• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
No news yet, tutorial bots were the first step though so maybe? :D

Otz just made a comprehensive look on who overall is best to level up in the early game,

So I basically need to get to lv 15 for some characters to start out with? Guess I will focus on Meg and Bill first, and maybe look at Leon also, because I dig his perks.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
So I basically need to get to lv 15 for some characters to start out with? Guess I will focus on Meg and Bill first, and maybe look at Leon also, because I dig his perks.

Yeah lvl 15 on your main character at least to get the 4 perk slots. Then it makes sense levelling up one character at a time to lvl 30-40 as this will unlock their perks, which are then available to your main one. Always keep playing the main character, just level up the other ones with your bloodpoints.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Also don't forget to look in the Shrine of Secrets for meta perks so you don't have to level up a character to get their one good perk. And especially during the 5th anniversary starting on July 1, I believe they're 500 shards cheaper and rotate daily.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
So, catched up a bit with the Battle Pass and I'm on 50 now (almost 51), so I'm in the + with 23 days left.
And with one rift archive chapter whatever it's called left this should work out.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Also don't forget to look in the Shrine of Secrets for meta perks so you don't have to level up a character to get their one good perk. And especially during the 5th anniversary starting on July 1, I believe they're 500 shards cheaper and rotate daily.

Indeed, perfect time to grab a good ones, if you have 1500 shards for one that is. So for many new players even those are unfortunately out of reach :/

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I jumped out of a window and landed on a zombie who downed me.

Employee of the month!

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
9K shards means closer to a nice free outfit for me. 😋
I'll buy any DLC anyway (specially when all them of them are on 50% sale with the start of the event and I can get the last ones I miss) so I only use shards for cosmetics. 😎

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Shards = bloodpoints for me

I just buy dupes on the shrine and then level up. Have 11k right now that I'm saving for the daily rotate and sale. Should be a few million at least.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've been interested in playing this for a while, since I have the game on both Series X and PS5 thanks to Gamepass and PS+, respectively.

Between the two versions, which one has the better active playerbase? Are there any other advantages between the versions? There's no cross-progression, right? So if I ever decide to commit to the game I want to make sure it's whichever one has the best online connection and active player base.

Also are there any "all in one" bundles that include the majority of content at a discount? I imagine PH and Nemesis are too new to be included in any bundles, but I'd like to know for reference the cheapest way to get everything else prior.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I've been interested in playing this for a while, since I have the game on both Series X and PS5 thanks to Gamepass and PS+, respectively.

Between the two versions, which one has the better active playerbase? Are there any other advantages between the versions? There's no cross-progression, right? So if I ever decide to commit to the game I want to make sure it's whichever one has the best online connection and active player base.

Also are there any "all in one" bundles that include the majority of content at a discount? I imagine PH and Nemesis are too new to be included in any bundles, but I'd like to know for reference the cheapest way to get everything else prior.

game is Crossplay between all platforms so just choose the one with most of your friends if that´s an option :)

There are some new "ultimate" bundles with all original characters, but i´d still recommend just using the default "special edition" console version and then buying chapters/characters as individual sets based on your interest in the next sale.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Looking at it, the console versions don't seem to have much of a sale right now. If PC is viable that's where the heaviest sales are right now.

For comparison, both the Silent Hill and Stranger Things editions on XBox is $39.99 (from $49.99) with Gamepass, $29.99 (with PS+) on PSN, and $18.87 on Steam.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

The game is full crossplay so it doesn't matter which platform you get, userbase is the same. Cross progression is something in but only between PC and Stadia at the moment with Switch coming in soon. I'd bet if they ever add it to another platform it will be Xbox and not Playstation FWIW.

There's 2 expansion packs that respectively either give you all non licensed killers or survivors for $30 each. That's probably the best deal right now when there's no sales. Each package has 9 characters on console (11 on PC since console has 2 chapters included with base version not included with PC)

For the all in one bundle to be worth it over 50% off individual packs in a sale the package would have to be $18 on console or $22 on PC for anybody interested.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
One thing that might also matter is I think consoles don't have post-game chat, which is where some of the toxicity can happen, but also no pre-game chat, so no letting people know if you have a specific build/plan.

I'm guessing SWF won't work cross-platform, so get the version that your friends will play on if you have any that play.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
One thing that might also matter is I think consoles don't have post-game chat, which is where some of the toxicity can happen, but also no pre-game chat, so no letting people know if you have a specific build/plan.

I'm guessing SWF won't work cross-platform, so get the version that your friends will play on if you have any that play.

SWF does work cross platform. You can even add people from other platforms in the post game lobby

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Lol I love this crawl corner bug where players can't interact with you xD

My damn team though tried to help me when they shouldn't have. Least we escaped by the end of it.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Yeah lvl 15 on your main character at least to get the 4 perk slots. Then it makes sense levelling up one character at a time to lvl 30-40 as this will unlock their perks, which are then available to your main one. Always keep playing the main character, just level up the other ones with your bloodpoints.

Decided to get Leon to 15, and will now focus on Meg, unless I end up getting Feng soon.

Had a fun match with Leon last night, and I didn't try the flashbangs, but his other perks seems quite useful to start out with.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bought the Resident Evil Chapter a few days ago and they really nailed Nemesis and Jill and even the Claire costume but boy do the boys look goofy as fuck. Leon and Chris both look like dollar store knock-offs of their actual selfs. Where as Jill looks EXACTLY like she does in the RE3 Remake.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017

100% bang-on from Scott as usual. Perk tiers make zero sense now given how much of them there actually are.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I really hope the quitting punishments are coming back fast, it's actually disgusting how many people quit at the moment when they are downed once. Brings me right back to 2018.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell how much of it has been the penalty being missing or general connection issues but yesterday might've been my worst connectivity-wise in a while. One match had a survivor DC while everyone was spawning in but the match didn't attempt to cancel itself. Next one had a sudden drop maybe 3 minutes in as well.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
A patch today and still they haven't fixed the RPD map? wtf

Map is reenabled in the patch

oh nvm just customs???

LAME

Looks like cosmetic bug might be fixed? Also no word on temple of purgation.

Full patch notes for anybody interested

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that could cause The Nemesis's tentacle to flicker when quickly cancelling the Tentacle Strike charge.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented The Nemesis from interrupting survivors who are unlocking a supply case.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the perk Bite the Bullet to stay active after being healed by two Survivors that have this perk at the same time.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause an incorrect walking animation to play for The Nemesis when in Spectator Mode in a Custom Game.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the "Contaminate Survivor" score event to grant objective points instead of deviousness points.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the auras of generators to show the entity claws after the effect of the perk "Corrupt Intervention" ends.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause The Clown's bottles to seemingly pass through survivors from the survivor's perspective.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause The Clown's bottle smoke VFX to be visible during the intro camera pan.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the player's camera to briefly clip out of world as The Demogorgon when tunneling through the Upside Down from certain locations.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent the killer theme from playing when selecting The Shape or The Nightmare.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the killer to become frozen in place if a Survivor disconnects while being carried.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the "collect" prompt to be displayed in English rather than the correct language.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause pallets to seemingly disappear when the user moves their camera at a certain angle.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the tentacle to be missing from The Nemesis's left hand during the camera pan at the start of the trial.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause survivors to briefly assume an a-pose animation when rescued from the Cage of Atonement.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause an invisible collision blocking the projectiles above an asset in Gas Haven.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent a generator from being repaired on one side in Hawkins map.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a trap to clips into the roof in one of the Lampkin Lane houses.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a Zombie to land mid-air in the Chalet's map.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a killer not being able to pick up a survivor near the Grim Pantry human cage.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause The Hag to hide Phantasm Traps on any grounded Virus Entity.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some new settings to not be saved properly when playing on consoles.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some unbreakable outfits to be breakable.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Onboarding menu buttons to be unresponsive when the player switches account to play the game
  • Fixed some localized Strings not properly translated in Thai in the Onboarding menu
  • Fixed an issue in the Store where the text indicating that a character was locked behind the new Onboarding was cut off in multiple languages.
  • Fixed a stability performance issue by improving the memory usage on the killer Nemesis.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Jonathan Byer's face to appear distorted in lower quality settings.
  • Fixed an animation-related issue that could cause a crash in the tally screen.
  • Fixed an issue that could allow players to load into a public match through a custom lobby.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Ace's hair to become offset when he starts repairing a generator.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent survivors from properly aiming the flashlight while simultaneously injured, contaminated and crouching.
Audio
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the Halloween theme is missing when selecting The Shape in Play as Killer
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the Nightmare laugh is missing when selected him in the Play as Killer section
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the Blazing Bat weapon of the Trickster is missing SFX
Other
  • The Raccoon City Police Station map has been re-enabled for custom matches while we continue to investigate certain stability issues.
  • The RPD Badge offering has been temporarily disabled. It can still be collected in blood webs but cannot be equipped for trials.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Perk tiers make zero sense now given how much of them there actually are.
I think the bigger issue is that 2/3rds of the perks are worthless and nobody wants to use them over the objectively better ones. This creates a situation where the more perks you have unlocked, the more you're just burning through levels until you get "the good ones", and in that instance yeah having to burn through the same bad perk three times is just extending the grind. But if every perk was worth using, it wouldn't be as big of a deal.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I think the bigger issue is that 2/3rds of the perks are worthless and nobody wants to use them over the objectively better ones. This creates a situation where the more perks you have unlocked, the more you're just burning through levels until you get "the good ones", and in that instance yeah having to burn through the same bad perk three times is just extending the grind. But if every perk was worth using, it wouldn't be as big of a deal.
Agreed. For example while leveling up the other day. The Blood web was OBSESSED with giving me Whispers 3 and won't show a new perk until I grabbed it.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. For example while leveling up the other day. The Blood web was OBSESSED with giving me Whispers 3 and won't show a new perk until I grabbed it.

it will always prioritize perks that you have at tier 1 or 2 already, so it´s often best to just grab them and keep refreshing, not taking the tier 1 perks if possible to keep it going through the selection :P

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I started playing with the Silent Hill chapter so this is technically my first new map launch (not counting the retouched ones they've been doing), so I am pretty bummed it's been bugged. But I'm also used to new things being bugged with this game. lol

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
First this RE character outfit set nonsense and right after they fix the months old glitch where you was still be able to break set parts so you can still use them in combinations? This company has f'n balls to spit and piss into the faces of their most loyal audience at the same time.

Jesus.