• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
I've been playing Hag recently and really enjoying it. Feels like one of the easier killers to play. I try to do the aggressive hag thing with traps at windows and pallets to chase people into it and it's pretty effective.

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
In regards to the recent drama I just think they should make the game a 2v8. That way the killer can bring a mate and I doubt theres many players who have 7 other friends to play survivor with so 2-4 man swfs stop being an issue as they still have half the team not cordinated.

I'm only being a little serious... but a mode where there is 2 killers could be fun.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The drama against SWF is stupid. They really want to remove the ability of people to enjoy the game with friends? Fuck off, that's a sure fire way to kill of the game.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The drama against SWF is stupid. They really want to remove the ability of people to enjoy the game with friends? Fuck off, that's a sure fire way to kill of the game.
I don't think anyone is up in arms about SWF nor actively campaigning against it. It's just spitballing ideas about balancing the game better on the SWF end. An idea growing in popularity is buffing solo queue to close the gap between solo and SWF, and that's with a pinging system similar to Identity V's. Hexy's been talking about it for a while and Dowsey made a really nice recent video about it. That is to say, you can say little text blurbs like "Focus on gens!" "I'm going for save!" "Save me!" etc.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
I feel it's definitely easier to design the game with the assumption that people will use outside communication and have that communication in-game as well. Buff solo comms, and then also buff killers to be able to deal with that better.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not bothered about balancing the game for SWF groups, not every group is an elite pro tournament squad like some people think. I'd just like the lobby to show whether people are playing together or not.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
They probably should have split up ranked and non ranked queues, allow no communication on ranked play. That's probably an issue with matchmaking and wait times though. But really buffing the killer side more a little bit to make up for it is fine.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't know there was outrage over this. I started playing a lot of this game, and even got a friend to join me which is rare we play the same game. Would be a bummer if they actually did that. He said he would stop playing the game completely if they did anything like removing groups

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They won't remove SWF. Trying to do some kind of ranked/unranked distinction will just fracture the playerbase in a game that already has queue time issues for some players.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not bothered about balancing the game for SWF groups, not every group is an elite pro tournament squad like some people think. I'd just like the lobby to show whether people are playing together or not.

Yeah, a team of bad players won't get any benefit from comms. And 4 solos that are experts don't need comms anyways.

I would give the game a pinging system though as that would be beneficial to everyone. Killers are fine as it is. I think possible ragequits in the lobby if you see a team would be a small minority.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I wish the DBD Battlepass was more straight forward like Fortnite. Feel like it would be better if you could just do all the quests without having to actually "pick" them and keep going back and forth.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the DBD Battlepass was more straight forward like Fortnite. Feel like it would be better if you could just do all the quests without having to actually "pick" them and keep going back and forth.
This and not having to change between killer and survivor challenges depending on what you're playing as would be great.

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Ditto. DBD format put me off ever buying the battle pass and I was really hyped when it originally leaked coz of how fortnites worked.

dlauv

Oct 27, 2017
This would be so nice. I had to give up DBD BP because it was too grindy and time consuming.

Exactly. There are different strategies to use against swf and non-swf.

Killers would ditch lobbies constantly, leading to longer queue times.

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
This would be so nice. I had to give up DBD BP because it was too grindy and time consuming.

Killers would ditch lobbies constantly, leading to longer queue times.

I honestly don't know if it would be as frequent as others think. I know I wouldn't. But the thing is when playing a swf as a Killer it's a whole new strategy set.

Solo queue can be pretty chill for a Killer. Swf requires you to get your head in the game

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah it's kinda dumb that you also have to have the challenges selected before you get in a match, so if you have the wrong killer/survivor challenge selected for the role you're playing, you have to actually leave match and requeue.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Same. Also the rewards are so miniscule compared to the effort required. Feels like the monetization team puts 10% of the effort into the battlepass skins and the other 90% into the skin shop.

Fortnite remains the gold standard for battlepasses.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
"Obtain 100,000 Bloodpoints"

Reward is 30,000 Bloodpoints. That never fails to annoy me.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Also they're putting old rift skins onto the skin shop.

Literally what's the point of the battlepass? Just wait a few months and you can buy one of the skins you like for $10 while saving yourself a ton of grinding.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
I think you can't get charms that way though?

The grind so far doesn't seem too bad for me.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Also they're putting old rift skins onto the skin shop.

Literally what's the point of the battlepass? Just wait a few months and you can buy one of the skins you like for $10 while saving yourself a ton of grinding.

it´s just something to do while playing, get some charms and costume parts. I think it could use with a lot more incentives but i think it´s aimed more for veteran players as it´s just more goals to go for when everything you need is already unlocked.

and half the costumes are free with just playing, saving you 10$.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Is the "Spirit debate" actually a thing in the grand scheme of things or is it just a bunch of influencers complaining?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Is the "Spirit debate" actually a thing in the grand scheme of things or is it just a bunch of influencers complaining?
It all started with Scott Jund I believe doing a challenge that had a survivor try to outplay a Spirit. Then Truetalent complained about why everyone is focusing on Spirit when SWF exists which started the whole SWF debate too.

Otz has actually been talking about the problems with Spirit for some time.

dlauv

Oct 27, 2017
Tru3's been talking about Spirit having counterplay for years. The Jund drama just put a highlight on it, I guess. The conceit is why debuff Spirit and other killers and not address SWF? And if SWF is OP and has to be put up with, then why can't survivors put up with Spirit? Which leads to multiple arguments happening at the same time and everyone talking over one another. Everyone seems to agree Spirit could use adjustments, but naturally no one agrees on what or to what extent specifically, so things have seemed to narrow down to "does Spirit have counterplay?" The answers range from no, yes, yes albeit too costly, to sometimes.

Last edited:

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
So basically like every DbD argument it's "I lost so it's OP"

and i also believe this all comes from Tofu´s point, that matchmaking is not accurate enough. It´s so easy to hit red ranks, that you still get total potatoes and MLG esport lords in the same pool :D they should add more colors, platinum, diamond etc. tiering to help with this. Then people would truly see if SWF is OP or not.

Another issue of course is that the streamers only bring in the pro-gamer (mostly) tryhard aspect. No one is asking the new players how their experience with the game might be :P

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
So in order to level up the battle pass, you HAVE to do all the challenges? Because there are some challenges that require dlc characters that I dont have. But maybe they assume people who care enough to buy the battle pass already have all the characters lol

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
So in order to level up the battle pass, you HAVE to do all the challenges? Because there are some challenges that require dlc characters that I dont have. But maybe they assume people who care enough to buy the battle pass already have all the characters lol
The tome has multiple paths to the next level you can usually skip several challenges to get to the next level.

Also every match you gain tome XP that gives you things as well.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
In regards to the recent drama I just think they should make the game a 2v8. That way the killer can bring a mate and I doubt theres many players who have 7 other friends to play survivor with so 2-4 man swfs stop being an issue as they still have half the team not cordinated.

I'm only being a little serious... but a mode where there is 2 killers could be fun.

This game needs more experimental game modes in the first place. Like, this is not an esport title, go wild with it. 2vs8, gens taking longer, wiggling being faster, fixed perk sets for every week, something to dynamically change on weekly basis. Could be super fun.
Too bad they're removing the "dynamic" factor more and more from the game. I actually loved it when you could darken each map more and more with offerings or taking whole hooks away. You could do much stuff with offerings alone, like introducing super rare ones that gives survivors 1 more gen on the map so it's actually 4 gens to choose from when there's only 1 left to do. Stuff like that.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I really must have pissed this Billy off.
He just kept chasing me for 3 minutes once the last genrator was done, from one end of the map to the other 😆

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Yeah this whole Twitter drama has been a complete fucking mess. I've said my piece and as much as I dislike tru3, he didn't deserve to get removed from the fog whisperer program even if he has an extreme ego and is very arrogant.

Honestly very embarrassing on all accounts.