• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yeah me neither. I may loosely prox camp if the game is super intense but I usually try to let them atleast have a chance at rescue. The chase is more fun to me than getting 4 kills or whatever haha.
The only time I proxi camp is when the team has 3 gened themselves and one of those gen is next to where I just hooked.

But I always go for the dehooker, not the hookie.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to pick up The Wraith and play him and I've been having fun but OH MY GOD HIS FUCKING MOUTH NOISES when your sitting in lobby just queuing for a match are so goddamn annoying.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
Teammates and Killers have been absolutely shitty during this event. The other day I had a teammate who hated me for some reason, I was on the ground and he could've picked me up, but he decided to teabag on my body instead (for several minutes cause the killer was chasing someone else). He kept doing other toxic stuff as well, so eventually he was hooked and I teabagged in front of his hook which lead to his death (sorry not sorry). This community is just the worst.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
They shared some new stats.

p3bq8sc6e8a71.jpg

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
I hope this is ok to post but if not I understand, but over this weekend a group of DBD streamers are putting on an event to support one of their own named Puppers who is currently suffering from ALS. I am an old childhood friend of his and would love to see more people going and watching the stream and showing some love if they can! He is such a genuine guy and to see the community come together to support him in hard times is very heartwarming to see.

LightInTheFog Stream link

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I hope this is ok to post but if not I understand, but over this weekend a group of DBD streamers are putting on an event to support one of their own named Puppers who is currently suffering from ALS. I am an old childhood friend of his and would love to see more people going and watching the stream and showing some love if they can! He is such a genuine guy and to see the community come together to support him in hard times is very heartwarming to see.

LightInTheFog Stream link
Pretty sure that's completely fine to share (I saw an admin confirm what sort of promotions they don't like shared just the other week). Thank you.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Playing the free weekend on Steam and I'm enjoying it. Don't know if I'll pick it up, but the game is pretty tense.

Day One - I went 0/5. Lost all 4 games as a survivor and one as a killer.

Day Two - Slow down and I got the map feeling from the first day. I'm wrecking shit. Went 4/5 and the one game I died it was on the last generator. I made the play to distract the killer and ate it. Pretty sure my team survived. I also got 4/4 with my one game as a killer. The Trapper seems pretty fun. I caught 2 early on by guessing the right generator they were rushing and snowballed from there. I may pick up a key over on CDkeys for 5$.

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
How is it I suck at this game compared to every one else lol.

I've played 50 hours of this game and have never gotten a legit 4k.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
How is it I suck at this game compared to every one else lol.

I've played 50 hours of this game and have never gotten a legit 4k.
It comes with time, 50 hours is not much time compared to most of these people with hundreds or thousands of hours. Just stick with it and you will be slaughtering survivors in no time!

Edit: I should mention I didn't feel like I had a solid grasp on the game until like 150 hours in and even still longer to feel comfortable getting consistent 4ks.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm only at 2 hours so I probably got lucky. But I just thought of how I played as a survivor and thought what would counter myself. If I was winning as a survivor my last few games, I'd assume I was doing something correct.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Well, I'm only at 2 hours so I probably got lucky. But I just thought of how I played as a survivor and thought what would counter myself. If I was winning as a survivor my last few games, I'd assume I was doing something correct.
Your fine. I just like to laugh about it. My partner was a survivor main forever, on a lark decided to try out Ghostface and got a 3k on thier second game.

When I'm not doing Daily Rituals on killers I don't know well I 2-3k on the regular.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to give a few more rounds and yeah, I will not buy this game. Last game had my blood boiling after an idiot ran right towards me while I was getting the downed person.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I think BBQ, Corrupt, Undying and Devour Hope is my new go-to load out for Spirit. I love it.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to give a few more rounds and yeah, I will not buy this game. Last game had my blood boiling after an idiot ran right towards me while I was getting the downed person.

Like the indecisive individual I am. I decided to purchase it instead. I played the last of my games this morning and for every frustrating game I had, I also had a fun one. Survived one more, but died the other three and had one more 4 kill game as the killer. I got the cheevo for hanging 3 people in the basement at the same time. I guessed right again on the first generator while placing traps on turns.

Also, I realized those annoying red lines are scratch marks. One day I'll actually do a tutorial for a game lol.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Like the indecisive individual I am. I decided to purchase it instead. I played the last of my games this morning and for every frustrating game I had, I also had a fun one. Survived one more, but died the other three and had one more 4 kill game as the killer. I got the cheevo for hanging 3 people in the basement at the same time. I guessed right again on the first generator while placing traps on turns.

Also, I realized those annoying red lines are scratch marks. One day I'll actually do a tutorial for a game lol.
The tutorial isn't great, but it may still fill in some gaps you might have. I liked the game significantly more when I got perks that worked more for my play style. Hope you keep having fun!

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado

If anything, the tutorial atleast gives you I think 100k or 200k bloodpoints and a charm? It takes like 15 minutes to complete. Also welcome to the Fog friend! It only gets worse from here :)

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I am getting Decisive Strike for sure at least. The others are tempting, but they are from free characters, so I probably just wait for another survivor perk that is from a paid DLC.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I'm really, really having a super bad time in the last 3 days where I maybe escaped twice in 30 f'n rounds or so with one asshole killer after the other and useless random teammates. It's incredibly frustrating, specially when you watch streams of the game in the meantime like Ohmwrecker and he seems to get good and useful teammates every single round.

Sometimes this game feels like these super misleading f2p smartphone app commercials which has nothing to do with the product you download when you watch people play this and everything is awesome and everyone plays well, and then you try for yourself and you feel you got scammed, lol.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
I'm really, really having a super bad time in the last 3 days where I maybe escaped twice in 30 f'n rounds or so with one asshole killer after the other and useless random teammates. It's incredibly frustrating, specially when you watch streams of the game in the meantime like Ohmwrecker and he seems to get good and useful teammates every single round.

Sometimes this game feels like these super misleading f2p smartphone app commercials which has nothing to do with the product you download when you watch people play this and everything is awesome and everyone plays well, and then you try for yourself and you feel you got scammed, lol.
Yeah I'm feeling this pretty hard. I'm not huge on playing survivor because it seems 1 game out of 10 is a normal game and even then its 80% likely I will still die in that trial lol.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California

Out of the uh 15 matches I've tried tonight I've only escaped maybe twice lol. It's been bad. Killers massively slugging at 5 gens with infectious fright...

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
The solo survivor games I had when MMR was on were among the best, most helpful people I've played with. The complete opposite of what It was like normally.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Oh ever since RE launched, playing Survivor has been a nightmare in solo queues. Just lot of awful players.

You know it's bad when your several mins in and not a single gen is repaired, and folks are being hooked left and right.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Oh ever since RE launched, playing Survivor has been a nightmare in solo queues. Just lot of awful players.

You know it's bad when your several mins in and not a single gen is repaired, and folks are being hooked left and right.
Even more annoying, when I've had a killer chase me for 2 solid minutes and not a single gen done.

Like,
WTF ARE THE REST OF YOU EVEN DOING!

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Even more annoying, when I've had a killer chase me for 2 solid minutes and not a single gen done.

Like,
WTF ARE THE REST OF YOU EVEN DOING!

Yea I had a newbie killer chase me and I was looping him for most of the game, which Im not good at but he was clearly a newb killer, yet despite him chasing me majority of the game, the gens were not getting done. Wtf

He tunneled me and just kept coming after me for a very long time, eventually getting me hooked three times in a row, but still despite me running him along so much and three hooks, only 2 gens ever got done by the time I was dead.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Convince your friends to get the game! I don't like playing online games with randos, so when I bought dbd a couple years ago, I also convinced two of my close friends to get it. Then we convinced another five or so of our friends to get it. We have enough regulars that we can typically have four people any given night, and it helps so much to have cooperation and strategy so people aren't all going for a save at once or opening gates too early/late. I survived 3 out of 4 matches last night thanks to teamwork.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
I'm really excited for the Trickster buffs to come out, I've always wanted to give him a fair shake. Also excited for hook counter for killers, don't know why it took them so long to implement it.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I'm a big fan and proponent of SWF. This game is so much more fun with friends. I've played like 10 hours of solo queue surv in my almost 1600 hours. Usually at least 1 friend or if I'm by myself then it's time for killer play.

We probably lose more games than I would solo as we are always throwing and using non meta perks, but we're all okay with losing. Sometimes losing is more fun than winning in this game.

I'm really excited for the Trickster buffs to come out, I've always wanted to give him a fair shake. Also excited for hook counter for killers, don't know why it took them so long to implement it.

Hook counter has been in since the UI rework. They're just giving us the option of turning it off.