• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Dammit. Had a match with three DCs almost immediately. The last person was hurt but had earned the crown. When I downed them I started to carry them to the hatch and they AFKd until DC.

I WAS TRYING TO BE NICE I SWEAR!!

Creepy Doll

Jun 20, 2021
So... I know the crown bug is fixed but are people still losing bloodpoints and bloodweb levels? And is the sync error still prevalent?

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Corrupt Intervention and Deliverance are the stand outs on the shrine. They all refresh 24 hours from now so act quick!

Corrupt Intervention blocks the 3 furthest gens from your spawn as killer for 180 seconds at tier 3. This forces survivors to come to you in the early game.

Deliverance lets you pull yourself off the hook if you get a safe unhook first. This comes in crazy clutch and if your teammates know you have it, it removes all pressure killer gained from hookin you

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy to hear the perks are so good. Maybe they're hoping you can't possibly have enough shards to buy them all so they're putting good ones in there every day. 😂

I can't afford both of the good ones right now so I think I'll grab Corrupt Intervention (since I don't have The Plague and I don't really want to unlock her and level her all the way up to 30) and either grind some levels so I can buy Deliverance too or hope we get more shards today. 🤔

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Man, it feels so fucking good earning 100k BP as a survivor with all these can offerings. ❤ Will try killer later tonight when all the sweat fest happens!

I've gotten most of the survivor crowns so far. Missing: Elodie, Yun-Jin, Yui, and Zarina!

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Finally a game where there's four cakes on offer and we get an AFK, a quick DC and a Wraith who's really not interested in giving us some pity bloodpoints.

Gotta love it

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Did some survivor rounds for tonight, and lets see how my first encounter with the shape will turn ou-

E5MX2oCUcAApKK1

Yeah pretty much. XD I did get Meg to lv 30, and got her first teachable perk through. I guessing those won't appear till 30+ for other characters?

And I was wondering about the crown, but I honestly do not like how they look, so I won't bother. :P

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Did some survivor rounds for tonight, and lets see how my first encounter with the shape will turn ou-

E5MX2oCUcAApKK1

Yeah pretty much. XD I did get Meg to lv 30, and got her first teachable perk through. I guessing those won't appear till 30+ for other characters?

And I was wondering about the crown, but I honestly do not like how they look, so I won't bother. :P
Teachable perks can show up straight away for other survivors/killers.
It's all random though.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Got Leon (in my case Chris) to prestige 3 and this will likely be the only character I do this with.

Now to muck around on Pig for the first time with 13 cakes :D

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Is the RPD map offline again? Played like 10 hours already in this event and I've got this map zero times.

The cakes are overrated anyway, by the way, having mostly 3 cakes in a match and even with really good rounds, having like gold, red, red, silver, going out with 86k in the end seems kinda unspectacular.

It's good, but if you don't have 5 cakes in a match, it's still only kind ok and half of what the normal gain should be. 😅

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Already got my leon to level 50 after getting p3 today. Grinding out perks right now. He's sitting at a fat 18 cakes already, even with using 1 per game.

Is the RPD map offline again? Played like 10 hours already in this event and I've got this map zero times.

The cakes are overrated anyway, by the way, having mostly 3 cakes in a match and even with really good rounds, having like gold, red, red, silver, going out with 86k in the end seems kinda unspectacular.

It's good, but if you don't have 5 cakes in a match, it's still only kind ok and half of what the normal gain should be. 😅

I got an RPD match last night.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
😂😂

I love killers who are helping out with boosting xD just got 150k from a match.

I wish this was the norm!

I have 22 cakes on The Pig who I have never played and I am just practising and trying not to murder anyone and let them farm a bit each game.

Good practice for ambushes and I get to see them all leave with 20k+ baseline score before cake.

2ohgg5.jpg

Being a time limited event I can only shake my head at killers tunnelling and face camping people out of matches as soon as possible.

Also any killer using a pudding when they possibly have a cake is a big fat arse.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I have 22 cakes on The Pig who I have never played and I am just practising and trying not to murder anyone and let them farm a bit each game.

Good practice for ambushes and I get to see them all leave with 20k+ baseline score before cake.

2ohgg5.jpg

Being a time limited event I can only shake my head at killers tunnelling and face camping people out of matches as soon as possible.

Also any killer using a pudding when they possibly have a cake is a big fat arse.
Make sure you let them boop the snoot.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
To be fair, they only said to boycott spending money. Gotta make them pay for the servers.

I did see a couple yun jins with the new cosmetics last night so take that reddit!!

2ohgg5.jpg

o7

Wish I had you in my killer lobbies. I've had some sweaty killers, but that's my fault for being in red ranks tbf

Did have quite a few amazing chases though. Ran a mikey in a 3v1 long enough to get all gens done.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
What's the best way to help survivors get the most of the cakes?

Run borrowed time to get unhooks. Do totems for free blodness points. Run prove thyself to cap out on objective points quick.

Otherwise just try to help your teammates and do objectives really.

Oh survivors as the killer. Yeah let them stun you with pallets. maybe pick a survivor up and stand under a pallet so they can get a pallet save. Spread out your hits so they get points for healing. Keep mental track of hook states so you don't accidentally kill somebody early.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Chase them without slugging them, let them escape at the end
Taking the pallet stun
Letting them flash light blind
Letting them get safe unhooks

Stuff like that. But at the same time you need to keep the pressure on and you should do at least two hooks per Survivor. As much as you want to help the players out you want to help yourself out too.

Edit - Misunderstood these suggestions are for Killers helping survivors.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Chase them, let them pallet stun you, and hook people so they get altruism points. You can 2 hook everyone without killing them and they SHOULD get a ton of BP from the cakes! You can just signal them to farm by either swinging your weapon in the air or just by nodding yes when they see you and see if they understand your intention to farm!

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
If you want to try and get survivors to farm, walk up and hit a generator with your weapon while standing still. Or in a chase smack a pallet over and over again and they'll catch on.

Don't expect all survivors to want to farm though. They might just try and loop the shit outta you

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Good point. I thought it would be safe to assume anyone coming in with BP offerings want to farm but had someone DC last night on first down. I'll never understand.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I've been running flashbang a lot. It might be one of my favorite perks at the moment. It's so goofy and fun. It's just nice even when it's not effective.

Amazing against a wraith as well since they can't look away to prevent the lightburn.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
After a decent start to the match on coldwind farm as pig I decided to try and play as best as I could.

Ended up getting a 4k for the first time and even pulled off the ambush off the ramp of the harvester onto the hay bales I have seen a few times.

I'm now up to 35+ cakes so I will balance this horrific murder with some more farming.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Just quit a match where all four survivors were in dying state after the first three minutes

Absolute brain dead play from everyone involved

I totally blame the cakes from making everybody utter shit

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got Bill to lv35 so now I can focus on levelling Cheryl and getting her the perks I want. I think I'm going to run Borrowed Time, Deliverance, Resurgence and Kindred. I figure it's a nice combination.

Kindred will let me know where everyone is when someone is hooked and if the killer is near them (or what direction the killer left), Borrowed Time will make it easier for people I unhook to escape, Deliverance will give me a free unhook for myself after I've unhooked someone else first and Resurgence means I'll spend less time healing afterwards.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oof got the RPD for the first time. First thing in awhile that i've heard make my PS5 actually make enough noise for me to actually hear