• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Jane and Jill drop their items
Has this always been a thing? I was typically only surviving the past couple years in matchmaking besides the rare desire to kill, but I killed way more the past month and had people do this a lot when I was chasing them or caught them in a bad spot. They just gave up and dropped their stuff.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Has this always been a thing? I was typically only surviving the past couple years in matchmaking besides the rare desire to kill, but I killed way more the past month and had people do this a lot when I was chasing them or caught them in a bad spot. They just gave up and dropped their stuff.

It's called tribute. They are announcing they either want to give up or are asking for mercy.

Yeah, you stop and drop your item as an "offering" to please the killer :D

If I'm the killer i always accept the tribute and just basically turn 180 and go either find someone else or if it's the endgame, let them go.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Dropping your item is definitely normal. As killer it means they give up. I 90% give them hatch after that.

Another one is wiggling. If the last survivor doesn't wiggle even after a chase I'll usually give em the hatch.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
From my experience, survivors only drop items if they're the last ones and want to escape. I usually let them go.

If I'm pig, you must boop the snoot to escape.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yeah, you stop and drop your item as an "offering" to please the killer :D

If I'm the killer i always accept the tribute and just basically turn 180 and go either find someone else or if it's the endgame, let them go.
I make sure they leave first. I've seen survivors picking the items back up when the Killer stops looking.

Also my partner got me these for my Birthday. They get me.

sgTlxVt.jpg

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
There was a game where I killed two people, and then I decided to let the remaining two live. One of them dropped the tribute at the gate. the other person picked up. First person got mad at the second person trying to tell them to drop the item. End-game chat they were like, the item's not for you, it's for the killer lol.

I've been pretty merciful as killer through this event. Generally choosing not to kill people like 50% of my games.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up the game the other week, got lured in by the Resident Evil crossover!

I wound up buying the Silent Hill And Resident Evil packs.

Any tips on Cheryl? Her unique perks seem weird to me?

Also any general suggestions on what's meta for both survivors and killers?

Thanks in advance!

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up the game the other week, got lured in by the Resident Evil crossover!

I wound up buying the Silent Hill And Resident Evil packs.

Any tips on Cheryl? Her unique perks seem weird to me?

Also any general suggestions on what's meta for both survivors and killers?

Thanks in advance!
Meta perks for survivors are Dead Hard, Borrowed Time, Unbreakable, Kindred, Iron Will, Spine Chill, Sprint burst, and some others. Most of the best perks can be found on the base game survivors.

Meta perks for killers are Pop Goes the Weasel, Corrupt Intervention, Hex: Ruin + Hex: Undying, and others. You'll want gen slowdown somewhere in your build.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Today I learned leaving the trial with the Pig's bear trap still attached kills you instantly. 🤡
Yeah, if the trap's active/beeping you can't leave through the gates. You're safe if it's inactive or if you find the hatch though. I see Pigs so infrequently that I've never been in this situation but that's my understanding.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
I love lethal pursuer. It gets the ball rolling so fast. Can't wait to have it available on all the killers I like.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Yeah, if the trap's active/beeping you can't leave through the gates. You're safe if it's inactive or if you find the hatch though. I see Pigs so infrequently that I've never been in this situation but that's my understanding.

This is correct. Just had a situation where somebody left with it off. When it's on you'll instant die when getting near the exit. It used to be more common because before endgame collapse traps would activate after gens were completed IIRC.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Had a Mikey with the double iridescent. My boy and I were the last ones left after he got 2 kills barely. We fed him the last kills so he could get his trophy/achievement. That's my good deed for the day.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Yeah I've been using it on Spirit, it's a great perk for getting a really early hook.

Also great for showing how terrible survivor spawns are.
The best part about it are the people who just outright DC if you down them really fast because if it.

That's happened three times today.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
So I just encountered a SWF that did a great job of protecting each other, two flashlight saves and a Jake actually running Saboteur.

Then we get to the end game and they leave two of their swf on hook and escape? It's not like I was camping or anything. One of them opened the exit as I was chasing the other and just left... I was shocked.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
So I just encountered a SWF that did a great job of protecting each other, two flashlight saves and a Jake actually running Saboteur.

Then we get to the end game and they leave two of their swf on hook and escape? It's not like I was camping or anything. One of them opened the exit as I was chasing the other and just left... I was shocked.

Brutal :D i have done this but only if i needed to ensure an escape for an adept trophy or something

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It just blew my mind. I was literally avoiding chases with unhooks. And the the last two get hooked and they ran?

I even nodded at the Leon at the gate and he just ran.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
I wish it felt like there was some kind of logical consistency with what Nemesis' whip will hit over and what it won't. I never really "know" if it's going to hit someone over a low wall or junk pile.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
I really regret buying him.
Oh I don't regret buying him at all. He was worth it just to get Lethal Pursuer on the rest of my killers but I also love playing as Nemesis. I just wish when I'm up against someone who's good at looping I had an instinctive feel for when and where I can whip over the loop to get them at places besides the pallet.

Oct 4, 2020
Scotland
Trying to learn Blight but just keep getting incredibly tilted at the fact that he just seems to slide off of about 80% of objects on half the maps? Backwater Swamp feels impossible to do well on for a first time player, and from what I've read he's been like this for a while. Considering how unplayable I've heard the Twins were at launch as well I really think they need to slow down on releasing content because the killers seem to keep releasing with glaring flaws/bugs.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to learn Blight but just keep getting incredibly tilted at the fact that he just seems to slide off of about 80% of objects on half the maps? Backwater Swamp feels impossible to do well on for a first time player, and from what I've read he's been like this for a while. Considering how unplayable I've heard the Twins were at launch as well I really think they need to slow down on releasing content because the killers seem to keep releasing with glaring flaws/bugs.

the 3 month release schedule is pretty breakneck when you think about the development cycle. I get it that they want to keep the game active and alive but taking 6 months off once in awhile to just do quality of life improvements would be great.

Kinda like Rainbow Six Siege that finally stopped doing new characters every season and focused on reworking old ones and fixing maps etc.

DbD has also started reworking maps and old characters of course but they should also consider pausing adding new ones for a minute...

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I agree that we should skip a chapter. The fanbase is always so thirsty for new perks and characters but I mean we're at 51 total characters rn. I think we can take a small break!

They did pause new maps for a lil bit while they remade old ones. We've only gotten 3 from 2020 until now.

We're almost done with map reworks now so who knows where we go next.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I agree that we should skip a chapter. The fanbase is always so thirsty for new perks and characters but I mean we're at 51 total characters rn. I think we can take a small break!

They did pause new maps for a lil bit while they remade old ones. We've only gotten 3 from 2020 until now.

Reworked maps is fine i think, most of them feel mostly new anyways and they could basically do "palette swaps" by doing different time of day versions or something, to not break up the geometry and add "new maps" this way while still adding variety.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Reworked maps is fine i think, most of them feel mostly new anyways and they could basically do "palette swaps" by doing different time of day versions or something, to not break up the geometry and add "new maps" this way while still adding variety.

On Badham we got 5 versions of the maps. I wouldn't be against seeing bigger variations in map layouts for separate versions of maps instead of just more of em.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017

New maps to learn and new interactive environmental features would be exactly what this game needs.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
New maps to learn and new interactive environmental features would be exactly what this game needs.

everyone just seems to hate whenever they do that :D breakable doors and Raccoon City have gotten mediocre response at best, it´s not easy to just add something.
Survivor buff totems are coming next.

Last edited:

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
If you're on PC you can see some of your stats based on what Behavior tracks for achievements. This will only be based on when they started tracking. For example, they only started tracking exposed hits after Blight came out due to his achievement.

Screenshot_20210719-112631_Chrome.jpg

DBD Playerstats

Dead By Daylight Playerstats, cosmetics, perk info/randomiser, shrine and more

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I don't count different layouts of the same Realm as its own "map". So the game has 15 Realms.

Most of the realms aren't just slightly different layouts, only 1 map is like that. Most of the time realm just indicates the style or theme and then the map is unique. Compare the 2 maps in Yamoaka Estate for example. Those maps are completely different but are still in the same realm. You can't really say Coal Tower, Iron Works of Misery or Shelter Woods are at all alike besides the look either.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

I wouldn't mind a 6 month break on characters if we could get new maps for characters that had their maps skipped. I just want more maps, really. One day, I'd like another mode or something.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I agree the game has enough maps at this point. Maps like Haddonfield, Red Forest, and Backwater Swamp still desperately need reworks.

But the devs have already said they aren't going to do a health chapter, so no point in asking for one.

It's pretty disappointing to see an independent studio free from publisher control still put money so far ahead of anything else.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Did they disable RPD again? I've literally only played it once (I hated it btw) but just curious.
Also started playing Clown and he's my favorite killer now lol.

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I backed myself into a corner by getting my monthly killer ranking raised with Wraith who felt waaaaay too easy to win with, and now I can't get a full win as any other killer for their achievements (using just their original perks) because I keep going up against skilled survivors as I struggle to figure out the characters. Oh well, maybe I'll get there at some point, or just wait for the ranking reset.

Anyways, I have enough in-game currency for a non-real money character, any recommendations or must-have characters? Killer or survivor, I haven't bought anyone yet (besides Myers/Strode with real money), so I'm open to anyone.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
Plague and Clown have super good perks for killers(Corrupt Intervention, Infectious Fright, Dark Devotion for Plague, Pop Goes the Weasel and Bamboozle for Clown). Blight is fun but hard to learn, plus he has Hex: Undying if you use hex perks often. For survivors Yun-jin Lee has Fast Track and Smash hit which are cool, Adam has some fun perks (Deliverance, Autodidact, and Diversion), Jane has Head On which is fun for messing around. Hope these give you some ideas on who you would like to get!

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
I'll use this chance to shill for Lethal Pursuer once more on Nemesis. If you like playing Wraith this will let you be on top of survivors instantly at the start of the match. It lets you see all survivor auras for the first 9 seconds.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I wouldn't mind if they took a new content break to just do a lot of work on the bugs and optimisation but the player base as a whole, even alot of the ones who say they want that would immediately be "Were is the new content! The game is getting stale"

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind if they took a new content break to just do a lot of work on the bugs and optimisation but the player base as a whole, even alot of the ones who say they want that would immediately be "Were is the new content! The game is getting stale"

people would complain of course, but they will just need to weather that storm and i bet those people will be back as soon as the next character hits. (or just keep playing while complaining anyways)

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
people would complain of course, but they will just need to weather that storm and i bet those people will be back as soon as the next character hits. (or just keep playing while complaining anyways)
Lol. Probably see the "boycott" that wasn't about not playing but instead "just don't buy anything people who probably already bought everything"

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So who do you guys hope will be the next licensed dlc? I was thinking The Evil Within could be really fun, with Sebastian and The Keeper.

The Keeper even writes its own power - each map would have randomly placed safes littering the area and The Keeper would be able to essentially consume any of them at any time to emerge from them, on a cooldown of course, with a visual cue when he is appearing from a safe near you.

As for Sebastian, maybe they could give him perks related to endurance to reflect just how tough he is physically and mentally? Like if he's at full health and scores a protection hit, he gains endurance for a certain number of seconds. Or if he has endurance, he gains a haste effect for the duration.