• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any benefit to prestiging?

I did meg 3-4 times to get the trophy back in the day, but does it actually help at all with blood Web?

just to get you the prestige cosmetics and it gives you higher quality items in the bloodweb. It´s mainly a small bonus thing and best to do right away if you find a "main" character so you don´t need to do it later. It will delete all items, so it´s best to do 3 cheap prestiges and then start properly leveling up :D

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
just to get you the prestige cosmetics and it gives you higher quality items in the bloodweb. It´s mainly a small bonus thing and best to do right away if you find a "main" character so you don´t need to do it later. It will delete all items, so it´s best to do 3 cheap prestiges and then start properly leveling up :D
That's what I did when I got the game years ago. But thought maybe they improved it since because it hardly seems worth the investment for only minor cosmetics (blood soaked clothing)

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
That's what I did when I got the game years ago. But thought maybe they improved it since because it hardly seems worth the investment for only minor cosmetics (blood soaked clothing)

yeah, that´s still it. Some of them work nicely with other cosmetic pieces and can give a little camouflage value :D i do think they could give out more cosmetics for it, but at least it doesn´t give competetive advantage so it´s kinda whatever.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
  • Demogorgon add-on "Lifeguard Whistle" now reduces detection range from the portal by 1 meter.
  • Demogorgon add-on "Barb's Glasses" bonus reduced to 15% (from 20%).
  • Demogorgon add-on "Black Heart" bonus reduced to 15% (from 20%).
  • Demogorgon add-on "Vermillion Webcap" bonus undetectable duration increased to 3 seconds (from 1 second).
  • Demogorgon add-on "Rat Tail" bonus increased to 35% (from 25%).
  • The perk "Franklin's Demise" will no longer destroy items. Instead, it will drain charge from items over time and leave them empty.
  • Increased the duration of the perk "Lucky Break" to 40/50/60 seconds (up from 35/40/45).
  • Readjusted maximum turn rate per frame during Blight's rush at large look angles.
These demo nerfs are some bullshit. Why nerf him after making him so much better to play?

Also the Franklin's nerf makes it useless against keys. Great.

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So the legendary skins are gonna be STARS Chris and Claire! LeaksDbD posted a pic of them.

so gooooooooood! Chris looks really decent despite the potato quality of the pic.

Good idea! OP updated too :D

Thank you again for continuously updating the OP images. ^^

I'll be putting this thread back on the regular side for a bit when the Re content comes out as I figure that'll bring in more than a few new people.

That's a great idea. :)

Oct 25, 2017
E37zrgAUYAIWQbk

guess it's time I finally get around to this game

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Nemesis's power is definitely on the weaker side imo. Takes 3 hits with the tentacle to fully down an uninfected survivor and the zombies are too RNG for consistency.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Bought the DLC on PS5 and despite the reddit being full of people having problems with the new map like on PS4 or Xbox and not being able to buy the characters on Xbox, everything is perfect on PS5.

Can't believe how good the map looks. As a fan of graphic clarity I legit think in a lot of places the map actually looks better as in the Remake (don't @ me xD) both characters also look phenomenal like a straight asset copy, really impressed.

Just Claire looks broken and seems to have a bugged face just like Jonathan had before.

hjcjjzx49g571.jpg

And Jill's hair on the second costume doesn't seem to have any difference? Why would I buy the package then?

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I noticed the Switch version of Dead by Deadlight is $14.99.
How is Switch performance nowadays? I read the Nintendo Life review from 2019, and the reviewer reported glitchy menus and ugly visuals, among other issues. Has it improved since launch?

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Just sweaty af survivors when playing Nemesis.. how fun just playing boring sweaty rushers when playing a new killer on release...

And people wonder why queue times are long as survivor, maybe because no one wants to play you. Killer mains are tired of sweaty rush games.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Why on earth is the PS5 update 30GB? Was hoping to play with my friends on PC who only had to download a 3GB update but that's not happening tonight.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Nemesis feels kinda weak... ngl. His tentacle needs to be able to hit over things or its kinda useless. Not being able to hit over a fence on haddonfield is just silly as fuck. Especially when it's not really a strong power like slingers spear. The hit box and range is very small too.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Nemesis feels kinda weak... ngl. His tentacle needs to be able to hit over things or its kinda useless. Not being able to hit over a fence on haddonfield is just silly as fuck. Especially when it's not really a strong power like slingers spear. The hit box and range is very small too.

Too early to tell, but he is already pretty damn powerful in certain scenarios, as all windows and pallets are dangerous against him like with Pyramid Head.
But the whip comes out pretty damn fast and destroys pallets when powered up as well.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
You're not supposed to be able to buy that hair separately, it's part of a linked set of her RE3 classic outfit.

But you still, literally, pay for it since the value of the cosmetic package is split in 3 and the head is counted in as a package. You can also just buy the top and shorts and save money. It's scam. You literally have 2 headpieces in your inventory which are exactly the same.

Leon's as example is different.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Too early to tell, but he is already pretty damn powerful in certain scenarios, as all windows and pallets are dangerous against him like with Pyramid Head.
But the whip comes out pretty damn fast and destroys pallets when powered up as well.

Plus the infection which let's you cough even with the new Leon perk and of course the zombies, which can be f'n annoying and ruin your round as survivor.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg

Every single survivor i have played so far already knows how to play against him when it comes to tactics, loops and jukes. Very fun

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Every single survivor i have played so far already knows how to play against him when it comes to tactics, loops and jukes. Very fun

Don´t know what to tell ya. I´m still learning and have taken several hits in windows as the Nemesis has pre-charged the tentacle attack just before :D
Zombies have also destroyed my team entirely at least twice.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Don´t know what to tell ya. I´m still learning and have taken several hits in windows as the Nemesis has pre-charged the tentacle attack just before :D
Zombies have also destroyed my team entirely at least twice.

Well it doesn't help i match only against like i say sweaty survivors who knows how to play against Nemesis already, knowing how and when to juke the tentacle attack and don't get hit or cornered every by zombies. He is weak against good survivors and i seeminly only match against good survivors now.

Every single survivor i've played all evening have been with skins etc. And ranks above me.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm pretty bummed at the Franklin's demise nerf. That was the one way to destroy keys and demoralize them and now that it doesn't do anything to keys the point of ever running it is zero. Lobby dodge the game when I see a key now.

Lucky break i don't mind, 60 seconds is a long time, but whatever. Keys are my biggest complaint.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Ok so I noticed the killers/survivors are half price IN-game, but none of the DLC is on sale on the PlayStation store.

No difference right?
I should just buy the auric cells?
Nothing to wait for?

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Ok so it's cheaper to buy the resident evil pack from the PlayStation store instead of getting each character individually with auric cells.

But everyone else is cheaper with auric cells