• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
They said 4 more killers coming up? Maybe Candyman for the upcoming movie? eh eh?

They said they want 2 licensed and 2 original per year. He was rumored to be the DLC last December but it was the Twins instead.

Wonder if that's why the twins were so messed up at launch.

Candyman is my most wanted horror icon now. Moreso than Jason even, especially since trapper is just knock off Jason.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
A doppleganger killer could be interesting.
Looks like one of the 4 survivors, something like Red/Adelaide from Us, or maybe like The Thing.

Sadako/Ring

Sadako.jpg

Slender Man
slenderman_1125272.jpeg

Could go more old school with Frankenstein Monster

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
A doppleganger killer could be interesting.
Looks like one of the 4 survivors, something like Red/Adelaide from Us, or maybe like The Thing.

Sadako/Ring

Sadako.jpg

Slender Man
slenderman_1125272.jpeg

Could go more old school with Frankenstein Monster

Devs have talked about this and said that it won't happen.

The biggest issue being voice comms ruining any surprise. Looks like this might have been legions design at one point too, you can see how he's tricking david in the original reveal trailer. That and their inspiration from Scream's Ghostface (multiple people as same killer, teenagers, was a part of the group that they blended in with and the masks). I thought Ghostface would be doppelganger as well until they revealed him as a stealth killer via terror radius. They also got the rights to make their own ghostface backstory since it's not Scream licensed, which allowed them some creativity in design.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Devs have talked about this and said that it won't happen.

The biggest issue being voice comms ruining any surprise. Looks like this might have been legions design at one point too, you can see how he's tricking david in the original reveal trailer. That and their inspiration from Scream's Ghostface (multiple people as same killer, teenagers, was a part of the group that they blended in with and the masks). I thought Ghostface would be doppelganger as well until they revealed him as a stealth killer via terror radius. They also got the rights to make their own ghostface backstory since it's not Scream licensed, which allowed them some creativity in design.
You know with them adding Zombies to Nemesis. I wonder if something similar couldn't be used for Legion in order to make good on the promise of multiple killers.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
You know with them adding Zombies to Nemesis. I wonder if something similar couldn't be used for Legion in order to make good on the promise of multiple killers.

Well we do have the twins right now so we have at least a tag team, but the AI definitely opens the door to a ton of new opportunities. Excited to see what they come up with.

I also wouldn't turn down a 2nd legion rework. They're definitely one of the worst killers since their power has always been just off.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Probably in the next update, but legendary survivor skins will now show the legendary skins icon and name in game and in lobby.

Also if you didn't know Steve is getting a Jonathan skin. This is also probably setting up for more RE skins.

IMG_20210527_043541.jpg

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
My dream licensed killer would be Chucky. Could you imagine that little shit chasing you??

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Pride Plans

Content and Characters

Bringing inclusivity and representation to life in a meaningful way within Dead by Daylight's storytelling continues to be a focus for us – and one that's progressing. While we know many of you are eagerly anticipating this content (as are we!) it's vital to us that we not only deliver it – but more importantly, do it justice.

Our goal is to take the necessary time to ensure we get this right, creating the kinds of stories and characters devoid of negative tropes that our community deserves, versus simply checking a box. To help us achieve this, we're proud to announce our collaboration with external partners Brian Kunde and Katie Kaitchuck at GaymerX who are supporting us with best practices for integrating LGBTQIA2+ themes into established games. This will continue with specific consultations around in-game content and how we can approach these stories without falling into harmful representation.

We're looking forward to the end result, and we thank our players for their patience as the pieces continue to come together. In the meantime, we've got some great things on deck for the month of June that we hope you'll join us for!

Sounds like they are going to create some LGBT+ characters next....? Or adding queer backstory to already released characters. Whilst vetting it with LGBT+ individuals. Exciting stuff!

Also a pride charm is being released, think this leaked a while back:
rainbow-flag-charm.jpg

A pride livestream, fundraiser, charity donation....

and finally a pride event in the Mobile version for double bp, sadly no main version event :(

I'm more interested in him putting me on the hook 🤣

he just yeets you from the ground

or the hooks become small hooks for him lmao

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Had so much fun recently just messing about as Ghostface and helping people get the gnome charm.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Probably in the next update, but legendary survivor skins will now show the legendary skins icon and name in game and in lobby.

Also if you didn't know Steve is getting a Jonathan skin. This is also probably setting up for more RE skins.

IMG_20210527_043541.jpg

Should just go all out and make it dynamic. A blonde Nea is quite different from a neon pink one :D

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hey folks, just letting everyone know the OP was updated thanks to Noisepurge kindly providing updated graphics for the title, characters and killers. Sorry I've slacked so bad on it, it was a pain to do graphic editing on my laptop as it's now slow as heck and I put it off for....... a couple of years. 😅

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I had some time on my hands and saw something I could help with :) no problemo! Otherwise the OP is still accurate :D

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
100% betting on Candyman being next. It just works too perfectly with the movie coming out this summer.

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I wonder how many new players we'll get with the Resi pack. Once the threads out for its release we should link back here for newcomers too :)

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Dang daily rituals. I need the blood points but I've never played Hillbilly or the Twins even once.

Come give me a Gunslinger and Pig ritual instead.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Scott Jund did some testing and found the Nemesis's tentacle range is 5 meters and only goes up by 1 meter in mutation tier 3.

So much for the "massive" range increase that every content creator said at first.

Also breaking pallets with the tentacle takes 2.5s, which isn't much faster than just breaking it normally.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
The only impressive thing about the tentacle I've seen is that it gets over map junk in some places which can end a short loop quickly.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Scott Jund did some testing and found the Nemesis's tentacle range is 5 meters and only goes up by 1 meter in mutation tier 3.

So much for the "massive" range increase that every content creator said at first.

Also breaking pallets with the tentacle takes 2.5s, which isn't much faster than just breaking it normally.

Yeah, visually it just appears like the range is doubled or something :D

The tentacle break has a few benefits though, hitting survivors behind the pallet and nemesis being able to move while doing so.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

2.5 seconds but you're not animation locked like every other killer, so you can track survivors after pallet break, and make a little distance since you can still walk.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Hey guys. I haven't played since the week The Deathslinger was in the PTS and I stopped because the Battle Pass completely burned me out.
Now I want to come back (Thank's RE), what are the biggest changes or additions to the game that I missed since then?

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Hey guys. I haven't played since the week The Deathslinger was in the PTS and I stopped because the Battle Pass completely burned me out.
Now I want to come back (Thank's RE), what are the biggest changes or additions to the game that I missed since then?

DS now deactivates if you do an objective - heal, do gens, unhook, open gate. Doesnt deactivate on getting healed though or hopping in lockers

Object of Obesession has been reworked, it's got more utility but isn't as strong as it used to be.

Hex Undying is a really good perk that's pretty meta now. It basically replaces whichever hex totem gets cleansed first so you can get 2 ruins. Comes with the blight.

Wraith is legit good now, they keep buffing him.

Borrowed Time now always procs, no terror radius requirement.

Moris now take 2 hooks before you can use em.

A lot of the maps have been remade. Ormond is actually a decent map now. They somehow buffed the game to have even more safe pallets.

We're Gonna Live Forever now doubles healing speed for people on the ground and is a sick perk.

Probably a bunch more, that's some stuff off the top of my head. DS change has made killer so much better omg.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
DS now deactivates if you do an objective - heal, do gens, unhook, open gate. Doesnt deactivate on getting healed though or hopping in lockers

Object of Obesession has been reworked, it's got more utility but isn't as strong as it used to be.

Hex Undying is a really good perk that's pretty meta now. It basically replaces whichever hex totem gets cleansed first so you can get 2 ruins. Comes with the blight.

Wraith is legit good now, they keep buffing him.

Borrowed Time now always procs, no terror radius requirement.

Moris now take 2 hooks before you can use em.

A lot of the maps have been remade. Ormond is actually a decent map now. They somehow buffed the game to have even more safe pallets.

We're Gonna Live Forever now doubles healing speed for people on the ground and is a sick perk.

Probably a bunch more, that's some stuff off the top of my head. DS change has made killer so much better omg.

Thank you, so nothing too earth shattering then when it comes to the base structure or progression or functions? Like when they introduced the new end game or the breakable walls that I barely missed?

Played two rounds now, felt exactly the same so far. 😅 Still have to read about all the new skills and skill changes in detail.

By the way, since I need to buy all DLCs that I missed (I owned them all up to Deathslinger, played pretty hardcore for 2 years), do we expect them to go on sale in the next few weeks since it's anniversary? 🤔

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Thank you, so nothing too earth shattering then on the base structure or progression or functions? Like when they introduced the new end game or the breakable walls that I barely missed?

Played two rounds now, felt exactly the same so far. 😅 Still have to read about all the new skills and skill changes in detail.

By the way, since I need to buy all DLCs that I missed (I owned them all up to Deathslinger, played pretty hardcore for 2 years), do we expect them to go on sale in the next few weeks since it's anniversary? 🤔

They'll definitely be on sale for the steam sale or the actual anniversary

Though if you're on steam then www.cdkeys.com usually has them cheap all year round.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I did it. My wraith has every single perk, all 81, at tier 3. Last time I did this was Spirit back when she came out. Back then there was a little bit more than 4 pages of perks. Now we're almost halfway through the 6th page.

unknown.png

Also if you anybody ever wants to play my behavior thing is

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I absolutely fucking hated the plague challenge where you must hit two survivors at once twice in a match with Vile Purge. It took me about 4 matches to get it done trying to farm it with survivors who were clueless of what I was trying to do. Can't even imagine doing it legitimately without camping the hook.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
This pretty much confirms a Chris Redfield skin. Leon is getting a legendary skin that when worn causes Nemesis to use the same Mori as Jill where he screams STARS. The only person who fits that bill is Chris. It's also not a big leap to assume the other skin is Claire if is also voiced. I wonder how long until we get Ada?

Also you can bet your ass I'm gonna run pebble on Chris lol

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense to do a lot of RE characters as skins. No need to add any perks and they get to milk the fans for more money :P

The character portrait change will help with that nicely ingame tho. And if they have unique voices that's a great small bonus.

(i know i will also buy them)

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Getting facecamped by a killer you looped the whole game is an honor. I take those facecamps with pride. Killer got me with NOED at the end of the game for my first hook and then spam hit me on the hook. I knew I did a good job that match.

PS1-style skins would be pretty funny.

That's one of my biggest requests actually. They already have the skins in the remake.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
The first day back, the 3-4 rounds I did felt a bit weird. Playing a bit restrained, not really having the timing anymore of how to hide, dodge, loop and save, but today, I was fully back again, winning 4-5 times, having amazing loops with killers and just enjoying the game.

I should have never stopped it, it's the most chil multiplayer experience out there, if that makes sense to you, it's such a unique balance of doing your tasks, but not being too much under pressure, hiding, playing cat and mouse with the killer, with the thickest atmosphere, because of the cast, you can imagine. Just great.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
This pretty much confirms a Chris Redfield skin. Leon is getting a legendary skin that when worn causes Nemesis to use the same Mori as Jill where he screams STARS. The only person who fits that bill is Chris. It's also not a big leap to assume the other skin is Claire if is also voiced. I wonder how long until we get Ada?

Also you can bet your ass I'm gonna run pebble on Chris lol

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
CHRIS!!!!

Wonder what version we'll get. I would be expecting STARS Chris but if they're using RE Engine models I'm half expecting RE8 Chris.

Last edited:

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Ugh please STARS Chris. Let me remember him as the guy he was and not the complete idiotic asshole that they turned him into in 8.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Is this game noob friendly? Ive been watching some videos on youtube and it seems pretty fun. But one of the biggest dedicated channels I saw seemed really toxic and had whole videos dedicated to trash bad team mates when playing solo.