• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
discordance is a great perk because one person will always try to run away from the gen while the other will hide behind the gen, but since you know 2 people are there you can go...YOOOO and hit the person hiding. Information is always good. I have only had a handful of matches where it never turned on.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
discordance is a great perk because one person will always try to run away from the gen while the other will hide behind the gen, but since you know 2 people are there you can go...YOOOO and hit the person hiding. Information is always good. I have only had a handful of matches where it never turned on.
I don't need a perk to know that.

My favorite thing is to do one loop after a gen and then go right back to that gem and hit the Survivor still working on it.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Had a decent Nemesis match, and then I decided to do a Meg match, where the Nemesis there didn't do anything. Like seriously, they were just chilling at where they spawned in. So outside of the zombies, it was quite a breeze to escape. I don't know if this was intentional or they had some serious issues going on with the game.

And funny thing is, I ended up finding the crown, and thus was a easy claim lol.

E5gsBkNVIAAOGwh

This was a weird thing to end the night on, but okay. XD Also the Silent Hill map looks so damn good.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Had a decent Nemesis match, and then I decided to do a Meg match, where the Nemesis there didn't do anything. Like seriously, they were just chilling at where they spawned in. So outside of the zombies, it was quite a breeze to escape. I don't know if this was intentional or they had some serious issues going on with the game.

And funny thing is, I ended up finding the crown, and thus was a easy claim lol.

E5gsBkNVIAAOGwh

This was a weird thing to end the night on, but okay. XD Also the Silent Hill map looks so damn good.
They weren't even farming? Just roaming around?

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
How have you guys found the anniversary event so far? For me it's been kind of rare to find killers who are willing to farm lol. Even when there's been a DC early on, killers have been ruthless.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
How have you guys found the anniversary event so far? For me it's been kind of rare to find killers who are willing to farm lol. Even when there's been a DC early on, killers have been ruthless.
I hate that killers have more chance to get cakes, because generally I prefer playing as survivor.

But I've only come across one killer that was willing to farm.

If there's 3 or more cakes, I usually offer to farm for survivors, but a lot of them are dumb and don't realise I'm trying to farm...
So they constantly run away, even when they can see their team-mates not running from me!

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I prestiged my first character ever yesterday (Jill) and I now realize I've been playing wrong this whole time ... I never realized that prestige means you give up all your items. I feel dumb hoarding all the items I had now.... lol

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I prestiged my first character ever yesterday (Jill) and I now realize I've been playing wrong this whole time ... I never realized that prestige means you give up all your items. I feel dumb hoarding all the items I had now.... lol

Yeah, I could prestige Cheryl but I'm not sure I really want to. Giving everything up for unique cosmetics doesn't seem super worth it if you're using another cosmetic anyway (I use Goth Cheryl).

Out of today's perks, I picked up Dead Hard and Discordance. I had hoped they'd put Dead Hard on sale, but Discordance sounds amazing for scaring off survivors if they know you know that more than one person is working on a generator and you're pretty close. 🤔

Last edited:

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I have gotten so much grinding done. I went prestige 3 on my Leon at the start of the event and now he's only missing 2 perks overall, with 5 full pages of perks being tier 3.

Also hit 50 cakes on him even tho he's using one every game.

I haven't even played Nemesis yet and I got him to level 50 just from dupes on the shrine.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
What a weird ass night lol.

Joined a match, RCPD map.
The other 3 survivors just DC straight away.

I find the killer, he's cool about it, I do a gen, he leads me to the hatch and game over lol

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
seems like everyone hates it :D as it´s too big for survivors and too big for killers while being an indoor map so half the killers have a really hard time with their powers due to hitting walls. Dunno if you´d call that the map is then properly balanced as it´s hard for everyone :D

I would personally have blocked off some rooms as it is indeed too big as it is. Or like Scott Junde suggested in his video, split it into two maps. One being the top floor and one the bottom. Just add some debris to the staircases and block off the vaulting spots so you can´t access the other floor.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
IMO splitting the map in half isn't going to do much better.
You can't just make 2 maps with one top floor and one bottom without adding more fuckery. Without some serious redesign this map is always going to be trash.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
yeah that´s pretty trash. Spine Chill is kinda the better version of the same concept.

As you just knowing where the killer is generally isn´t _that_ important information to use a perk slot on :D
I don't think I've ever actually used it (premonition), but from the description it seems like it'd ONLY be useful against a crouching pig, stealth ghostface and a wraith (maybe Freddy too), because otherwise the terror radius will warn you in advance and you can tell what direction they're in

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah that´s pretty trash. Spine Chill is kinda the better version of the same concept.

As you just knowing where the killer is generally isn´t _that_ important information to use a perk slot on :D

Yeah I was experimenting with a bunch of these perks I've unlocked while trying to get the ones I wanted and that one definitely sucks.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever actually used it (premonition), but from the description it seems like it'd ONLY be useful against a crouching pig, stealth ghostface and a wraith (maybe Freddy too), because otherwise the terror radius will warn you in advance and you can tell what direction they're in

Pretty much. It´s one of those, "so what" perks :D you´ll know his general position, but don´t know if the killer is looking at you or coming at you or not. So what should you be able to do with this information? :D Spine Chill gives you information if the killer is looking in your direction so you can start to prepare for their arrival, especially good against stealth killers.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just played against a Nemesis that camped my hook for ages (and only even started chasing me because one of the other players led them right to me) and immediately chased me again as soon as I got off the hook. 😂

Is there any point in wiggling at all? You literally never succeed. There are so many hooks and they're all so easy to get to that you'll never make the killer drop you.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just played against a Nemesis that camped my hook for ages (and only even started chasing me because one of the other players led them right to me) and immediately chased me again as soon as I got off the hook. 😂

Is there any point in wiggling at all? You literally never succeed. There are so many hooks and they're all so easy to get to that you'll never make the killer drop you.
It can definitely matter. Most of the time you probably do have to rely on teammates who take hits to delay the Killer or go for sabo plays to temporarily remove a hook. At the bare minimum though, it does effect the Killer's movement so they have to constantly make small adjustments while carrying you so they avoid any obstacles.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Oh it was already posted.. but anyway. RCPD.. trash map. I do dc if i get Lerys if i play ranged killers cus fuck that map with like slinger o huntress. LoS issues everywhere.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
Yeah, the RCPD is trash and quite possibly the worst map the game has ever seen. Played my first match on it last night and even with all the time I put into RE2R, it was still a confusing, claustrophobic experience that was just no fun at all to play. I would have rather have had a Raccoon City map but I guess it's he RCPD is more iconic. It just doesn't work in the game.

Would I DC? Never. Nothing I hate more than waiting 3-5 minutes to find a lobby only for people to fucking quit.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Well, learning the map is of course part of the process. People are pretty fast to condemn it after playing it once.

It is huge, but i don't think it's confusing or anything after learning what can spawn in which room.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
All maps are survivor or killer sides. RPD is just bad for killers because every room is 2x2 with a pallet in them. It makes sense why they made Nem able to break pallets and hit over pallets, because they knew if they didn't allow that indoor maps like RPD with 55 pallets and 2 windows it would be so unfun to play.

Its not a terrible map, but damn it does feel cramped, almost like a killer would be bumping everything by just walking lol A lot of safe pallets and spots. Doubt it gets a rework, but eventually once people learn it more it will fall in line like Midwich, which personally is my least favorite map because of how small it is and how its set up.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Think if they want they could close off some rooms, reduce overall size of map by just blocking off some sections, closing the doors on some of the rooms, just cut down on general space and places to roam. I doubt they can do much else but maybe some tweaks , and again for them to use RCPD, makes me wonder if Capcom was involved in approving the layout and had some say in the manner.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Ran my first game of 50/50 Piggy today. Luckily for both contestants they survived.

So what is 50/50 Piggy? You use the Pig addons "Amanda's Letter" and "Last Will"

This makes it so there are Two Jigsaw Boxes and Two Party hats. You down two survivors (only one at a time) put on their party hats and then crouch in front of one Jigsaw box.

They have a 50/50 chance to get the party hat off.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
Ran my first game of 50/50 Piggy today. Luckily for both contestants they survived.

So what is 50/50 Piggy? You use the Pig addons "Amanda's Letter" and "Last Will"

This makes it so there are Two Jigsaw Boxes and Two Party hats. You down two survivors (only one at a time) put on their party hats and then crouch in front of one Jigsaw box.

This sounds positively evil and I love it. I've been giving mah boys/gals Legion some love today and I've been surprisingly doing very well. I just think people don't know how to play against Legion anymore lol.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Just finished off my leon. He's P3 with all perks at level 3. 7 full pages of perks. Sitting pretty at over 50 cakes as well.

Amazing strat. Gonna have to try this.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Just finished off my leon. He's P3 with all perks at level 3. 7 full pages of perks. Sitting pretty at over 50 cakes as well.

Amazing strat. Gonna have to try this.
I mean, it's a meme build. You can however use it to lull survivors into thinking its a meme game, and then have Blood Warden equipped, wait till the EGC and hook one surviror "for points" when there is only 30 seconds left...

Last edited:

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Really thankful for this event. I gave up an account with hundreds of hours of playtime when I switched to Xbox and I feel like by July 15th I'll have pretty much made up for all that Playstation lost progress, for the survivor bloodwebs at least.

Cross-progression would have made this a lot easier obviously but at least all those bloodpoints make me not want to give up right away

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Cross progression isn't going to happen for Xbox and PS. Those companies want you to play on thier platforms. They have no interest in letting you switch platforms when you want.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Really thankful for this event. I gave up an account with hundreds of hours of playtime when I switched to Xbox and I feel like by July 15th I'll have pretty much made up for all that Playstation lost progress, for the survivor bloodwebs at least.

Cross-progression would have made this a lot easier obviously but at least all those bloodpoints make me not want to give up right away
I wish there was cross progress with pc. My pc account is like empty lol

I don't want to start all over again on it. I main ps5 but would like the option for pc for streaming purposes

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Finally managed to get all the perks for Leon at P3. Damn that took forever even with this event! I don't even want to imagine how insane this grind would be without this event lol. Then again, I shouldn't complain since I've P3'd all the male survivors and gotten all the perks for all of them lol.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I think I was overwhelmed leveling everyone because I bought like 12 characters in the past month and trying to do them all at the same time..

My main goal at the moment is to level everyone up to 40 for the teachable perks.

Not sure whether I should bother prestiging anyone.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I think I was overwhelmed leveling everyone because I bought like 12 characters in the past month and trying to do them all at the same time..

My main goal at the moment is to level everyone up to 40 for the teachable perks.

Not sure whether I should bother prestiging anyone.
Only Prestige if you are interested in the default cosmetics + bloody.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
m451t8dnbg971.jpg

Wow, can they make it even more obvious that these have nothing to do with anyone really progressing anything? Lol. I'll bet they just have them all prepared with codes already and give them out over the time of the event regardless. 😅