• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I am however learning how to play Spirit now. Kinda wanted to mix things up a bit.
I love Spirit, she's easily my favourite killer to play now. Got her prestige 3 and the purple version of all the "meta" perks unlocked for her thanks to the anniversary event and the blood hunt.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for anything higher than yellow Monitor & Abuse appearing in Myers' blood web after 60+ levels.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love Spirit, she's easily my favourite killer to play now. Got her prestige 3 and the purple version of all the "meta" perks unlocked for her thanks to the anniversary event and the blood hunt.

I love the fake out you can do. I've actually been a bit stinky and pretended to teleport away from a hook only to hit the survivor I know is right next to me and waiting for me to leave. 😂

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just played against someone who knew I couldn't catch them, regardless of how much I tried to. I don't even know how they were doing it but clearly all that stuff about killers being faster than survivors is a load of rubbish because I could never gain ground on them.

Either way they kept trolling me. Refused to leave the match and everything. Absolutely fucking hate players like that. They completely kill any interest you have in playing and just make you so dang angry.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Just played against someone who knew I couldn't catch them, regardless of how much I tried to. I don't even know how they were doing it but clearly all that stuff about killers being faster than survivors is a load of rubbish because I could never gain ground on them.

Either way they kept trolling me. Refused to leave the match and everything. Absolutely fucking hate players like that. They completely kill any interest you have in playing and just make you so dang angry.

What killer were you playing? Not all killers are the same speed

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

If you could never gain ground on them they might have been running a speed hack

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Speaking of glitches, anyone seen people glitch outside of RPD and escape? As if that map wasn't horrible enough

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
If you could never gain ground on them they might have been running a speed hack

Haha, again right to the hack suspicions :D

Looping properly can keep you ahead especially against a newer player like Winny. You really need to hug the walls and never allow the chase to be broken to keep Bloodlust going.

It's not uncommon to keep a run going for several minutes. When you notice that, just abandon the chase and go find someone else. Leave the strongest player last.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Haha, again right to the hack suspicions :D

Looping properly can keep you ahead especially against a newer player like Winny. You really need to hug the walls and never allow the chase to be broken to keep Bloodlust going.

It's not uncommon to keep a run going for several minutes. When you notice that, just abandon the chase and go find someone else. Leave the strongest player last.
It's the "I could never catch up to the point that I don't believe killers are faster than survivors" that made me supiscious. And apparently there are more hackers than average out right now.

You are right if they are just a good looper they keep a new killer at bay for a long time. But if they leave a loop and your still not catching up enough to at least think you have a lunge try something is off.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Also. Just had a really great match with Freddy at Hawkins. 3k with the last getting the hatch. The survivors were great and kept me guessing the whole game, but the Meg through too many pallets which I then would replace.

If they weren't throwing pallets like that I'd probably have lost

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

I'm significantly worse at killer than survivor (typically rank one versus like high single digits (8-9) for killer if that means anything). If I get into a chase with someone stomping me that hard, I typically just drop them for other chases and avoid them until I've killed everyone else. I'd say half the time it leads to me getting that great survivor into a bad position so that I can kill them later.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I feel so bad. I picked the challenge to kill two survivors by any means and I thought it meant kill kill them so I used a Mori and, well, y'know... but apparently sacrifices would've been fine too.

😭

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I feel so bad. I picked the challenge to kill two survivors by any means and I thought it meant kill kill them so I used a Mori and, well, y'know... but apparently sacrifices would've been fine too.

😭

Accidentally murdered! I doubt that will hold up in court :D

Often it's worded in the dailies as kill by your hand. That requires a Mori or some kind of an ability to Mori people.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I did this for 3 separate tomes before somebody told me how it worked!
Yep I used to do this too until I realised. Dunno why they couldn't just say something like "sacrifice two survivors to the entity or kill them by your own hand" but given how vague or confusing some perk descriptions are it doesn't surprise me e.g. Pop Goes the Weasel.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
At the end of my bloodhunt I leave with only 1 killer without BBQ & Chili 3, my freddy. He currently has tier 2 so I'm not far off.

Also dbd leaks has been going off this AM.

Next release might be 2 paragraphs - individual survivor and individual killer. Nemesis is getting cosmetics and we're getting new cosmetics for Cheryl and Pyramid Head.

Here is praying the survivor paragraph is Scream!

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
At the end of my bloodhunt I leave with only 1 killer without BBQ & Chili 3, my freddy. He currently has tier 2 so I'm not far off.

Also dbd leaks has been going off this AM.

Next release might be 2 paragraphs - individual survivor and individual killer. Nemesis is getting cosmetics and we're getting new cosmetics for Cheryl and Pyramid Head.

Here is praying the survivor paragraph is Scream!
If the leaks are real I really hope we get a Mr. X or original Nemesis skin. Also I am curious what skin they would give Pyramid Head honestly, like maybe the Butcher skin?

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
If the leaks are real I really hope we get a Mr. X or original Nemesis skin. Also I am curious what skin they would give Pyramid Head honestly, like maybe the Butcher skin?

I think all the pyramid head skins have been unique to DBD so far, so it wouldn't be crazy for this to be the case for both.

I'd love a Tryant or Mr X skin though, but I'm down for anything for nemesis at this point.

All the resident evil characters need low res PS1 skins imo.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
So after meeting a few Tricksters (I would still call that guy Idol, would fit so much better) post patch I fell like 6 knife hits are too few.
But I agree that 8 are too many so I guess 7 from heaven would be the sweetspot?

Also I think Trappers addon of being able to carry 2 traps should be the default with addons increasing to 3-4. But he is my boy so I might be a bit biased here.
The real problem right now is 2 of add-ons reduce it to 4 knives if you aim for the feet.

youtu.be

BHVR made Trickster stronger than Nurse (they actually did)

Trickster's most recent buff made him the strongest killer in DBD. https://www.twitch.tv/CoconutRTS

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
All the resident evil characters need low res PS1 skins imo.

100% agree. Or atleast give Jill her RE1 outfit.. please BHVR :(

with their current project of making graphics even more realistic, i doubt they will add in joke costumes :D RE1 Remake Jill is something realistic to expect, also RE6 Leon and RE5 or RE8 Chris. Would also love RE5 and Revelations Jill.

...and Sheva should be an alternative Jill costume too like Claire!

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I see Otz is doing a streak with Nemesis but only has 3 perks. I've seen others do this with other killers and I don't get it. Surely even a niche perk is better than no perk?

Edit: nvm, I just remembered his 50 win rules.

Last edited:

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm super fresh to the game and I just started trying dailies. I found that I'm not TOO bad with Huntress and Doctor, but holy fuck do I stink on ice with Nurse. I cannot for the life of me get her teleport power down.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
So I'm super fresh to the game and I just started trying dailies. I found that I'm not TOO bad with Huntress and Doctor, but holy fuck do I stink on ice with Nurse. I cannot for the life of me get her teleport power down.

Nurse takes a lot of practice. Her blink charges at 1 meter per 0.1 seconds - full charge of 2 seconds for 20 meters. The increased range add-ons increase the amount of time you can charge your blink. Her second blink can allow you to go a second 12 meters with a window between blinks of 1.5 seconds, which means you can go up to 32 meters or within your terror radius by default.

Try to figure out the feel of how long you're charging and how far things are and it'll start to make sense. Best tip for chasing as nurse is to not guess. Guessing is how you get looped. You need to blink to survivors last known position if they're running around a wall, use your second blink to catch up so you can see which direction they took once you lost line of sight.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Eh while now would be a good time to play the Doctor. Thing I'm just going to have fun being Amanda in the Game.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I just used Counterforce for the first time ever and was lucky enough to be put against a rank 2 Clown (we were 8, 9, 8 and 11 so some great matchmaking there) using Devour Hope, Ruin and Undying lol. Two of those were gone within the first minute and the Ruin not long after. They ended up rage quitting soon after we got the last gen done.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I just used Counterforce for the first time ever and was lucky enough to be put against a rank 2 Clown (we were 8, 9, 8 and 11 so some great matchmaking there) using Devour Hope, Ruin and Undying lol. Two of those were gone within the first minute and the Ruin not long after. They ended up rage quitting soon after we got the last gen done.

I don't have the RE chapter, is counterforce better or worse than detective's hunch?

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I've never used that so I'm not sure. Counterforce specifically shows you hex totems as pink and dull ones as white though.

Oh ok, I don't remember DH doing that specifically

Hunch is great for teaching you totem spawn locations. And it shows all gens too when it pops so i think it's overall more useful.

With counterforce you're kinda, well, forced to do totem duty or it's kinda useless.
Yeah Hunch seems like a nice combo of Visionary and Counterforce... despite both coming later