• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aia

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I gotten RCPD about ten times now.. very huge and weird map.. can't find gens and can't find hex totems.. Also, why is it so dark?

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
It's still disabled I believe.

It honestly needs to be reworked and broken up into multiple maps. It's great to have as a map, but the whole thing as *one* map is just a bad idea.
The offerings are disabled but I've gotten the map about 8 times now so it's definitely in rotation. Also second it needing to be broken into 2, it's a pain on both survivor and killer.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
I've gotten it a single time since they re-enabled it, then I got tunneled from the start so didn't even get to see it much.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I've been on it twice on console. You do get more lag spikes than you do with other Maps but overall I really kind of like the map. I find it to be equally tough on killers and survivors and the size of it seems to make the games go a little longer which is also kind of fun.

Aia

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've been on it twice on console. You do get more lag spikes than you do with other Maps but overall I really kind of like the map. I find it to be equally tough on killers and survivors and the size of it seems to make the games go a little longer which is also kind of fun.
It's perfect for the Twins because you can park Vector anywhere and you'll hear their heartbeats.. I think it's tougher on Survivors tho.

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday I had multiple games where survivors would come up to me as if they wanted me to hit them? Not sure what's up with that. I've only been playing for a few weeks. Are they just trying to grind points somehow?
Yes. Games with 4-5 cakes being used usually result in survivors requesting to farm points because the event is making so survivors can actually make a decent amount. The bp gain without the event is terrible and unfun. They'll let you hook them twice, then run around and take turns dropping pallets on you and healing themselves. If you don't want to participate in that kinda thing just wack them immediately and they'll get the hint, but it makes all five players make it out with a good chunk of bp.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Oh my god she loses collision??????

1600 hours btw

I wish i could go back in time to that match now LOL
She did not lose it originally but then they changed it later on at some point so she only blocks people for like 30 seconds, so still useful for a lot of situations.

I can't imagine being victor for much longer than that in one go but I don't play twins so I have no idea really.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I think she keeps collision, but you can now push her out of the way. It's so she can't block windows and doorways and now hallways. Used to be able to block a window with her and then use victor to force the survivor in 1 direction to get the hit. But now they just vault the window and toss her to the side, its pretty funny to see.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's a new one. The Hag hooks me, puts markers all around my hook, doesn't teleport to any marker when the first one goes off, but the second I'm unhooked they teleport over and hit me again downing me instantly and getting a second hook for free. I swear trying to play this late at night is a terrible idea because all the killers turn into shitty trolls. >:(

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Well that's a new one. The Hag hooks me, puts markers all around my hook, doesn't teleport to any marker when the first one goes off, but the second I'm unhooked they teleport over and hit me again downing me instantly and getting a second hook for free. I swear trying to play this late at night is a terrible idea because all the killers turn into shitty trolls. >:(
She could have just not been in range for the first one.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I feel a bit bad, I accidentally slugged a Leon while a meg dehooked him in a middle of a chase (without borrowed time!!!!!) and after I finished with the Meg I couldn't find Leon and he DCd. I was actually going to let him wiggle out.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Back on my PC for 1 day. Let's go.

unknown.png

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She could have just not been in range for the first one.

Nah, there are some serious trolls in this game that really ruin it. The worst ones are the killers that still go super hard on you even when two or more players have disconnected. They know you have literally no chance of winning and they just don't care.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Honestly, if people DC I want the killer to just kill me and get the game over with so I can move onto the next one. Farming is so boring.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Got a 4k with Wraith, and damn, think I am going to like him a lot. Had a lot of fun with being able to move faster cloaked too, and especially causing the ring of the bell to be heard everywhere to mess around with the survivors. XD

Already have some sweet perks on him, although would be nice to get BBQ & Chili and Undying soon from his bloodweb.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Sounds like my recommendations for you were spot on haha. He's super fun, because you can see when you scared the shit out of survivors with him.

Yeah it looks like I did catch some of the survivors off guard even. XD And man, moving fast while cloaked feels great, although sounds like he moves decently fast without the add-on anyway. I look forward to messing around with ways to ambush players.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, there are some serious trolls in this game that really ruin it. The worst ones are the killers that still go super hard on you even when two or more players have disconnected. They know you have literally no chance of winning and they just don't care.
Cause killer wants points. They lose out on a lot of BP if a survivor disconnects early.

Whats worse is that people get to keep their items if they DC, which just encourages it more.

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
Still getting my bearings with this game, but Maaaaan, I played a game as the killer on RPD, and I basically didn't see the other team the entire game, I got a glimpse of 2 of them in a couple of brief chases after I ended up just going to a corner and staring at one of the final gens since I had Insidious and was beginning to think they were cheating or something, but no, I saw a couple survivors come out of nowhere to the gen and disappear just as fast after I approached.

Just one of those situations where I wasn't even mad, just incredibly impressed that they pulled that off. In retrospect I wish I had checked what perks they were using on the end screen.

After mostly playing as Myers I switched to Wraith just to try something new and that character seems straight up broken, they just move so fast in cloak that across a few games I was able to keep an iron grip on the final gens and take out anyone who even attempted one of them.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I had two Plague games where I only got one hook. Some really sweaty swfs teabagging and flashlight clicking.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Oh I finally tried the 50/50 pig with Amanda's Letter and Last Will.

Blocked 1 box and both survivors got their traps off on the other one 😭. Gonna keep trying until i get 2 kills with it.

Somehow turned that pig game around even. I had 2 hooks at 3 gens done and ended the game with 4 gens done, 11 hooks and somebody out via the hatch. Had to sweat a little bit. We do a lil bit of slugging.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to assume people who DC are doing it to keep their items? I had a game where 3 people DC'd, all carrying flashlights and it was looking for be a 4kill in the making from the first few minutes.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Oh I finally tried the 50/50 pig with Amanda's Letter and Last Will.

Blocked 1 box and both survivors got their traps off on the other one 😭. Gonna keep trying until i get 2 kills with it.

Somehow turned that pig game around even. I had 2 hooks at 3 gens done and ended the game with 4 gens done, 11 hooks and somebody out via the hatch. Had to sweat a little bit. We do a lil bit of slugging.
Wow your meaner than me. When both escape I literally let them finish, chase a bit then open the exit doors for them.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Also

gleam.io

Dead by Daylight | Custom PS5 Sweepstakes

Winner! Congratulations to Nolan for winning a one of a kind Dead by Daylight PlayStation 5! Win a Custom PS5™ so Unique It's Scary Only one winner will be selected. The winner will receive: One (1) exclusive Dead by Daylight (DBD) custom PlayStation®5 – standard edition + controller...

Custom Dead by Daylight PS5 sweepstakes has started!

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
I just had the strangest match as Nemesis.

Two survivors DC'd pretty soon into the match, the other two are dancing around and pretty much just "Get it over with" but once they were both on hooks and died, the endgame collapse started, I was still there, the endgame collapse completed, and I was still there, stomping around the map. Had to manually quit.

And my zombies never spawned either.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Wow your meaner than me. When both escape I literally let them finish, chase a bit then open the exit doors for them.

I take my role as a killer very seriously! Though I used a cake to be fair, so I figured may as well get myself some points. I did let the last one get hatch 😂

If i get 2 head pops I'll spend the rest of the match barking at survivors. I've got like 10 Amanda's Letters left so I'm gonna spin it again tonight.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still getting my bearings with this game, but Maaaaan, I played a game as the killer on RPD, and I basically didn't see the other team the entire game, I got a glimpse of 2 of them in a couple of brief chases after I ended up just going to a corner and staring at one of the final gens since I had Insidious and was beginning to think they were cheating or something, but no, I saw a couple survivors come out of nowhere to the gen and disappear just as fast after I approached.

Just one of those situations where I wasn't even mad, just incredibly impressed that they pulled that off. In retrospect I wish I had checked what perks they were using on the end screen.

After mostly playing as Myers I switched to Wraith just to try something new and that character seems straight up broken, they just move so fast in cloak that across a few games I was able to keep an iron grip on the final gens and take out anyone who even attempted one of them.
If it makes you feel better, a lot of people are struggling with RPD rn. It might be a bit too faithful to RE2 Remake considering how huge and layered it is.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
If it makes you feel better, a lot of people are struggling with RPD rn. It might be a bit too faithful to RE2 Remake considering how huge and layered it is.
I actually just got Adept Nemesis and the random map happened to be the RCPD. So it was super duper thematic.

When the map loaded my first thought was "No way I'm getting adept on this monstrosity." But fortunately for me the survivors were all super obsessed with a generator in the main entry hall, and one in the offices to the right as you face the entry hall from the front door. They kept hanging around the center and front right of the map, no one ever ventured into the other side.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I actually just got Adept Nemesis and the random map happened to be the RCPD. So it was super duper thematic.

When the map loaded my first thought was "No way I'm getting adept on this monstrosity." But fortunately for me the survivors were all super obsessed with a generator in the main entry hall, and one in the offices to the right as you face the entry hall from the front door. They kept hanging around the center and front right of the map, no one ever ventured into the other side.
Honestly games where Survivors are really obsessed with one gen can definitely be hilarious. Sometimes plays get made that work out, other times you get a match I had this week where they were desperately trying to get this gen done but I'd just pop it, knock em down, then hook em where the last person who tried was inevitably freed from. Really derailed their whole game and they gave up on it after like three minutes of trying to push it so hard at the start? That gen never ended up getting done but they sure tried their damnedest.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Now i don't have to play the game ever again, can just listen to the main menu music and chase music from vinyl and win every game! :D

dbdv2.jpg

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Man some people are just so clueless.
I could not be more clear that I was trying to farm and I have these survivors just trying to escape lol

I even had like 2 of them kinda understanding but still leaving...

All had cakes too.

Like, do you want 50k BP or 150? Lol

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I could not be more clear that I was trying to farm and I have these survivors just trying to escape lol

All had cakes too.

Keep in mind that they've likely interacted with killers who act like they're just trying to get a challenge or something and then kill everyone when gates are powered or something. When I'm a survivor, I don't trust killers haha.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Keep in mind that they've likely interacted with killers who act like they're just trying to get a challenge or something and then kill everyone when gates are powered or something. When I'm a survivor, I don't trust killers haha.
To be honest I've never run into that killer before.

I think in my 500+ hours of playing DbD, maybe 3 times I've ever had a farming killer who did not kill.
And maybe 3 other times some killers who just muck around and don't care about anything lol

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019

All had cakes too.

it's possible they're just weren't down for farming either. I'm one of those people who isn't a big fan of farming, so if I end up in a game with a farming killer, I just get gens done ASAP and get out so I can move on to the next game.

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017

All had cakes too.

It happens, just remember it's their own time they're wasting on a 5 caker. The struggle for bp as a survivor is real.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god I feel so bad. Playing as Spirit on Grave of Glendale with BBQ, Devour Hope, Undying and Haunted Grounds. Get 5 stacks on Devour Hope quite quickly, one person dies on the hook, I see a Dwight go into the basement thanks to my Undying and mori him, come out on to the main street and Jane and Jill drop their items and let me hook them both.