• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I had two games today where the killers totally felt like bots (one a Trapper, the other a Clown). Always swinging and missing (I'm not even doing 360s) and they had the same, weird playstyle. And all the survivors easily escaped in both games. Do they have bots now in the regular game too or is this just the first time I noticed it?
They only have bots in the tutorial, but not in actual matches. Maybe those killers were either trying to meme, had rough games, or were really that bad lol.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Just started playing this game this weekend and am regretting not trying it sooner. Do the DLCs go on sale often or should I just pony up now?

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing this game this weekend and am regretting not trying it sooner. Do the DLCs go on sale often or should I just pony up now?
Often enough. Might've just missed the latest seeing as the Anniversary event is over, but generally they'll participate in the usual seasonal/holiday sales.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
What are the best perks nowadays? I've seen a lot of people using the perk that disables noise when you're hurt.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
What are the best perks nowadays? I've seen a lot of people using the perk that disables noise when you're hurt.
Borrowed Time
Iron Will
Dead Hard
Sprint Burst
Adrenaline
Spine Chill
Prove Thyself
Bond (if you're playing solo)
Kindred
Unbreakable

A selection of them is usually what I have in rotation.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trying out Unbreakable and Soul Guard together. Probably a terrible idea but if I can get myself off the floor I'll buy myself a little time to get away. 🤔

Aia

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think it's time we have confessions.. I'll start:

-There's a 75% chance I will DC if I go against Wraith.

-Sometimes if I'm being chase.. I like to steer them into my teammates to get a hit and cause chaos.. lol

The Dark Soul

Jan 2, 2020
México
I think it's time we have confessions.. I'll start:

-There's a 75% chance I will DC if I go against Wraith.

-Sometimes if I'm being chase.. I like to steer them into my teammates to get a hit and cause chaos.. lol
DONT DC, you just make it worse for the rest. Get Spine Chill, it'll go off every time the killer is looking at your direction, that includes Wraith even when he is invisible and killers without terror radius. It's live saving, specially playing solo. I never take it off.

Aia

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
DONT DC, you just make it worse for the rest. Get Spine Chill, it'll go off every time the killer is looking at your direction, that includes Wraith even when he is invisible and killers without terror radius. It's live saving, specially playing solo. I never take it off.
I know but don't like to use it.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Sometimes I'm so drunk while playing the game I literally forget what killer I am in the middle of the match.

I main Freddy.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I tried out the mobile version the other week and it's crazy the amount of stuff it has that the console/PC version should, but doesn't. Proper bot matches, better daily and weekly stuff etc.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Been playing lots of killer recently. Got back to red ranks pretty damn fast, my fun in yellow ranks was nice while it lasted!

I have a new goal where I try to get BBQ level 3 on every killer, I only have 4 left. Freddy has BBQ level 1 and my Hag, Trickster and Twins are missing the perk completely.

Because of this I've been playing Freddy and man he's so boring!!! Probably the most boring killer for me. My build has been a joke but I'm at six 4ks in a row right now with it. Don't ask how! My perks are Mindbreaker, Coup de Grace, Spies from the Shadow and Blood Warden.

Most games end with me trying to get value out of coup de grace but i end up just looping them well enough (or they loop me poorly enough) where I don't need to lunge the entire game. When it does work it does feel sooo good. I know everybody says Freddys lunge is bullshit so I'm just trying to get 1 twitch streamer to get pissed off at a super crazy coup de grace lunge.

Also looks like we got patch notes! Trickster slight nerf from PTB - Throw rate slightly reduced and max knives reduced as well.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Changes from PTB to Live:
  • Now starts with 44 knives (was 60)
  • Maximum knife rate of fire bonus after throwing 8 knives is 25% (was 33%)
  • Trick Pouch: Adds 4 knives to inventory (was 10)
  • Bloody Boa: Adds 8 knives to inventory (was 15)
  • Knife hit indicators reduced in size.
Not too bad. Still won't make him any less frustrating to go against.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
haha, i´ll be lucky to even injure one survivor with 44 knives... He will definitely be a high skill ceiling killer

Yeah, that's been my personal cope. He does require skill, so I'll be able to fuck on console tricksters still. I just know that against a decent trickster even it'll be pretty opressive.

Guess we'll have to see how it goes when live. Gonna do some trickster games tonight since I still need BBQ on him.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's been my personal cope. He does require skill, so I'll be able to fuck on console tricksters still. I just know that against a decent trickster even it'll be pretty opressive.

Guess we'll have to see how it goes when live. Gonna do some trickster games tonight since I still need BBQ on him.

yeah i´m sure it´ll be a hot topic for a few weeks now to see if it needs more adjustment or not. I do not envy Behaviour as balancing these kinds of things to be A) effective B) not too effective C) fun is really difficult :D

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I prestige my Spirit for the third time and got her up to level 50 again and ZERO gen regression perks showed up in all the bloodwebs. Ridiculous.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I could Prestige Plague right now but I don't want to loose my perks, especially since I don't use her default skin anyways usually wear Maiden Guard.

Edit - I lied. I used to wear madien guard but have switched to Seahorse worshipper with Crown of Torrment.

Last edited:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Tome cosmetics got leaked.

dead-by-daylight-cosmetics-leaked-leaksbydaylight-dbd.jpg

dead-by-daylight-cosmetics-leaked-leaksbydaylight-dbd-premium-pass-tome-viii.jpg

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Yup yup, still takes me pretty much all 40 knives to even injure anyone with Trickster :D i get that theoretically you can down like the whole team if you hit the knives... But against any competent teams they just swerve and dodge them all around obstacles wasting a lot of my time. I also seem to always chase people to places with zero lockers to reload :E

Basement Trickster might be a viable loadout unfortunately.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Heads up for everybody. Supposedly Prove Thyself is bugged and currently stacks which is kind of cray.

2 survivors with toolboxes could crank out a gen from 0 to full in 30 seconds if true.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Default speed on 2 gens is 47 seconds. With prove thyself it's 40.92 seconds. With Prove Thyself stacking it's 36.2 seconds.

With 4 people it actually looks like it might be less than 10 seconds only with 2 people running it. Might have to do some testing.
Crazy. Yeah, I kinda want to do some testing too. Curious what 3 people would be like since that's more realistic in game than 4 imo.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Now it all makes sense yesterday gens would finish in like 20 seconds without toolboxes and before i could even make it to that side of the map.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I fuckin hate playing trickster. Even after his buff, his knives feel like shit.

He may be technically good in a 1v1 chase, but even when it goes perfect it's just kinda lame.

Character design and music are A+ though. I really wanted to like him but nah. Sticking to Nemesis lol

Edit: Just for reference my games as him have all been stomps but that was off of my game sense more than tricksters power

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
People aren't kidding once you get to yellow as Killer it's non stop swf party.
For me I'd say yellow it's fine. It's when you get to green things become a shitshow. It's like clockwork the second you pip up to 12 and the games immediately become meta-perk sweatfests.

Got 1million BP quickly this evening thanks to BBQ & Chilli and a bunch of anniversary cakes (still have about 30-odd on Myers) so I pumped a lot of that into Spirit and finally unlocked BBQ on her. Might concentrate on Deathslinger next , I bought him during the anniversary event and he seems pretty fun from what I've played so far. I've still got enough shards for 2 killers but I think I have all the ones I want.