• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017

100% bang-on from Scott as usual. Perk tiers make zero sense now given how much of them there actually are.
D6Eac4aaGRhFiqq80SXgm59erY27TGdCVY5SIZHVtRA.png

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
If I want to go for the adept achievement, does that mean only using the 3 perks to that character, and leave the 4th slot blank?

I had a really bad match against Leatherface, where I was found like 20 seconds into the match lol, and then had a decent match against the clown, although a survivor was left behind. D: I felt bad for them, although I hope the clown focusing on me while I was leaving gave them time to recover.

Also, that old west town looks great.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
If I want to go for the adept achievement, does that mean only using the 3 perks to that character, and leave the 4th slot blank?

I had a really bad match against Leatherface, where I was found like 20 seconds into the match lol, and then had a decent match against the clown, although a survivor was left behind. D: I felt bad for them, although I hope the clown focusing on me while I was leaving gave them time to recover.

Also, that old west town looks great.

That's exactly it.

For survivor adepts you just need to escape. For killer adepts you have to get a double rank up (double pip). Even if you get 4 kills if it doesn't say Merciless Killer it won't proc.

Back when the game came out a 4k always meant merciless. They just never changed the difficulty of killer adepts after they added the current ranking system.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
That's exactly it.

For survivor adepts you just need to escape. For killer adepts you have to get a double rank up (double pip). Even if you get 4 kills if it doesn't say Merciless Killer it won't proc.

Back when the game came out a 4k always meant merciless. They just never changed the difficulty of killer adepts after they added the current ranking system.

Ah okay, yeah I had a 4th perk when I escaped that last match lol, so I will keep that in mind.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I hate the Doctor. Who thought that an unavoidable AoE attack that seems to have massive range and will easily hit multiple survivors at once and constantly tell the killer where everyone is was ever a good idea?

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I hate the Doctor. Who thought that an unavoidable AoE attack that seems to have massive range and will easily hit multiple survivors at once and constantly tell the killer where everyone is was ever a good idea?

it is a pain for sure, can´t really sneak against the Doc :D but he still needs to walk over to you to just smack with his stick so there´s that. And it usually has quite a long cooldown.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
BBQ on shrine is interesting.....

Though I've already unlocked it as a teachable perk, so probably a waste to get it. Especially considering how grindy it is getting shards...

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Got a small taste of the anniversary event - which will also be my first since I started playing - with 2x envelopes, a bloody party streamer and a 100% personal offering.

It was delicious - can't wait to see no cakes being used but my own during it!

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Things I noticed after ne new patch on PS5.
First the matchmaking is a lot faster now, with specially the loading time into the map getting reduced, however they did that, maybe accidentally, it's BHVR after all.
And, is it just my imagination or did the game lost quite some color with the newest patch?
I could swear it isn't quite as saturated as it was before the patch, specially noticable on the farm map. 🤔

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
According to Leaks by Daylight, the anniversary cake offerings won't be stackable this year. What in the fuck lol. After this disastrous RE chapter, BHVR better revert that shit ASAP.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Last year the offerings were 140% and didn't stack. It was a glitch.

Let's hope that they somehow made the exact same glitch and that it gets fixed.

If not then the event is dead 2 me

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
According to Leaks by Daylight, the anniversary cake offerings won't be stackable this year. What in the fuck lol. After this disastrous RE chapter, BHVR better revert that shit ASAP.
Dumb af if true.

Perhaps they consulted with their holy statistics and it told them people are less likely to play the game as much if they get to skip a lot of the BP grind

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Getting angry about unfinished code for a leaked item that isn't out yet seems like a bit much. I know the DBD community is known for overreacting and giving the devs shit, but come on.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Getting angry about unfinished code for a leaked item that isn't out yet seems like a bit much. I know the DBD community is known for overreacting and giving the devs shit, but come on.

Leaked code? This is the live code, in the game right now. They don't patch in the event items on the day of they're already in game.

Last year they had bugged offerings, so it's not a big stretch on these being fucked as well.

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have tips for being a decent killer? Even in low rank it feels like you need to have a "perfect" game with no accidents or extended chases to get anywhere at all. Everything feels insanely catered towards survivors winning, no matter if I'm playing as them or against them. It feels like they have endless tools to stop me and if one guy gets a good chase on me the game is instantly decided. I sometimes get a good game as spirit or ghost face because they don't sense me coming, but without that surprise factor is feels like the whole thing is null. It genuinely feels like the entire survivor team has to be actively trying not to win for me to get them.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Leaked code? This is the live code, in the game right now. They don't patch in the event items on the day of they're already in game.

Last year they had bugged offerings, so it's not a big stretch on these being fucked as well.
Can you see the item in-game right now? Was this intended to be seen by anyone but the devs? Was it obtained by data-mining the game early?
It's leaked code. Just because it's in the live version of the game doesn't mean it's finished and ready to be seen.

If it comes out and is bugged, be annoyed.
If it comes out and this is intended, be angry.

The people throwing a fit over leaked code they weren't supposed to see are going too far. It's happening moreso on twitter and reddit than on here, but the anger towards the devs over this in general is ridiculous.

smokey5604

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
Anyone have tips for being a decent killer? Even in low rank it feels like you need to have a "perfect" game with no accidents or extended chases to get anywhere at all. Everything feels insanely catered towards survivors winning, no matter if I'm playing as them or against them. It feels like they have endless tools to stop me and if one guy gets a good chase on me the game is instantly decided. I sometimes get a good game as spirit or ghost face because they don't sense me coming, but without that surprise factor is feels like the whole thing is null. It genuinely feels like the entire survivor team has to be actively trying not to win for me to get them.
I recommend watching Otz's tutorials for some good tips on how to play. He's helped me a ton and he's fun to watch as well.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
The people throwing a fit over leaked code they weren't supposed to see are going too far. It's happening moreso on twitter and reddit than on here, but the anger towards the devs over this in general is ridiculous.
Yeah, no. It was added yesterday in the live game in order to be ready to launch in a week. It's not a bug or a mistake.
It's fair for the players to talk about it because it's complete bullshit and it need to be adressed BEFORE the actual launch of the event, not after.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Can you see the item in-game right now? Was this intended to be seen by anyone but the devs? Was it obtained by data-mining the game early?
It's leaked code. Just because it's in the live version of the game doesn't mean it's finished and ready to be seen.

At least like this they let BHVR know early what a bad idea this is, intended or not, if we only find out on event day, it's definitely to late.
And yeah, we danced this dance for a couple of years already, people have a good enough idea on how they handle things, react and change stuff. And the chances are always extremely low, even with this early shitstorm.

Last edited:

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

I 100% agree on the hate and vitrol towards the devs on twitter and reddit. The shit i see is so childish and dehumanizing.

I just think it's fair to boost this just so the devs fix it. Mostly just by liking the tweet on my mind. Something in a healthy manner and not personally insulting the devs characters. Last time it took over a week to fix the offerings after the event started which sucked pretty hard but whatever

If this is truly bugged (which i think it probably is) then hopefully it's fixed before release. It's not common for them to get timely patches out in case of emergency, which normally I'm a fan of in hopes that the devs get healthy work hours, which it seems like they do.

I think people are antsy because of last year and how infrequent events with double points are nowadays. When i started they did a 3x BP event and Bloody Party Starters were common offerings. Now i haven't seen anything in a bit.

Let us pray for a good event launch 🙏

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I 100% agree on the hate and vitrol towards the devs on twitter and reddit. The shit i see is so childish and dehumanizing.

I just think it's fair to boost this just so the devs fix it. Mostly just by liking the tweet on my mind. Something in a healthy manner and not personally insulting the devs characters. Last time it took over a week to fix the offerings after the event started which sucked pretty hard but whatever

If this is truly bugged (which i think it probably is) then hopefully it's fixed before release. It's not common for them to get timely patches out in case of emergency, which normally I'm a fan of in hopes that the devs get healthy work hours, which it seems like they do.

I think people are antsy because of last year and how infrequent events with double points are nowadays. When i started they did a 3x BP event and Bloody Party Starters were common offerings. Now i haven't seen anything in a bit.

Let us pray for a good event launch 🙏

Agree on all counts. I'm glad that tweet was made, it was some of the reactions to it that I found disconcerting. I really think this fanbase has turned a bit too hostile towards it's devs, which is never a good sign. They are pretty slow and the game has it's fair share of problems, it's true, but there's a fine line to walk between criticism and hate.

They tend to be pretty good at extending event dates and giving out free BP when they mess up, so I'm not that concerned.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The game is full crossplay so it doesn't matter which platform you get, userbase is the same. Cross progression is something in but only between PC and Stadia at the moment with Switch coming in soon. I'd bet if they ever add it to another platform it will be Xbox and not Playstation FWIW.

There's 2 expansion packs that respectively either give you all non licensed killers or survivors for $30 each. That's probably the best deal right now when there's no sales. Each package has 9 characters on console (11 on PC since console has 2 chapters included with base version not included with PC)

For the all in one bundle to be worth it over 50% off individual packs in a sale the package would have to be $18 on console or $22 on PC for anybody interested.

Thanks for the info.

I dabbled a little bit on both PS5 and Series X. So far it seems to me that PS5 matches you up faster, but takes a bit longer to load up the map. Series X has a few extra freebies so maybe I'll stick to playing it there.

It also seems that playing as the killer is significantly harder than playing as a survivor. It's real easy to lose line-of-sight when it's first person and everything is dark, and I've already fallen victim (heh) to various cheesing methods, like a survivor running circles around a car or even blocking my path when I'm trying to hook someone.

Still fun and I wouldn't mind putting more practice into it, but I just wish it didn't take so long to load into an actual match (a good 2 minutes at least).

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Thanks for the info.

I dabbled a little bit on both PS5 and Series X. So far it seems to me that PS5 matches you up faster, but takes a bit longer to load up the map. Series X has a few extra freebies so maybe I'll stick to playing it there.

It also seems that playing as the killer is significantly harder than playing as a survivor. It's real easy to lose line-of-sight when it's first person and everything is dark, and I've already fallen victim (heh) to various cheesing methods, like a survivor running circles around a car or even blocking my path when I'm trying to hook someone.

Still fun and I wouldn't mind putting more practice into it, but I just wish it didn't take so long to load into an actual match (a good 2 minutes at least).

Most patches and new DLC also always drop a little bit earlier on PlayStation, like a couple of hours/half a day, which can be a difference of release in the evening and release only next day because you have to sleep, if you're in Europe, if that's important to you.
They had quite some oopsies in the last few years when it came to the Xbox version and patches and DLC specifically, some of them going on for days even.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Most patches and new DLC also always drop a little bit earlier on PlayStation, like a couple of hours/half a day, which can be a difference of release in the evening and release only next day because you have to sleep, if you're in Europe, if that's important to you.
They had quite some oopsies in the last few years when it came to the Xbox version specifically.

I do feel like i see xbox specific parts of the patch notes a lot.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Consider previous licensed characters seldom get much extra cosmetics, so RE/SH survivors/killers would almost get no other skin? It's strange that Nemmy would not have any other skin besides the originals

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Consider previous licensed characters seldom get much extra cosmetics, so RE/SH survivors/killers would almost get no other skin? It's strange that Nemmy would not have any other skin besides the originals
Never say never. Leatherface got a new outfit last year after years of no new cosmetics since he launched. I'd hope that as fellow game companies Capcom/Konami might be easier to work with in regards to licensing more costumes but who knows. I'd love to see a S.T.A.R.S Jill sometime too.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017

Depends entirely on the license holder it seems. As Stranger Things´ characters have all gotten several items and more keep coming.

But they are a risky thing, Freddy already expired once entirely and he was removed from the game for new platforms until they re-negotiated his license.