• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Oh good, I had a teammate who was griefing, and left me in a recover state till I died, only standing around and teabagging me. Simply reported them, but yeesh. Killer left them alone too.

Anyway on the flipside, I had a good match against Ghostface and was able to get adept Leon achievement, along with leaving behind a medkit, while also taking one with me heh.

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
I had a match a while back where it was only me and one other survivor left alive. The other survivor was in a chase with a killer and ran into me, and continued to follow me and try and lead the killer to me.
When they were downed the killer slugged them and they still kept trying to show the killer where I was. They eventually got hooked and I decided to unhook them for some reason, and they still decided to help the killer find me.
They were successful that time....

Sometimes the survivors make the game harder to play than the killers.

Oct 4, 2020
Scotland
Started playing again earlier in the week after not playing for like half a year and honestly the grind has never felt so bad. They really urgently need to address the bloodweb and rework it. The discrepancy between how many bloodpoints you get as survivor vs killer also needs fixed - played one game as killer earlier, got a 4k and I think I probably earned about 5x more than I do on a really good game as a survivor, makes no sense.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Started playing again earlier in the week after not playing for like half a year and honestly the grind has never felt so bad. They really urgently need to address the bloodweb and rework it. The discrepancy between how many bloodpoints you get as survivor vs killer also needs fixed - played one game as killer earlier, got a 4k and I think I probably earned about 5x more than I do on a really good game as a survivor, makes no sense.

Yeah, the BP grind is by far the biggest issue the game is facing right now (personally). I feel like if they wanna ease it up, they should just lower the amounts needed.

But when you have stuff like the cake not being stackable kinda leads into them not giving a damn about the grind. It's bad enough that I personally don't want to do other characters because of it.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Finally played more killer today!!! I've been so intimidated, but I did ok!!!! I know I can get better too.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Finally played more killer today!!! I've been so intimidated, but I did ok!!!! I know I can get better too.

The best thing is to just keep playing and don't let sweaty players get to you.
If the survivors were being jerks the entire game, don't even give them the satisfaction of going to exit gate where they'll just tea bag.
Just chill in the basement and grab a snack lol.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The most stressful thing about killer is that you're on your own. So if the game goes in the trash, you really can't blame anyone but yourself.
But with that said, it can be quite the fun romp with the right survivors.

My typical goal in any killer match is to let everyone have fun and make some dumb self-imposed rules lol.
For example, I try not to tunnel and give things more than enough space. On the same hand, if you manage to use a flashlight on me or something else.
You might've just become a new target lol.

---

The only time I've ever been truly annoyed as killer is with sweaty groups. I remember playing once match and a group of 3 were just pestering the hell out of me.
Got so annoyed that I just killed their weakest link and stood there as they bled out. Any "fair play" was out the window as soon as they were blocking hooks and just being a total nuisance (Since I'm not even that good. Talking like max Level 15-14 before reset).

Elster

Jun 6, 2021
Sorry if these are stupid questions but I'm kinda interested in this game so I'm curious like, I'm mostly really interested in the Silent Hill dlc so could I play mostly as Cheryl if I wanted? Also voice comm stuff makes me anxious so is it necessary in this game?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if these are stupid questions but I'm kinda interested in this game so I'm curious like, I'm mostly really interested in the Silent Hill dlc so could I play mostly as Cheryl if I wanted? Also voice comm stuff makes me anxious so is it necessary in this game?
You can play any survivor you want, yes. You just need to grind bloodwebs to get perks on her.

There is no voice chat, so no.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

There's no voice chat in the game (Only Text and only if you play on PC). As the game is meant to be played "silent" as to make things fairer across the board.
I think it might've had proximity chat back in the day, but that left when crossplay was added.

As for Silent HIll content, you can play as Cheryl (or her other skins) as much as you want. Picking a survivor doesn't lock anyone else from playing as the same survivor. There's even a DBD Bundle that has the SH content already there.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Voice comm is not necessary.

Ive been playing solo for 3 years just fine.
Of course it makes it a bit harder but no way impossible.

Yes you can play exclusively as Cheryl if you want. However to unlock other characters perks, you'll have to spend bloodpoints in their respective blood webs. You don't have to play as them though, just spend the bloodpoints in their webs.

There are challenges though in the rift which you have to use specific characters, however these are completely optional and for the most part you can skip them

Elster

Jun 6, 2021
Thank you guys so much for the informative answers! I'm going to try and snag it during the sale if I can afford!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I couldn't hit people 10m in front of me.
And the survivors I played last night figured that out right away and played with me lol

I typically save my Hatchets for when survivors drop their pallets or if I'm chasing them, I'll shoot where I expect them to go.
Granted, this isn't the higher ranks where I would imagine it gets really hard.

Having perks that hides your character works well. Pyramid Heads perks that hides you until your next hit is very useful for anyone with range attacks.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
The best advice I can give you is to play on your own terms! For me, that usually means to prioritize hooks over kills. I can have a great game and 2 hook everyone and it's fun for both sides. The only exception to this rule is if the survivors are really going out of their way to try and ruin my experience in which case I'll slug as much as possible. Otherwise though, I'd like to think that I'm a pretty fair and fun killer to go against.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
The best thing is to just keep playing and don't let sweaty players get to you.
If the survivors were being jerks the entire game, don't even give them the satisfaction of going to exit gate where they'll just tea bag.
Just chill in the basement and grab a snack lol.
This really is the worst when it happens.In one match I literally had survivors teabagging in front of me goading me to chase them because they knew they could escape me. After the match one of them sent me a message filled with wheelchair emojis, I guess cus I was slow? At one point I just went and stood against the wall so they would just finish the match, but then they stopped repairing gens and stood around teabagging the ground around me. I dont get what enjoyment people would get out of doing that.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This really is the worst when it happens.In one match I literally had survivors teabagging in front of me goading me to chase them because they knew they could escape me. After the match one of them sent me a message filled with wheelchair emojis, I guess cus I was slow? At one point I just went and stood against the wall so they would just finish the match, but then they stopped repairing gens and stood around teabagging the ground around me. I dont get what enjoyment people would get out of doing that.
Yeah I don't get it either. You have to actively be a jerk to get enjoyment from that.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Don't know whos bright idea was it to make a trapper challenge mandatory to move on to the killer only side of the archives, but they should be slapped.

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's terrible for the other survivors but I really do enjoy a good DC as killer when the survivor was being toxic. Had someone teabag after missing a single Deathslinger shot. They then found out that it's possible for him to get you through windows.

I typically save my Hatchets for when survivors drop their pallets or if I'm chasing them, I'll shoot where I expect them to go.
Granted, this isn't the higher ranks where I would imagine it gets really hard.

Having perks that hides your character works well. Pyramid Heads perks that hides you until your next hit is very useful for anyone with range attacks.
Adding onto the huntress tips - Learn the tilesets so you know when to prime your axe after survivors take corners. LT, Jungle Gym and Killer Shack are easy places to get axe hits in because you know they'll hit a window at some point. When they take a corner towards a window loop you prime the axe right before you round the corner and odds are they're too comitted to the vault and you get the hit.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Adding onto the huntress tips - Learn the tilesets so you know when to prime your axe after survivors take corners. LT, Jungle Gym and Killer Shack are easy places to get axe hits in because you know they'll hit a window at some point. When they take a corner towards a window loop you prime the axe right before you round the corner and odds are they're too comitted to the vault and you get the hit.

Excellent Tip.
The best thing about the hatchet (besides range) is punishing survivors on any locked in frames.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
What happens when you complete an entire tomb, specifically the archived ones?
Do they reset?

If they don't, then are the daily challenges the only way to get additional BP besides the obvious perks like BBQ?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
i would, but I have to do a survivor challenge to even go around and that is at minimum 2 matches IF I find the glyph and escape.

Perfect opportunity to say how much I hate these glyph challenges. It's such a random thing and can be really annoying when you ran around the whole map in 5 games and they just don't appear.

And then you still have to escape. 🤮