• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I don't have the RE chapter, is counterforce better or worse than detective's hunch?

Counterforce is definitely stronger with a map, but Detective's Hunch is more secure in giving info. I've cleansed a totem and wasn't able to find the next one's aura fast enough. Plus on some maps the area is so vague that you spend a bit of time looking for it, detectives hunch feels like it's easier to spot things for some reason, probably the bigger range and the ability to find multiple totems at once.

CF is great though when you're cleansing totems. If you use a map and can track them you do the 5th totem in only 7 seconds, which if it's a hex totem is certainly a shorter time than it is for a killer to carry a survivor to a hook. If you know the map spawns as well CF is probably stronger.

Utility - CF
Information - DH

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Counterforce is definitely stronger with a map, but Detective's Hunch is more secure in giving info. I've cleansed a totem and wasn't able to find the next one's aura fast enough. Plus on some maps the area is so vague that you spend a bit of time looking for it, detectives hunch feels like it's easier to spot things for some reason, probably the bigger range and the ability to find multiple totems at once.

CF is great though when you're cleansing totems. If you use a map and can track them you do the 5th totem in only 7 seconds, which if it's a hex totem is certainly a shorter time than it is for a killer to carry a survivor to a hook. If you know the map spawns as well CF is probably stronger.

Utility - CF
Information - DH

I'm a new player so I got DH from the shrine during the anniversary
The only character I got it on was my level 11 Jeff when I was trying to get his crown
Did the last gen, all of a sudden NOED slaps half the team. DH saved our asses and got Jeff his crown from showing me that totem to cleanse lol
Also speaking of Jeff, in a world of Lethal Pursuer, is it worth teaching Distortion?

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I'm a new player so I got DH from the shrine during the anniversary
The only character I got it on was my level 11 Jeff when I was trying to get his crown
Did the last gen, all of a sudden NOED slaps half the team. DH saved our asses and got Jeff his crown from showing me that totem to cleanse lol
Also speaking of Jeff, in a world of Lethal Pursuer, is it worth teaching Distortion?

I've been messing with distortion lately. It really shines in a group when playing with friends as you can tell them what perks are poppin off, as it acts as a safer version of Object of Obsession. It's amazing as an information perk and it does fuck with lethal lol. I had a game where I spawned in with distortion proc'ing against lethal but I also spawned in front of the killer's Hex Ruin by myself. They even ran an insurance card and still lost their ruin within 20 seconds of that match starting, that has got to feel bad.

You need to know what you're looking against to get the most value out of it though. If you can keep in mind what perks are giving the killer information you can try to play around them once you run out of distortion stacks. Some easy tips on what perks the killer has and if there's counterplay:

• Lose a stack as soon as the game starts - that's easy, it's lethal pursuer
  • Lose a stack when you walk near totems - that's Hex: Undying, try to cleanse a hex totem before walking near any dull totems to prevent loss of stacks. Undying will show you your aura as long as you are near a dull totem as long as it's active. Whichever hex totem is cleansed first will always be Undying.
  • Lose a stack when a hex totem is cleansed - that's Hex: Retribution which shows everybodies auras for 10 seconds whenever a hex totem is cleansed. If they have multiple hex effects and the ones you know about are gone - like they had ruin and a gen isn't regressing or haunted grounds just went off when the totem was cleansed - be careful about doing extra totems as retribution might still be active.
  • Lose a stack when somebody is hooked - that's BBQ & Chili. You can hide in a locker when somebody is being carried to prevent the killer from seeing your aura after the hook. Just make sure not to take too long as the killer can see your aura getting into the locker and might be running your way for an easy grab
  • Lose a stack when healing - that's Nurses calling, heal outside of the killers terror radius to have a better chance of not getting interrupted
  • Lose a stack when a gen is done - that's Bitter Murmur. That means when you are near a gen that's completed it will show your aura to the killer. Just know that when the final gen is done they will see everybodies auras for 10 seconds, so maybe don't crouch in a corner when all gens are done
  • Lose a stack after vaulting a window - that's I'm All Ears. This means you're playing either against a pyramid head or a gamer. Just know if it's a pyramid head that the long range attacks after your vault when distortion is gone will probably be unsafe as the killer will be tracking you with the perk to hit with their power.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I've been messing with distortion lately. It really shines in a group when playing with friends as you can tell them what perks are poppin off, as it acts as a safer version of Object of Obsession. It's amazing as an information perk and it does fuck with lethal lol. I had a game where I spawned in with distortion proc'ing against lethal but I also spawned in front of the killer's Hex Ruin by myself. They even ran an insurance card and still lost their ruin within 20 seconds of that match starting, that has got to feel bad.

You need to know what you're looking against to get the most value out of it though. If you can keep in mind what perks are giving the killer information you can try to play around them once you run out of distortion stacks. Some easy tips on what perks the killer has and if there's counterplay:

• Lose a stack as soon as the game starts - that's easy, it's lethal pursuer
  • Lose a stack when you walk near totems - that's Hex: Undying, try to cleanse a hex totem before walking near any dull totems to prevent loss of stacks. Undying will show you your aura as long as you are near a dull totem as long as it's active. Whichever hex totem is cleansed first will always be Undying.
  • Lose a stack when a hex totem is cleansed - that's Hex: Retribution which shows everybodies auras for 10 seconds whenever a hex totem is cleansed. If they have multiple hex effects and the ones you know about are gone - like they had ruin and a gen isn't regressing or haunted grounds just went off when the totem was cleansed - be careful about doing extra totems as retribution might still be active.
  • Lose a stack when somebody is hooked - that's BBQ & Chili. You can hide in a locker when somebody is being carried to prevent the killer from seeing your aura after the hook. Just make sure not to take too long as the killer can see your aura getting into the locker and might be running your way for an easy grab
  • Lose a stack when healing - that's Nurses calling, heal outside of the killers terror radius to have a better chance of not getting interrupted
  • Lose a stack when a gen is done - that's Bitter Murmur. That means when you are near a gen that's completed it will show your aura to the killer. Just know that when the final gen is done they will see everybodies auras for 10 seconds, so maybe don't crouch in a corner when all gens are done
  • Lose a stack after vaulting a window - that's I'm All Ears. This means you're playing either against a pyramid head or a gamer. Just know if it's a pyramid head that the long range attacks after your vault when distortion is gone will probably be unsafe as the killer will be tracking you with the perk to hit with their power.

This is really helpful thanks
I play on my own as I don't know anyone who plays this, but it seems like it would be very strong in a group

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
3k on Haddonfield as the Pig. Two hooks and a Jake who had an active bear trap on who thought he had pissed me off enough to chase him all the way through the exit gate so it would stay deactivated.

They were annoying too. Every time I would down someone two of them would show up and sabotage the nearest hook or try to Flashlight blind me.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I had a good laugh yesterday, I was going vs. a Myers and I used blast mine and after he hooked me he kicked the gen and it blinded him and stunned him and the first thing he did was walk over to my hook and hit me for it lol

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I must have played for around 2-3 hours last night and didn't get The Game at all. Must be lucky.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I finally did it. Every single one of my killers now has BBQ & Chili 3. I will only play with 2x bloodpoints from now on (until September)

Also haven't gotten the game ONCE.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I swear I JUST experienced a "doing gens, you?" match. I'm a red rank survivor(rank 3 atm) and matchmaking put me in a lobby with a rank 20, 13, and like a rank 17 against a rank 7 Deathslinger. Someone DC'd fairly early into the match leaving us at a disadvantage. Slinger had Ruin so he got great value out of it most of the match since the remaining 2 probably didn't even know what was happening. I managed to cleanse ruin save all of them who were hooked, they do a gen, Slinger kills Dweet, and then starts chasing me for like 20 minutes. In all those 20 minutes he'd hurt the rank 20 Claudette over and over cuz she would self care every single time. I had bond on, and during those 20 minutes she did not complete a single gen. Slinger kept slugging her and continued chasing me until he must have given up and then it was a race to the hatch. Thank fucking god I managed to get that shit after that endless chase. 😂

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I absolutely LOVE the stun hit validation. It changes the game so much. It feels like when they changed vacuum pallets* but on the inverse. Pallets have been weak for a while because of varying connections, and a lot of good stuns wouldn't go through. Now it feels like I'm playing and it rewards me for good play.

Also reversal pallet stuns are way easier. My looping has felt stronger than ever since this patch. Look at this silly shit

*pallets used to vacuum survivors to the other side. Where now you'd drop it on the same side as the killer and probably get hit, it used to vacuum the survivor to the anchor point where they drop the pallet, but on the other side.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even know the Clown was a freebie killer, so I did the challenges you need to use him for today. Didn't take too long, thankfully. Now all I need to do is stun a killer four times and destroy 20 pallets or whatever and I'll have done all the challenges with a few days to spare.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Just used deliverance for the first time and it won the game
what an awesome perk

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I don't understand the point of having ranks if lobbies are just completely lopsided messes.

Like, I'm a rank 12 killer, why would I be matched against red rank survivors ? And I'm a level 8 survivor, what the fuck is a level 1 killer doing in my lobby ?

And before you ask, no, these lobbies weren't balanced by the other players.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I don't understand the point of having ranks if lobbies are just completely lopsided messes.

Like, I'm a rank 12 killer, why would I be matched against red rank survivors ? And I'm a level 8 survivor, what the fuck is a level 1 killer doing in my lobby ?

Availability plays a part. The queue is designed to match people quickly and as close as it can.

SWF teams can mess it up but yeah, sometimes you are punching way above your rank.

Try to find your own fun in those matches.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
I find I have more fun when I realize I'm playing with other humans trying to have fun and sometimes I just let people go if I know they're trying to complete something and they'll also return the favor. We can also practice looping and mechanics just messing around and filling blood points. Other times I'll go for the 4k just because that's my mood and I'm on a roll.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
DBDLeaks is saying the next chapter might just be a new killer and no survivor due to license agreements. A new, original survivor will arrive in the mid chapter.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
There are so many maps in this game at this point that 2x increased odds for one of them doesn't even mean anything. I didn't get The Game once in my last two sessions.

All the rumors point to Candyman to coincide with the new movie.
I don't even know if this is a meme at this point or something.
I've been playing this game for over a year and people have been saying this since then.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
There are so many maps in this game at this point that 2x increased odds for one of them doesn't even mean anything. I didn't get The Game once in my last two sessions.

I don't even know if this is a meme at this point or something.
I've been playing this game for over a year and people have been saying this since then.

Candyman is the new Ghostface. He'll be the DLC every month until we finally will it into existence

I think the actual idea is that the DLC got delayed for a year or so because of COVID and the movie release date. That's the cope anyways. We just really want Candyman and fake ass leakers know that and will put out info so we click on their sites infested with ads.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It's fun how all theories come up. I've heard people saying Springtrap from FNaF because there is no survivor model for that game and it has a new game coming soon.

I've heard Candyman because of the movie reboot.

I've heard Chucky because the TV series.

And it made me think. With the possible exception of Resident Evil did any licensed killer come out to promote another product?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Licensed characters are cool and all but honestly I just want more original characters...
Well you'll be disappointed. The devs have said they want to do 2 licensed chapters a year instead of one.

It's fun how all theories come up. I've heard people saying Springtrap from FNaF because there is no survivor model for that game and it has a new game coming soon.

And it made me think. With the possible exception of Resident Evil did any licensed killer come out to promote another product?
No but with the huge playerbase jump with the RE chapter, I have no doubt they'll want to do more in the future. Probably makes it easier to get licenses too.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017

Not really, Elm Street is the remake version though that could be seen as promotion.

And i think DbD is similar to Mortal Kombat as they are actual distinct characters, not just skins like in Fortnite or COD. So a lot more thought has to go in the guests and as such, quick cashgrabs don't make much sense :D

It's just been a long time since Candyman 3, and a (hopefully) good new film would definitely spark new interest in the character. So could just be lucky timing to include another classic horror movie character in the game alongside a movie.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They'd be crazy to do a FNAF collaboration after the Scott Cawthon thing and I think they already ruled out Chucky because he's too small.

Candyman is certainly the most reasonable expectation, but I'd love The Keeper from The Evil Within. Imagine having those little safes dotted around the map for The Keeper to effectively teleport to but they're consumed upon use. Sebastian could even be the survivor, although obviously the next killer won't have one.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017

As someone hitting the same place. 12 & 8 Survivor/Killer. I've been still pulling a lot of 3k to 4k with a lot of salty mother fuckers at the end who have been rank 4 or lower. Lots of losers saying you're camping, when anytime I down someone. You are swarming the second I put them on the hook. Be less predictable. If I'm a trapper, I'm going to take 15 to 20 seconds to re-position my traps. Go do a generator and put pressure on me rather than swarming for your friend with another. Oddly enough, pre-mades have been far easier for me to deal with this for this reason. They group and get cute with their moves, rather than spreading out and forcing me to chase. It made me realize how a good group of survivors can steamroll a killer. Maps like Haddon and Glideon are brutal as a killer where even with me getting a handful of hooks, there isn't much I can do unless survivors fuck up.

Last edited:

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
As someone hitting the same place. 12 & 8 Survivor/Killer. I've been still pulling a lot of 3k to 4k with a lot of salty mother fuckers at the end. Lots of losers saying you're camping, when anytime I down someone. You are swarming the second I put them on the hook. Its like be less predictable. If I'm a trapper, I'm going to take 15 to 20 seconds to re-position my traps. Go do a generator and put pressure on me.

Yeah I guess it's not that bad, I don't get a lot a really horrible matches, it just gets frustrating sometimes especially on nights when matchmaking is slow and a match can end quicker than the time it took to get into it. Still I think lobbies should be a tad more balanced.

I've also been trying to get the killer achievements which is a mistake as they seem a lot harder than when I was playing on PS4 a few years ago ? I got several 4k games but it doesn't seem to work that way anymore.

Aia

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As someone hitting the same place. 12 & 8 Survivor/Killer. I've been still pulling a lot of 3k to 4k with a lot of salty mother fuckers at the end who have been rank 4 or lower. Lots of losers saying you're camping, when anytime I down someone. You are swarming the second I put them on the hook. Be less predictable. If I'm a trapper, I'm going to take 15 to 20 seconds to re-position my traps. Go do a generator and put pressure on me rather than swarming for your friend with another. Oddly enough, pre-mades have been far easier for me to deal with this for this reason. They group and get cute with their moves, rather than spreading out and forcing me to chase. It made me realize how a good group of survivors can steamroll a killer. Maps like Haddon and Glideon are brutal as a killer where even with me getting a handful of hooks, there isn't much I can do unless survivors fuck up.
Eh, that's a really lame excuse. Instead of camping, go mess with the other two and let the game flow.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Have the noobie resident evil players gone back to other games?

Matchmaking for survivor has been horrible the past couple of weeks.

PRE-RE Chapter levels

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, that's a really lame excuse. Instead of camping, go mess with the other two and let the game flow.

If they are going to be a dumbass and go for the grab before I'm out of sight while resetting traps. That is on them. That is the flow of the game as Trapper. If the survivors leave 3 generators next to each other for last. They whine about how you're "camping". Not that they fucked up while doing generators and pigeon holed themselves. Or when you don't "chase" them enough. Yes, I recognize pretty quickly who is going to loop me hard and who isn't and focus in on the weak links.

Last edited:

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Are they gonna make ranks easier to climb then? Because grinding from 20 every month sounds like a great way to burn out your player base

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Are they gonna make ranks easier to climb then? Because grinding from 20 every month sounds like a great way to burn out your player base
Agreed. I've said before trying to grind both sides to rank 1 every month with the current pip system would be a nightmare. 250k BP per side is paltry compared to the effort required.

Light-Cloud

Apr 3, 2021
I started playing this game a couple of weeks ago or so, during the bloodpoints event. I've been playing both killer and survivor and having a fun time for the most part. I've gotta say though that the past week or so, I don't know what happened but whenever I play as killer I seem to get matched with rank 1-10 players almost exclusively while I'm only 16. The last several matches I've had I didn't even hook a single survivor, they, quite literally, run circles around me. It's kind of a bummer 'cause I was having fun when it felt like I was killing at least one survivor per match and even when I didn't get a kill I still felt like I was having fun. Is this always how it is when there isn't an event going on? If so I might just stick to playing survivor, it's a shame but killer isn't fun when I'm playing against people who probably have hundreds of hours over me.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
I started playing this game a couple of weeks ago or so, during the bloodpoints event. I've been playing both killer and survivor and having a fun time for the most part. I've gotta say though that the past week or so, I don't know what happened but whenever I play as killer I seem to get matched with rank 1-10 players almost exclusively while I'm only 16. The last several matches I've had I didn't even hook a single survivor, they, quite literally, run circles around me. It's kind of a bummer 'cause I was having fun when it felt like I was killing at least one survivor per match and even when I didn't get a kill I still felt like I was having fun. Is this always how it is when there isn't an event going on? If so I might just stick to playing survivor, it's a shame but killer isn't fun when I'm playing against people who probably have hundreds of hours over me.
In my experience it isn't always this bad. I notice depending on the time of day I play killer is a massive shift in the skill and ranks I match against.