which, to my knowledge, only affected the new console version and was still perfectly fine available on all previously running versions?) and it's especially so surprising because it's the most and best supported licensed IP they had with many costumes and even an Jonathan Byers legendary costume. This is quite shocking, I'm really puzzled by what went wrong here, this IP also is far from being over with the next season coming, so, huh?

Maaaan, I guess a legendary Robin outfit is now off the table. :/

This will be expensive, but I will definitely get all the costumes now.

Edit.

WTF they're removing the map too? That is super strange and it will definitely be missed, I personally love that map and it was the first that looked graphically really impressive.

Yeah it´s definitely the first true expiration of a license :( Freddy had to be re-negotiated for new platforms, but guess that was cheaper. Netflix might have asked for an exorbitant amount for a renewal :/

I wonder how new players unlock inner strength or surge?

I wonder if they become general perks like bills were for console.

Hopefully they have a system in place for these for now and in the future as this will hardly be the first time. Will still of course suck for newcomers who want to play as the Demo or these survivors.