• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is me or there are not that many cakes on the bloodweb compared to last year?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Its odd, since RE came out, playing survivor, I keep getting on teams that we just get wrecked left and right. Before often was escaping alot, most of the team would be making the exit with minimal casualties. I just feel like been stuck lately on the suck. I lost it or the teams are all kind of borked

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Its odd, since RE came out, playing survivor, I keep getting on teams that we just get wrecked left and right. Before often was escaping alot, most of the team would be making the exit with minimal casualties. I just feel like been stuck lately on the suck. I lost it or the teams are all kind of borked
Makes sense. The RE chapter is bringing a lot of new players and old players who probably haven't played in a while back. If you solo queue a lot, you should be used to it since the experience is inconsistent. Sometimes you'll get good team mates and the majority of the time you'll get terrible survivors lol.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
From my memory it feels the same. Just based on luck as sometimes it's 3 cakes per web, sometimes 0. And of course better chances if you are at 50. Dunno if prestige helps here too as it's supposed to give "better items".

I feel like prestige hurts but that might be placebo. Prestige 3 is only 3% difference than no prestige so it's not like it's ever a huge difference

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Inner Strength is something all survivor mains should get. Too bad most survivors don't know the common totem spots.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Ugh only have enough for 2 currently for tonight, maybe 3 if I level up once. When can I get the new login reward for tomorrow? I'll pick up BBQ and inner strength at least.

I think the next reward is 11am EST and next reset is 8pm EST, but i may be wrong. The first day was like that at least

Also good choice on the 2 perks. If you get a 3rd I'd recommend Hex Devour Hope. Then save up for Hex Undying as it'll probably show up at some point in the event.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Tunneling killers doesn't make me want to use cakes.

Something something game theory in action.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I think the next reward is 11am EST and next reset is 8pm EST, but i may be wrong. The first day was like that at least

Also good choice on the 2 perks. If you get a 3rd I'd recommend Hex Devour Hope. Then save up for Hex Undying as it'll probably show up at some point in the event.

Bleh I be busy in the morning and into late afternoon. XD Devour Hope is tempting, but I want to prioritize the other two.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Developer Update:

TLDR - Pallet stun and grab sever validation (HUGE), remake of survivor models, trickster buff

Short and sweet, but that Pallet stun validation could be a game changer.
This stuff sounds nice.

Not sure about trickster though.
He is definitely one of the least used killers but the difference between a pc trickster and console one is huge.

Accuracy on console is horrible

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I turned up the camera sensitivity on Console and that has helped with Trickster, Plague and Deathslinger alot.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I don't know what's going on lately, but it feels like killers are more susceptible to 360s or 180s than they usually are. It feels really nice. I've juked hits near pallets to circle back and vault without getting hit and that felt so cool.

That Trickster buff seems like it'll be so fucking annoying to face against as a survivor...

At least the degrade is faster at 10 seconds. That could help balance it out.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Meh, I won't have enough to get Devour Hope, as I would need to get through level 10 completely now, and I don't feel like trying a few more matches tonight. XD Oh well, maybe Ruin will come around.

Shall see if I get in the mood of messing around with Nemesis and Oni this weekend. I just not doing too well with solo queue these last couple of days ha ha.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I might actually leave Devour Hope since the Hag is free on console anyway, but I'd have to buy Nancy and then level her up if I wanted Inner Strength so I'll probably just buy the perk. Seems really handy to have.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Mostly my experience this event 😂. At this point I just tell em their 4k was sick and move on.

Like nice job 4 man sluggin at 5 gens just to get 5 hook 4k. Super optimal gameplay Mr Killer 😎

IMG_20210703_113034.jpg

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, the requirement for survivors really should just be to complete a trial whether you die or escape.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Cakes are so random.

Virtually every Web I was getting 1-2 cakes with freddy.

Levelled up Nancy and Adam 20 levels each and only got 4 cakes between em.

The hell? 😤

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the matches I've been in since the event started have been relatively chill. Some too chill in fact. A couple AFK Killers, likely trying to just let Survivors farm, but it just leads to bad scores in some categories and safety pipping at best. I'd rather just play normal matches at that point.

Cakes are so random.

Virtually every Web I was getting 1-2 cakes with freddy.

Levelled up Nancy and Adam 20 levels each and only got 4 cakes between em.

The hell? 😤
Survivors have all the other anniversary items as possible spawns in their webs. I wouldn't be surprised if that throws off the probability of getting cakes.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I think out of all the matches I've played as survivor I've only had one or two killers willing to farm lol. Every other match is a regular match or a match where the killer plays extremely scummy! Kind of weird because in previous events, a ton of killers are willing to farm!

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Lethal Pursuer and Corrupt Intervention. See survivor spawn in right next to my Ruin totem and they get it within seconds.

Pursuer is great for revealing how terrible the spawns are.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If im not wrong, licensed characters cant even unlock the crowns right?

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cheryl got the four perks I wanted to purple rarity at level 46. Kindred, Soul Guard, Borrowed Time and Deliverance. Seems to work rather well. I'll probably end up dropping Soul Guard, though. I very rarely ever get out of the dying state so it probably doesn't help much. Maybe I should grab the perk that tells you where the hatch is because there's nothing more annoying than being the last survivor and not being able to find the hatch. 😂

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
This stuff sounds nice.

Not sure about trickster though.
He is definitely one of the least used killers but the difference between a pc trickster and console one is huge.

Accuracy on console is horrible
I actually think he'll be more popular on console after the buff. His power is much more forgiving than other ranged killers like Huntress and Deathslinger where missing costs you.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Just hoping for Tinkerer, Hex: Retribution and Pop Goes The Weasel to hopefully appear in the shrine and I've got all the killer perks I want.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One good thing about the match I just lost against the Doctor is now I know just how huge his range is. The Silent Hill map has that pretty large courtyard and his ability hit a player the full length of that courtyard away. So you really can't be anywhere near the guy at all because he will just use his ability and not only see where everyone is but interrupt them too. Really have to get as far away from him as possible at all times. I guess the terror radius is the best shot I have of knowing how far away I can be because I s'pose if I can hear it, the Doctor can hit me with his ability.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Yep, play doctor with Distressing to make terror radius huge and hit everyone to farm points.

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Is it me or have killer queues been longer since the event started? They used to be instant more or less but know I find playing as survivor has quicker queue times.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to play a bit of Legion and holy shit that iridescent add-on that lets you break pallets while vaulting and expands your terror radius to cover the entire map whenever you enter frenzy mode is amazing. Was fortunate to get Lery's as the map. Killed everyone before they even got one gen done

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or have killer queues been longer since the event started? They used to be instant more or less but know I find playing as survivor has quicker queue times.
More players returning to the playerbase for the event was gonna lead to some kind of queue time issues. I guess I was expecting it to be more of a Survivor issue since there's generally more of them at any given time but I guess a lot of Killers were taking a break.