• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Not sure if a bug.

So I won last survivor just now, the scoreboard shows me as rank 1 but I'm actually rank 2 ( 1 point away from rank 1)

20210610-001706.jpg

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if a bug.

So I won last survivor just now, the scoreboard shows me as rank 1 but I'm actually rank 2 ( 1 point away from rank 1)

20210610-001706.jpg
It always does this to me when I'm 1 pip away from ranking up.

Just seen on Twitter they've enabled skill-based matchmaking for a few days again.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really trying to get into this ahead of the Resident Evil stuff, but I can't seem to get anywhere in any of these games. Generators can be so difficult to find, half the time the randoms don't bother trying to help anyone, I can't bring any loadout with me because you lose it if you die (and I always die) and staying hidden seems to be impossible because the killer always finds you.

Did I just get into this too late? Or is playing solo queue just a waste of time? Asking me after every match if I enjoyed losing seems to be a bit unkind, too.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really trying to get into this ahead of the Resident Evil stuff, but I can't seem to get anywhere in any of these games. Generators can be so difficult to find, half the time the randoms don't bother trying to help anyone, I can't bring any loadout with me because you lose it if you die (and I always die) and staying hidden seems to be impossible because the killer always finds you.

Did I just get into this too late? Or is playing solo queue just a waste of time? Asking me after every match if I enjoyed losing seems to be a bit unkind, too.

Shouldn't be late as such. There's a newbie matchmaking pool in ranks 20-15. Then you'll get better teammates (and harder killers)

Tips to find generators is to look up, they have an antenna with blinking lights if it's not repaired. On indoor maps the whole room has blinking lights to help you find them.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't be late as such. There's a newbie matchmaking pool in ranks 20-15. Then you'll get better teammates (and harder killers)

Tips to find generators is to look up, they have an antenna with blinking lights if it's not repaired. On indoor maps the whole room has blinking lights to help you find them.

It doesn't feel like much of a newbie matchmaking pool. I even got a message from someone apologising to me because the matchmaking was so bad that I didn't stand a chance. 🤣

I tried some matches as the killer and went with the chainsaw guy and it was a little more successful. I never got all four but I could get one or two kills per match, which is good enough all things considered.

Clearly this game requires way more teamwork than Resistance and I'm not sure randoms are cutting it. They know what they need to do but they don't seem to care about unhooking or healing other people.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't feel like much of a newbie matchmaking pool. I even got a message from someone apologising to me because the matchmaking was so bad that I didn't stand a chance. 🤣

I tried some matches as the killer and went with the chainsaw guy and it was a little more successful. I never got all four but I could get one or two kills per match, which is good enough all things considered.

Clearly this game requires way more teamwork than Resistance and I'm not sure randoms are cutting it. They know what they need to do but they don't seem to care about unhooking or healing other people.

Ah, well right now they're testing skillbased matchmaking and the newbie pool is probably disabled for the testing period as well :D and as you probably don't have a lot of games in yet it doesn't know where to put you.

And yeah two kills as the killer is considered a draw so it's already good :) playing killer is learning where to go and how to use your time efficiently. Chainsaw killers are great to start with as they have the instadown chainsaw attacks, just gotta learn how they behave and land the hits reliably :)

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Man match making in solo queue is borked as hell.

As Killer all I've done tonight is fight purple and red ranks as a rank 17.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Should sticky the announcement that hidden skillbased matchmaking is now in as a test :D

Don't look at the ranks! It's not broken.
Yeah I know what they are doing but since I lost one game in less than 10 minutes, I'm guessing it it isn't going well.

I went from getting 2ks on the regular to not getting a single hook the entire game.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Two games in a row I've gone up against the same tunneling POS Legion.

By far my least liked killer to play against.

Edit: don't know if it's somehow related to the matchmaking they're testing, but the third game was utter shit. I survived barely but the clown was just camping hooks.

Last edited:

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
Played a few games last night (my first since MMR was enabled) and it was your normal red tank matches. Tonight was an absolute nightmare though. No one doing gens, unhooks, being able to run the killer for more than twenty seconds etc. Almost all of those survivors were rank 2 though. It's like it took the one crouch walking around the edge of the map red rank you see in a normal game and filled my team with them for 15 games straight. I've seen killer mains saying they more consistently match up with good players under this system but as a survivor it's been the complete opposite.

Also, and I apologize for continuing the negative tone, the survivor reworks are awful. I feel like the odd man out here with the praise they've been getting from the rest of the community. Feng is fine but the rest look like they've had all the personality sucked out of them. They look soulless. Look at that Ace rework side by side. One looks like a deliberately designed character and one looks like a random NPC. Luckily I main Jeff with corpsepaint so if they fuck up his rework it shouldn't affect me much.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Playing as killer with MMR on - absolute shite, sweaty red ranks every game as a level 12/13
Playing as survivor with MMR on - probably the best solo queue experiences I've had. Grouped with fucking ninjas.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
I guess MMR test is over. Tried a game with nurse just recently and i should have terrible MMR on nurse but i got a sweaty team. My win ratio with nurse is absolute shit and not touched nurse in months.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Trying to introduce friends to the game, we got a group of 4... I mean we only need to be paired with a killer to start, yet the matchmaking last night was taking us almost 10 minutes to get into a match. WTF is going on. Even if they like the game they are all put off by the long ass waits in the lobby

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Having a lot of really good matches tonight. Competitive and fun.

Who else is looking forward to the newbie arrivals when Resident Evil drops?

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
This game is becoming borderline unplayable the past day or so.

This lag when being chased by killer is insane.

Can't tell when to dodge coz they appear in a different spot!

No lag when going around the map or doing skill checks.

Only when being chased, when unhooking and initiating a gen repair.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Started playing as Nurse and its actually quite fun. Not as bad as I was expecting.

I don't like much playing Spirit or Nurse since unless you main those killers every survivor knows how to juke the phasing or blinks.

So rank reset today, haven't played much outside of grinding BP with different killers during the mmr. Games after the mmr test have just been the typical matches against really sweaty survivors again. Just soo boring having to sweat hard to get a few downs or like 1-2 kills. It's like i just want to afk or quit when i face those players.. got no energy to play em.

Had much more fun playing like Pyramid head and such that i had terrible mmr on during the test and just dick around some against baby survivors on killers i am not very good / shit at.

LVFJKby.jpg

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Yea I don't get it, my friends are all bailing on this game cause we just can't even enjoy it. The matchmaking is ridiculous, how does a full group of 4 have to wait 10-12 min in a lobby to get a match? We just sit there waiting, waiting, waiting. We got a full party, so just give us a killer. They are all new so they are low level/rank, and of course we just get put into match with high ranked killers after a 10+ min wait who quickly demolishes the team who are new? Waits plus loading much longer than actually getting to play a game so they are all dipping.

Yet if I solo queue I get in a match in like under 1 min.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Yea I don't get it, my friends are all bailing on this game cause we just can't even enjoy it. The matchmaking is ridiculous, how does a full group of 4 have to wait 10-12 min in a lobby to get a match? We just sit there waiting, waiting, waiting. We got a full party, so just give us a killer. They are all new so they are low level/rank, and of course we just get put into match with high ranked killers after a 10+ min wait who quickly demolishes the team who are new? Waits plus loading much longer than actually getting to play a game so they are all dipping.

My guess lots of killers have dropped of the game since so many games are just boring and sweaty to play. Hence much longer queues for survivors.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017

My guess lots of killers have dropped of the game since so many games are just boring and sweaty to play. Hence much longer queues for survivors.

It's pretty random. And has something to do with servers and timezones.

In my 4 player squad, im on the east coast and if i host the game we find matches in about a minute.

If any of the 3 others host from Europe, we also have about 10 minute matchmaking times.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Basic rule is during the day playing Killer takes for ever, play at night playing as survivor takes forever.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil tomorrow!

I look forward to seeing nothing but Clowns on Coldwind Farm!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'll be putting this thread back on the regular side for a bit when the Re content comes out as I figure that'll bring in more than a few new people.

----

As for sale talk, I hope they put the content at 50% off again. Was mad as hell when the last sale was only 40% off on PSN.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Probably a good idea. I am so looking forward to tomorrow. I couldn't take the day off but I took Wednesday off and will be enjoying watch people learning the game.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'll be putting this thread back on the regular side for a bit when the Re content comes out as I figure that'll bring in more than a few new people.

----

As for sale talk, I hope they put the content at 50% off again. Was mad as hell when the last sale was only 40% off on PSN.
Yeh that's a good idea.

Still won't fix queue times though xD

I reckon it'll be 50% off everything except the RE content of course.

I might buy everything lol