• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Got Bill to lv35 so now I can focus on levelling Cheryl and getting her the perks I want. I think I'm going to run Borrowed Time, Deliverance, Resurgence and Kindred. I figure it's a nice combination.

Kindred will let me know where everyone is when someone is hooked and if the killer is near them (or what direction the killer left), Borrowed Time will make it easier for people I unhook to escape, Deliverance will give me a free unhook for myself after I've unhooked someone else first and Resurgence means I'll spend less time healing afterwards.

I'm pretty sure deliverance will negate resurgence jsyk. After your broken status ends you'll most likely be at 0% progress

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'know there needs to be some kind of refund or something for when your team doesn't lift a finger to help you even once, regardless of how many generators you power up and how many people you unhook.

I'm kinda getting wary that the higher my ranking gets, the less other people actually help anyone.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Haven't played in a long time, need to get out of these brown ranks fast. Games just don't progress at all here.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So today's perks are Agitation (The Trapper), Empathy (Claudette), Overcharge (The Doctor) and Windows of Opportunity (Kate).

Empathy seems quite nice. 128 metres is a pretty significant range and you'll always know where the killer is because a freshly injured player is probably running from them. 😅

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Agitation is honestly such an underrated perk. When you carry a survivor as killer it's the same speed with all killers at 92% or 3.68m/s. Since you can't lunge while carrying somebody this means that survivors can forever run away without you catching up. With tier 3 Agitation you run at 4.34m/s. That's only 0.06m/s slower than a standard 110% or 4.4m/s killer. Not only is this nice for catching up to survivors, but it's also just nice for getting people to further hooks. You effectively can go to hooks 18% further away from your pick up spot. You will fall in love with the hook speed if you're used to the slog walk of getting a survivor hooked.

The increased terror radius is a dead giveaway if you're survivor, but for certain builds it can be a nice addition. It's best combos are Mad Grit (Legion) and Starstruck (Trickster). You'll definitely get use out of this perk. It's a better counter to flashlights than Lightborn is imo.

If you're new to survivor and want to learn maps then pick up Windows of Opportunity. It's such a nice way to figure out where is safe to go. Get more advanced with your survivor play by using windows to think up chains and how different loops can tie into each other. That's where the real podracing begins!

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Agitation is honestly such an underrated perk. When you carry a survivor as killer it's the same speed with all killers at 92% or 3.68m/s. Since you can't lunge while carrying somebody this means that survivors can forever run away without you catching up. With tier 3 Agitation you run at 4.34m/s. That's only 0.06m/s slower than a standard 110% or 4.4m/s killer. Not only is this nice for catching up to survivors, but it's also just nice for getting people to further hooks. You effectively can go to hooks 18% further away from your pick up spot. You will fall in love with the hook speed if you're used to the slog walk of getting a survivor hooked.

The increased terror radius is a dead giveaway if you're survivor, but for certain builds it can be a nice addition. It's best combos are Mad Grit (Legion) and Starstruck (Trickster). You'll definitely get use out of this perk. It's a better counter to flashlights than Lightborn is imo.

If you're new to survivor and want to learn maps then pick up Windows of Opportunity. It's such a nice way to figure out where is safe to go. Get more advanced with your survivor play by using windows to think up chains and how different loops can tie into each other. That's where the real podracing begins!
How so?

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

Because you can catch up and hit em.

Lightborn only helps if you're caught out. I don't remember the last time somebody got a flashlight save on me as killer. If you are aware of your surroundings it's pretty easy to avoid getting caught out. I can tell you plenty of times that agitation has gotten me a down on an overly altruistic teammate though.

Especially when they try to blind while you're already walking. Using the flashlight slows them down pretty hard, so with agitation you can catch them with their pants down pretty frequently. I've won a lot of games off the back off a quick agitation down for a big snowball.

You can even combo it with lightborn, which is quite fun. You just run at em while staring their flashlight straight on.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California

A staple for super slow killers like Huntress and Trickster IMO. It's amazing on them because they can travel the map so much faster to make up for their slow movement speed with Agitation.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Because you can catch up and hit em.

Lightborn only helps if you're caught out. I don't remember the last time somebody got a flashlight save on me as killer. If you are aware of your surroundings it's pretty easy to avoid getting caught out. I can tell you plenty of times that agitation has gotten me a down on an overly altruistic teammate though.

Especially when they try to blind while you're already walking. Using the flashlight slows them down pretty hard, so with agitation you can catch them with their pants down pretty frequently. I've won a lot of games off the back off a quick agitation down for a big snowball.

You can even combo it with lightborn, which is quite fun. You just run at em while staring their flashlight straight on.
Oh! When they are going for the save. Yeah I get that now!

Since I'm still down in the gray ranks I actually laugh at survivors who try to flashlight stun me while I'm chasing them.

I just lunge and get the hit. I always say, "I can still hold m1 even as you blind me"

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I played Wraith for the first time tonight because of a Daily Ritual. Had no cake.

Nor did any of the Survivors.

We played half a normal game and then it seemed the other players got that I was new to the killer and we started farming for the rest of the gens. It was fun.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I was looking at some Oni stuff since he is one of the couple original killers I am interested in checking, and whew that dash he can do. I think I would scream if I saw him dashing towards me. XD

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
I know it must be bad out there right now because the amount of kind words and complimants I've been getting as a Freddy player tonight far surpasses any amount of praise I've received in a year. Just been 2 hooking and messing around with survivors letting them farm and escape. Sheesh.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I know it must be bad out there right now because the amount of kind words and complimants I've been getting as a Freddy player tonight far surpasses any amount of praise I've received in a year. Just been 2 hooking and messing around with survivors letting them farm and escape. Sheesh.
Funny you mentioned that cuz I just wrapped up a match against Freddy where he tunneled everyone off the hook. He targeted this Leon and my team of randoms tried so hard to tank hits and prevent the third hook, but no dice. That Leon didn't even get to enjoy the game. Once he was out, he did the same thing to everyone else. Only one escape, but it was such a terrible match.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
Funny you mentioned that cuz I just wrapped up a match against Freddy where he tunneled everyone off the hook. He targeted this Leon and my team of randoms tried so hard to tank hits and prevent the third hook, but no dice. That Leon didn't even get to enjoy the game. Once he was out, he did the same thing to everyone else. Only one escape, but it was such a terrible match.
I'm sure Freddy has earned his reputation because honestly in the matches I've played against him they tend to be super sweaty. Sucks that people (even without the event going) decide that they would rather end the match 2 minutes in and for little to no reward. I like to prolong my matches as long as I can and have fun atleast, the numbers don't really mean anything to me.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Man, I finally saw the RPD building, and was playing as Nemmy, but then I had some BAD freezes that I ended up force quitting the game. :/ Bunch of cake offerings wasted too I suppose. Don't know if it my computer, or the map still has some issues, or both.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
5 cake game and the killer farmed 😎

219,000 bloodpoints in a single survivor game.

Congrats, whenever I see killer who want to farm, they're too f'n stupid to even know how it works and doesn't even let you have safe hooks. (Seriously, that happens all the time and let's my blood boil immediately, like, you should f'n know that if you play the game for more than 3 minutes!)
Or they are just 100% egoistical and give you nothing after hanging up everyone.

I gave up farming with killers a long time ago, it doesn't work in 90% of the time.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
5 cakes & BBQ:

unknown.png

work.jpg

Accidently murdered the Ace though as I lost track he went to 2nd stage on hook :(

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Played what seemed like a troll SWF group last night. Like 3 flashlights and they all had Head On. Seemed designed for maximum killer stuns. But I just slapped on lightborn and ended up downing like 3 of them almost immediately as they tried to flashlight me in that one closed off room in the meat plant. I let the last survivor pick them up and then farmed with them with the usual hooking and testing out locker/head on mechanics. But because of the toxic nature of the build I didn't want to *just* let them farm for what would normally be a very frustrating game for a killer. So I created a situation where three of them were going to bleed out and the last survivor had to choose who to save, like a real Make Your Choice. Then finished up farming with the remaining two survivors. Pretty chill, I think almost everyone had like 30k BP base not including cakes at the end and they gave me their items.

Last edited:

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
RCPD is a shit map, like it is really really bad as a dbd map. Has no business being one but hey it has nice graphics. It is way way way too large.

It's impossible to track people and chase on it also. I don't know how many times i've lost people on it because of it being dark or some bug removing scratch marks or something.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
RCPD is a shit map, like it is really really bad as a dbd map. Has no business being one but hey it has nice graphics. It is way way way too large.

It's impossible to track people and chase on it also. I don't know how many times i've lost people on it because of it being dark or some bug removing scratch marks or something.

I love this map, I know it's hated by 90% of the community, but I just haven't played it enough to really "hate" it or so, I need more experience on it and so far I love how different it is, but I have the feeling the community is in general negative to every new map that we get, so it doesn't really surprise me.

I know a lot of people hate Haddonfield too and that is probably my favorite map in the game, just because it's so different in comparison to every other map, looks completely different, unique layout and plays different.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
I love this map, I know it's hated by 90% of the community, but I just haven't played it enough to really "hate" it or so, I need more experience on it and so far I love how different it is, but I have the feeling the community is in general negative to every new map that we get, so it doesn't really surprise me.

I know a lot of people hate Haddonfield too and that is probably my favorite map in the game, just because it's so different in comparison to every other map, looks completely different, unique layout and plays different.

Yes i hate Haddonfield too with a passion. But i play killer not survivor so. Unless you main survivor a huge indoor map is a bad time.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
If a killer DCs on Haddonfield I understand.

Worst map in the game. Fundamentally broken as well as it has infinite loop spots where the killer cannot catch up. Here's a video where the killer decides to throw just to show how broken main building is against good survivors. For reference, Coco is one of the best huntress players in the game.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
If a killer DCs on Haddonfield I understand.

Worst map in the game. Fundamentally broken as well as it has infinite loop spots where the killer cannot catch up. Here's a video where the killer decides to throw just to show how broken main building is against good survivors. For reference, Coco is one of the best huntress players in the game.

Thanks god I'm neither a top tier killer nor top tier survivor I guess. 🤷‍♂️
I'm not winning more games with the people I play just because I'm on a specific map, every map can be an escape or 4K for the killer without any problem.
As a main survivor player I love how Haddonfield plays, not because of strong loops or shit, but because it's just different in general, and not just one big place with pallets and wood structures which mostly feel like a color swap between each other like most maps in the game. Maps like red forest, wreckers yard, the farm map or the snow map. Most feel too similar which is of course, a pro for balance, but for someone like me who just wants to have fun, it's always a super f'n boring approach, I couldn't care less for pro gamers or e-sports.

Yeh easily my favourite map of the game

Nice to hear. 👍

Last edited:

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Thanks god I'm neither a top tier killer nor too tier survivor I guess. 🤷‍♂️
I'm not winning more games with the people I play just because I'm on a specific map, every map can be an escape or 4K for the killer without any problem.
As a main survivor players I love how Haddonfield plays, not because of strong loops or shit, but because it's just different in general, and not just one big place with pallets and wood structures with mostly a color swap like most maps in the game like red forest, wreckers yard, the farm map or the snow map. Most feel too similar which is of course, a pro for balance, but for someone like me who just wants to have fun, it's always a super f'n boring approach, I couldn't care less for pro gamers or e-sports.

Nice to hear. 👍

Sure you can like it, I'm sure plenty of people do. It doesn't change how it's broken. They can keep the aesthetic and general design tho while fixing the things that are broken.

Stuff like the basement house are much better when they block out the back of the stairs for example. That house is absolute hell on Haddonfield, but the same house is perfectly fine on the Freddy Map as they fixed the things that make it unplayable as killer.

Add some side doors to houses with breakable walls, remove some of the dead houses and put something like a playground that has usable tiles even.

On the main house, add doors that go to the balcony. You can also do things like refine the fences RNG so you don't get house spawns where the entire thing is covered in a fence with no gaps.

It is just really overdue for it's remake and it's age is showing as it's the oldest map that hasn't been remade.

Bloodlust was added because every map had broken infinites just like haddonfield does now. Once they fix Haddonfield they might finally be able to remove bloodlust for good, which would make looping as survivor reward good gameplay instead of running from pallet to pallet.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
It is just really overdue for it's remake and it's age is showing as it's the oldest map that hasn't been remade.

Wasn't it planned to remake this map anyway just like the rest? Then it's just a matter of time. 🤷‍♂️
Who knows, since we won't get any new map after RPD for who knows how long, that means the next remake can drop at any new chapter I guess.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Wasn't it planned to remake this map anyway just like the rest? Then it's just a matter of time. 🤷‍♂️
Who knows, since we won't get any new Mal after RPD for who knows how long, that means the next remake can drop at any new chapter I guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got Backwater Swamp remake teased in the dev update today. Only ones left I think are Haddonfield, Mother's Dwelling and Backwater Swamp.

Im hoping Haddonfield remake is around the time of the new movie, along with new skins. There were rumors that they reupped a contract with the Halloween IP holders so it's my hope right now.

After all the maps are remade we'll probably get new maps on the reg again. Up until Ghostface, every new killer had a new map release with them. They've just slowed down while they focus on the remakes.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
As a head's up, we have been seeing reports of preferences being reset (such as perks and cosmetics) for Dwight and Trapper after playing the tutorial. This bug does not revert any progress, but is something the team is aware of and will be resolved in the near future!

Dudes, this affects ALL characters and ALL killers for every player who did the full tutorial and was widely spread around 10 minutes after the patch went live.
So what kind of reports are they f'n reading??? No wonder this company feels so disengaged with their own game and community often times.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Dudes, this affects ALL characters and ALL killers for every player who did the full tutorial and was widely spread around 10 minutes after the patch went live.
So what kind of reports are they f'n reading??? No wonder this company feels so disengaged with their own game and community often times.

That was fixed in the hot fix and was for the bot matches

There's a separate glitch where it resets the perks of whichever character that you play in the tutorial which is only Trapper and Dwight.

DBD things

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
That was fixed in the hot fix and was for the bot matches

There's a separate glitch where it resets the perks of whichever character that you play in the tutorial which is only Trapper and Dwight.

DBD things

Ah alright, so they fixed it happening to everyone but it still happens to the ones you play, lol, sounds a like a DBD fix for sure. 😅

Unfortunately it hit me before the hotfix and it's really annoying when you own almost all characters and had them all equipped with cosmetics and different loadouts for different situations. 😓

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Ah alright, so they fixed it happening to everyone but it still happens to the ones you play, lol, sounds a like a DBD fix for sure. 😅

Unfortunately it hit me before the hotfix and it's really annoying when you own almost all characters and had them all equipped with cosmetics and different loadouts for different situations. 😓

Same 😥

I gave up after the no fun patrol patched out my glitched ghostface and did the bot matches to help level up my leon. I'm still nowhere near having my load outs fixed.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have two quests for the Trapper. Just need to sacrifice two players and catch three in traps for a sweet 60k.

…this is going to go horribly. 😅