• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
y0ap3qvllt971.jpg
4k12qzndit971.png

Cybil looking good now! gasp

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Quentin is alright now, but he has no cosmetics so not worth my time. :P

They ruined Kate tho, don't like her new model at all.

If you want to get a good extended look on everyone, scroll through this stream.

Oct 4, 2020
Scotland
Would love to play the PTB but the game still refuses to install updates at a normal speed for me! Anyone else ever have this issue? It can take between 30-45 mins to install a small update for me, no other game on Steam does this so it's not my HDD

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Would love to play the PTB but the game still refuses to install updates at a normal speed for me! Anyone else ever have this issue? It can take between 30-45 mins to install a small update for me, no other game on Steam does this so it's not my HDD

It's because of their weird compression. It doesn't take long to download, it just takes fucking forever to patch.

If you have fast enough internet then it's faster to just delete the game and reinstall. It's only like a 30gb download. Took me about 10 minutes usually which was definitely faster than installing.

B-Dex

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Just started playing since I got a series x and it's on gamepass. Having fun as survivors. Even bought Leon for dat Chris outfit.

I am terrible as all the killers. Like really bad. Any tips?

Aia

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Congrats B-Dex

As a survivor? Definitely use Iron Will, Prove Thyself and Adrenaline and maybe Self-care until you get used to how things work then replace it with Borrowed Time and/or whatever you want.

Oct 4, 2020
Scotland
It's because of their weird compression. It doesn't take long to download, it just takes fucking forever to patch.

If you have fast enough internet then it's faster to just delete the game and reinstall. It's only like a 30gb download. Took me about 10 minutes usually which was definitely faster than installing.
Yeah the download finishes relatively quickly then you have to just sit for ages waiting for it to install... hadn't even thought about doing what you said. My internet is fast enough to redownload quickly so I'll do that from now on. Thanks!

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing since I got a series x and it's on gamepass. Having fun as survivors. Even bought Leon for dat Chris outfit.

Biggest thing I can recommend is to look up videos, both guides and general gameplay. There's a lot of good resources out there now that'll help give you some helpful tips since the game's tutorials aren't the most in-depth.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Honestly..
Practice. Find a good m1 killer and get better at loops, avoiding pallets, and patrolling survivors.

By a good set of headphones and train your directional hearing.

After you get good with an m1 killer, find some killers with gimmicks that interest you and play like an m1 while practicing your special.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
The Twins are actually a lot of fun to play as.
They are. I feel the community has really done a disservice to them claiming they "are only for camping"

Which actually brings up something I've noticed. Most of the community watches and learns from the top guys who play, and when they decide they don't like something, or something is over/under powered it tends to filter through the community as fact instead of opinion.

Not always but it's a trend I've noticed.

Aia

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Which actually brings up something I've noticed. Most of the community watches and learns from the top guys who play, and when they decide they don't like something, or something is over/under powered it tends to filter through the community as fact instead of opinion.
Yep, I've noticed it too. The Twins' gimmick is camping and slugging but it doesn't always work.. Most survivors don't know that you can down Victor or drop pallets to down him.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yep, I've noticed it too. The Twins' gimmick is camping and slugging but it doesn't always work.. Most survivors don't know that you can down Victor or drop pallets to down him.
I would actually say the Twins gimmick is Map Control, it just leads to bad players camping and slugging.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Every "good" Twins killer I've faced result in major slugging. It's really difficult to avoid Victor against decent twins and the rate Victor respawns is like non-existent lol. I don't have fun going against them, but thankfully twins aren't that commonly played.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Every "good" Twins killer I've faced result in major slugging. It's really difficult to avoid Victor against decent twins and the rate Victor respawns is like non-existent lol. I don't have fun going against them, but thankfully twins aren't that commonly played.
Yeah they do need to add 10 seconds to Victor's respawn. But the only time the twins should be slugging is if they happen upon a healing party. All other times it should be hit a nerd, switch to Charlotte.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
No tome leaks yet? Isn't the new tome normally in the PTB already? I know it was back then when it was new, but I paused a year in-between and don't know if they stopped that, but with no videos about it, they probably have?

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Love it when i can give a little back to the teabaggers :D when people forget about the backflip

One of my favourite ever moments as killer was playing as Myer, killed the other three survivors while the last was standing next to the gate full health furiously teabagging like their life depended on it until I grabbed them and yellow mori'd them.

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So conflicted about the suvivor updates. Laurie, Quienton, Meg and a few others look way better but then you have Kate, Dwight, David and Jeff who look way worse. Hoping they update their models again but knowing BHVR they'll push all these live...

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Kate looks awful cause they removed her whole eye makeup.

Also, her gold outfit has her model broken and using that lets her run around with broken, horrible looking arms.

And I actually bet something that this will make it into the live version.

Like here at 21 minutes. It's hilarious.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Someone remind me again why we have a BP cap?

Unfortunately all online games as a service titles do have a monetization item cap, so hardcore players wouldn't have 999 billion points stored. Destiny keeps struggling with the same balance as ingame money is capped but long time players have essentially infinite amounts of other crafting resources in their vaults.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else getting the same map 2 or 3 times in a row? Has happened to me several times so it feels like more than a coincidence.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Take this with a grain of salt as this account is unreliable, but if we get Scream characters I will lose my shit.

More smoke around Candyman as well. Sickening at how many DBD players haven't heard about Candyman. Candyman will be my first killer I get p3 on. We respect Tony Todd in this house

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Take this with a grain of salt as this account is unreliable, but if we get Scream characters I will lose my shit.

Oh god, same here, already getting goosebumps just thinking about that.

Man, they could make infinite money here. Sidney, Dewey, Gale, Randy, endless possibilities.
If they do Sidney, Gale as legendary outfit is a given, but Dewey would already have much more costume options. :D

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Oh god, same here, already getting goosebumps just thinking about that.

Man, they could make infinite money here. Sidney, Dewey, Gale, Randy, endless possibilities.
If they do Sidney, Gale as legendary outfit is a given, but Dewey would already have much more costume options. :D

This is my only chance to get Matthew Lillard in DBD unless they do a Scooby Doo chapter 😂

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if something changed but I was sure I had linked my BHVR account with steam before.

Saw someone on reddit mention doing it so I went and checked and it was not linked - did it again (I'm sure it was again) and got 500k BP and 9k iri shards.

Maybe worth double checking!

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Don't know if something changed but I was sure I had linked my BHVR account with steam before.

Saw someone on reddit mention doing it so I went and checked and it was not linked - did it again (I'm sure it was again) and got 500k BP and 9k iri shards.

Maybe worth double checking!

Wait you got a additional 500k BP and 9k shards? I should go check that out heh.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else getting the same map 2 or 3 times in a row? Has happened to me several times so it feels like more than a coincidence.
Played about 7 matches yesterday and I got Swamp four times, Yamaoka twice, and Coldwind once. No offerings either, that was just the luck I had. Swamp only happened back-to-back once, everything else was broken up a bit.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Love it when i can give a little back to the teabaggers :D when people forget about the backflip

Always feels good. I got one the other day just because he wasn't close enough to the edge.
Someone remind me again why we have a BP cap?
What's funny is you can still get it way past the soft cap with login rewards and stuff. My buddy had 2.7 million saved until last night.
More smoke around Candyman as well. Sickening at how many DBD players haven't heard about Candyman. Candyman will be my first killer I get p3 on. We respect Tony Todd in this house
I've wanted Candyman for years. Perfect to have a guy with a hook hooking people. I want to put bees in survivors' mouths.
Edit: Their site is down for maintenance now?!
:(

Last edited: