• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
And that's why you don't freak out and harass devs over leaked datamined code that the swarming masses don't fully understand.

Curious what the personal aspect of the item is, shame they had to semi-spoil it because of this.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
And that's why you don't freak out and harass devs over leaked datamined code that the swarming masses don't fully understand.

Curious what the personal aspect of the item is, shame they had to semi-spoil it because of this.

Ehhhhh. Let's be real here, If the datamine and shitstorm didn't happen, they wouldn't be fixed at event start and we would have the same situation as last year. The only reason they are stackable at start is the "freak out".

Yeah how good exactly is Dbdleaks's record? It seems to me they get a lot more wrong than right.

Lol?
They didn't get anything wrong. That was the live code in the game right now that was supposed to get activated in a few days, don't tell me you fall for these kind of dev postings? Jesus.
Just because they didn't acknowledge the problem doesn't mean there was none, you should rather thank leakdbd for the awareness.

Last edited:

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Ehhhhh. Let's be real here, If the datamine and shitstorm didn't happen, they wouldn't be fixed at event start and we would have the same situation as last year. The only reason they are stackable at start is the "freak out".
No, they saw the code in place for the personal aspect of the item and made a huge assumption and people started freaking out because this community loves to treat the devs like garbage and imagine they secretly hate their playerbase. Every anniversary BP item has stacked, there was a bug one year. This controversy was ridiculous.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Great to hear. Grind will become much more bearable with this event.

Need to start banking BP so I can get a ton of anniversary cakes on my main survivor and killer.

Oct 4, 2020
Scotland
Having so much fun playing Pyramid Head, but I'm now definitely reaching that level where the game is putting me into matches against people 5-10 levels above me. I really don't think I should be playing against rank 5 survivors when I'm level 16! It's where the game starts to become really unfun for me.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess now would be a good time to prestige so it costs less to get those cakes to begin with

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nemesis is by far my favorite killer at this point. Getting to mutation level 3 and then just absolutely terrorizing people is amazing.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having so much fun playing Pyramid Head, but I'm now definitely reaching that level where the game is putting me into matches against people 5-10 levels above me. I really don't think I should be playing against rank 5 survivors when I'm level 16! It's where the game starts to become really unfun for me.

Its one of the pitfalls of the matchmaking and having asymmetrical multiplayer. The Survivors can just group with friends and sometimes those friends are several ranks ahead of you .

Creepy Doll

Jun 20, 2021
I'm still on level one of the tome challenges... I do not think I'll finish it before the rift closes. 😅 One of these days I'll play enough to finish a rift again..

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Man, getting basically double the BP as killer each match really means I should play killer to optimize, but... I generally feel like I have to try harder as killer whereas as survivor I can chill a bit more usually.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I didn't mind the BP grind when I didn't have that many dlc characters. But now that I've got 90% of the characters, It feels like I'm not getting anywhere with leveling!

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I also have 90% of the characters but besides 3 or 4 I have them all on 50 or somewhere in prestige. BP grind was never a problem for me. Leon is already on 50 and Jill and Nemesis are also on Level 40+ already and I didn't went in with 1mill BP points, I mostly spend them once I have 100k.

But in general they should tweak the system, absolutely.

What I do like about the archives and what many maybe doesn't even know is that you can go into any old Tome and still do all the challenges with all the BP rewards. You won't get rift fragments, but still the 30-50k BP per challenge.

Creepy Doll

Jun 20, 2021
Man, getting basically double the BP as killer each match really means I should play killer to optimize, but... I generally feel like I have to try harder as killer whereas as survivor I can chill a bit more usually.

I understand that, I actually prefer playing as killer but once you start ranking up you have to try harder and harder so I mostly play survivor nowadays,

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it would be a boon to get rid of perk tiers. Would make perks more straightforward and the tier 1&2 lasts such a small amount of time too that it seems silly to even have them. I think they are only there still just to prolong the grind and increase "player retention" :P

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've been tunnelled more in the past two weeks than I have since I started playing this game thanks to Nemesis' Lethal Pursuer perk. Sick of it.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting a lot more comfortable with the game in general. I'm still no good at looping or whatever it's called but I've been making mental notes of the nearest palettes and windows to jump through so I can at least get away and I avoid windows you can't jump through head on because John Wolfe pointed out the difference between good vaults and bad ones. Seems I need to level up Claudette and Bill so I can unlock Self-Care and Borrowed Time for other characters. If the only difference between characters, assuming they all have the same perks available to them, is purely cosmetic then I'm totally playing Cheryl all the time. 🤔

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Getting a lot more comfortable with the game in general. I'm still no good at looping or whatever it's called but I've been making mental notes of the nearest palettes and windows to jump through so I can at least get away and I avoid windows you can't jump through head on because John Wolfe pointed out the difference between good vaults and bad ones. Seems I need to level up Claudette and Bill so I can unlock Self-Care and Borrowed Time for other characters. If the only difference between characters, assuming they all have the same perks available to them, is purely cosmetic then I'm totally playing Cheryl all the time. 🤔
Yeah the survivors all play the same except perks so when you unlock all the perks you want then it's just cosmetics.

And yeah the John Wolfe stream where he plays the tutorial and basically explains even more like "God pallets and windows" and "good vaults and bad vaults" was probably one of the most informative things I've ever watched for DBD even everyone's go to streams and you tubers didn't make me understand as well.

As for me I played survivor with my partner for about 3 hours today. First time I've touch a survivor in a long time. Had a lot of fun though and even Looped Nemesis around the Game map for about two minutes!

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah on an overall level they are identical. However there are some minor differences in character size, visibility and how much noise they make when injured.

Check this if interested,

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yeah on an overall level they are identical. However there are some minor differences in character size, visibility and how much noise they make when injured.

Check this if interested,

You know I just realized that this is probably why they patched survivor cosmetic glitch.

The glitch does change visibility and size.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I just versed a Myers that didn't level up his evil within, on memorial institute, so you basically can't see/hear him coming until the last second. Such bullshit lol

Edit: oh looking at his build, it's setup for tier 1 xD God dammit!

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Had a couple not good matches, and one that was kind of weird, but everyone escaped. Think the Wrath was just messing around really ha ha.

Also I think Bubba is a greater nemesis to me than the actual Nemesis. XD

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I just versed a Myers that didn't level up his evil within, on memorial institute, so you basically can't see/hear him coming until the last second. Such bullshit lol

Edit: oh looking at his build, it's setup for tier 1 xD God dammit!
I enjoy that build on that level in customs with my friends. A lot of fun.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Tier 1 build Myers who can look through walls is super f'n fun, need to run this again.

Man this just reminds me how later killers lack such unique builds, it's so different and fun.

Elster

Jun 6, 2021
So if I wanted to try the game out should I get the base game and SH chapter or the big silent hill bundle on steam? The former is cheaper but the latter seems to come with a lot of neat stuff.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Silent Hill bundle has some good killers/perks. But it does mean you're committing a bit more. I generally like getting more killers because it keeps the game fresher.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Been trying to add my SO in the game for a solid hour. Nothing works. She can't find me, I can't find her.
Then she tried on her other PSN account (which she had never launched the game with) and I found that one instantly.
I also can't find two other friends who I know for a fact have the game up to date.

I'm on XSX and they're on PS5 by the way, and everybody has crossplay enabled of course. So annoying ugh

Aia

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Been trying to add my SO in the game for a solid hour. Nothing works. She can't find me, I can't find her.
Then she tried on her other PSN account (which she had never launched the game with) and I found that one instantly.
I also can't find two other friends who I know for a fact have the game up to date.

I'm on XSX and they're on PS5 by the way, and everybody has crossplay enabled of course. So annoying ugh
Add them as friend in-game.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017

PlayStation privacy settings sometimes also prevent these, make sure to enable game invites etc as public and not friends only.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Getting a lot more comfortable with the game in general. I'm still no good at looping or whatever it's called but I've been making mental notes of the nearest palettes and windows to jump through so I can at least get away and I avoid windows you can't jump through head on because John Wolfe pointed out the difference between good vaults and bad ones. Seems I need to level up Claudette and Bill so I can unlock Self-Care and Borrowed Time for other characters. If the only difference between characters, assuming they all have the same perks available to them, is purely cosmetic then I'm totally playing Cheryl all the time.

Bill 100%, Borrowed Time is very great.

Self-Care... it has it's uses but it's more of a new player trap than anything else. The amount of time you waste healing yourself when you could be doing a gen or helping another survivor is too much. Especially since it feeds into other new player mistakes. Don't get me wrong, I used stuff like it and Spine Chill when I was starting out too. But if you really want to heal yourself, it's better just to bring a medkit and use that perk slot on something more useful. Alternatively, when someone unhooks you, just follow them and have them heal you, then you can work on a gen together.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bill 100%, Borrowed Time is very great.

Self-Care... it has it's uses but it's more of a new player trap than anything else. The amount of time you waste healing yourself when you could be doing a gen or helping another survivor is too much. Especially since it feeds into other new player mistakes. Don't get me wrong, I used stuff like it and Spine Chill when I was starting out too. But if you really want to heal yourself, it's better just to bring a medkit and use that perk slot on something more useful. Alternatively, when someone unhooks you, just follow them and have them heal you, then you can work on a gen together.

Hmm… so what do you suggest then? I really like the sound of Babysitter so if it's good I could buy Steve and I also like the sound of Flip-Flop and I already bought Ash… 🤔

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Think I might grab either Halloween or Ghost Face DLC by the end of the sale. I don't know how much I am going to end up dipping into Killers, but Micheal and Ghost Face looks like interesting killers and maybe more on the simple side?

I hate all of these cool license stuff being a thing here. XD I fucking love RE, SH, Halloween, Scream, and oh I gotta get Freddy at some point too ha ha. Although if killers are going to be even more of a grind, I will definitely not dive into that side much.

I probably just putting the 9k shards towards the shrine, especially if the perks there goes on sale also.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Michael and Ghostface are really good killers. Michael takes some practice in timing in my opinion.

I've been playing Freddy a lot lately and been having a blast. He's got a very small learning curve as well.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Self-Care... it has it's uses but it's more of a new player trap than anything else.
Self-Care plus the new Leon silent healing perk is a ridiculously good combo tho. I can't count anymore the amount of times I loose a killer just because I stop in a corner and start healing, it's so good.
Also healing others with that Leon perk also saved their asses so often already, it's crazy how bold you can stay right besides the killer and just keep healing and they run straight past, that perk is legitimately awesome.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Michael and Ghostface are really good killers. Michael takes some practice in timing in my opinion.

I've been playing Freddy a lot lately and been having a blast. He's got a very small learning curve as well.

The whole getting survivors to sleep looks kind of cool. XD Too bad they didn't get Nancy in the game too, and focus on the remake that doesn't sound good, but I haven't seen it.

Maybe if the characters goes on sale again in store during the anniversary event, I might move him up to the killer I want to check out.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Self-Care plus the new Leon silent healing perk is a ridiculously good combo tho. I can't count anymore the amount of times I loose a killer just because I stop in a corner and start healing, it's so good.
Also healing others with that Leon perk also saved their asses so often already, it's crazy how bold you can stay right besides the killer and just keep healing and they run straight past, that perk is legitimately awesome.
The new Leon perk is amazing, true, but you could just as easily do that much faster with even a basic medkit, and do it twice with a decent one. The amount of time you lose self-caring just isn't worth it. Even with medkits you shouldn't be stopping to heal yourself more than a few times.

Hmm… so what do you suggest then? I really like the sound of Babysitter so if it's good I could buy Steve and I also like the sound of Flip-Flop and I already bought Ash… 🤔
There's a lot of good perks. For beginners, I would suggest...

1 Information Perk.
I recommend either Bond or Kindred.
You get Bond from Dwight and it lets you see nearby Survivors. This comes in handy in a few ways. It lets you see if someone is around you that can heal you or needs healing, it lets you meet up with other people to tackle a gen together, and perhaps most importantly if you're in a chase it lets you see nearby survivors on gens so you know not to lead the killer in their direction and go another way, so they don't get knocked off the gen.
If you don't want Bond, though, Kindred is just as good. It lets you see where all the other survivors are when someone is hooked and lets all the other survivors see each other when you're hooked. This lets you figure out if you need to go save someone from a hook or if you should stay on a gen. It also lets you see if a killer is camping, since they'll also show up near the survivor. Kindred has the added bonus of not being a teachable perk, so you can start using it early.

1 Exhaustion Perk.
The Exhaustion Perks tend to be the best ones in the game. By far the most useful ones are Dead Hard and Adrenaline. Dead Hard is my favorite but it takes some practice getting used to, so for a new player I actually recommend Sprint Burst, which you learn from Meg, that gives you a speed boost when you start running. Though my advice for using Sprint Burst is to not try and save it too much. You don't want to be crouching or stealthing if the killer isn't near you, that's just wasting time you need to be spending doing gens. The best use of Sprint Burst is for when a killer catches you doing a gen, your initial running away gives you a massive head start and will prolong the chase. I suggest this for beginners because learning the chase is one of the hardest parts of learning Survivor, and this will give you more time at the start of the chase to get a feel for it.

Once you have one of each of those, you can fill out your remaining perks with any of the "meta" ones. They're often boring to see over and over again for longtime players, but they're so common for a reason, and they can give you some wiggle room when learning the game.

A few I recommend:
Borrowed Time (Bill) - Like I said, it's great. In low ranks you run into killers who camp way more than in higher ranks, and Borrowed Time is a great counter to it.
Decisive Strike (Laurie) - This is the anti-tunneling perk, it used to be really overpowered but it's much more balanced now. If the killer is tunneling you off the hook, hitting a skill check when they pick you up will let you escape one time.
Unbreakable (Bill) - And this is the anti-slugging perk. Once per match if a killer leaves you on the ground, you can pick yourself up by recovering.
Iron Will (Jake) - You make no sound while injured. This is THE stealth perk, and once you're more comfortable with the game you can pair this with things like Dead Hard to make for a great "staying injured" build.
Prove Thyself (Dwight) - Get a boost to gen repair speed the more people are on the gen with you.

tl;dr: I think the best Survivors to level up first are Dwight and Bill, as they both have two perks that can serve you well. From there you can do Meg, Laurie, Jake, and David to get the other "meta" perks. And by the time you've done all that you'll likely have enough time put into the game to know what you want next.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
PlayStation privacy settings sometimes also prevent these, make sure to enable game invites etc as public and not friends only.

We play Apex Legends together all the time so the issue seems related to the game.

Not even the player ID # works?

Nope it's like we don't exist to each other.

We played a few games together on her other account, it was a terrible time since we were getting put in lobbies with my level and she started with zero objects or perks obviously.

At least the matchmaking times when playing with friends seem somewhat better than a couple of years ago (I had quit the game because of that issue)

We'll try again tomorrow.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
The whole getting survivors to sleep looks kind of cool. XD Too bad they didn't get Nancy in the game too, and focus on the remake that doesn't sound good, but I haven't seen it.

Maybe if the characters goes on sale again in store during the anniversary event, I might move him up to the killer I want to check out.
Yeah it sucks no Nancy. But I get glee in killing this one:

latest