• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
First match as Leon was with a Spirit player. Literally wiped out the team in less than 5 minutes. No one was even able to even do anything.

This is the main thing I kinda get annoyed with by rank resets and the skill matchmaking still being worked on. Sometimes on those rank rests some really pro players get to just demolish a few matches and that's not particularly fun for survivors who have to wait like 7 minutes for a match.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
First match as Leon was with a Spirit player. Literally wiped out the team in less than 5 minutes. No one was even able to even do anything.

This is the main thing I kinda get annoyed with by rank resets and the skill matchmaking still being worked on. Sometimes on those rank rests some really pro players get to just demolish a few matches and that's not particularly fun for survivors who have to wait like 7 minutes for a match.

Exactly.

Also, is it just me or is anyone else here having constantly matches with people who are jumping over windows like they doesn't even know it alerts the killer? I have that happen so often currently, sometimes in back to back matches.

The "wtf are you doing???" factor is high currently.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
As with the Silent Hill chapter and the 4th Anniversary, the Resident Evil chapter and 5th Anniversary are going to bring in A LOT of new players and even more players who haven't played in months but are still experts, and unfortunately due to the way ranks work in this game, they're going to be mixed up. And while they redid some tutorials, there's a lot of concepts you just need to pick up as you go, and the skill gap between brand new players and people with hundreds of hours is massive. That's just kind of the unfortunate side effect of a game that's been around for five years with a medium sized fanbase. There's going to be a bit of a trial by fire stage, and if you let your ranks slip you'll get caught up in it too.

That said, I'm having fun with the new chapter. Nemesis is a decent time, and two survivors is giving me a lot to work towards.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Serious question, have they changed or tightened the rating/emblem system with the last patch? It's so hard to get pips now. Even with having almost perfect rounds, with having one killer chase and escape, saving 2 from the hooks, doing several generators and escape at the end.

KufpGsh.jpg

Gold, Bronze, Gold, Gold. One pip on the f'n line as rank 9. Like what the heck.
I can only repeat myself how much I hate this system that demands you to do literally everything in a round.
God forbid having a really good round with good teammates where they are keeping the killer in trouble, not getting hooked, you're good in sneaking around the killer and keep hidden and doing 3+ gens and open the door to escape.
That's trash bro, depip for not intentionally getting hooked or having someone hooked so you can rescue him. Depip for doing your excellent 3+ gen job while the other teammates keeping the killer around and rescuing each other.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Serious question, have they changed or tightened the rating/emblem system with the last patch? It's so hard to get pips now. Even with having almost perfect rounds, with having one killer chase and escape, saving 2 from the hooks, doing several generators and escape at the end.

KufpGsh.jpg

Gold, Bronze, Gold, Gold. One pip on the f'n line as rank 9. Like what the heck.
I can only repeat myself how much I hate this system that demands you to do literally everything in a round.
God forbid having a really good round with good teammates where they are keeping the killer in trouble, not getting hooked, you're good in sneaking around the killer and keep hidden and doing 3+ gens and open the door to escape.
That's trash bro, depip for not intentionally getting hooked or having someone hooked so you can rescue him. Depip for doing your excellent 3+ gen job while the other teammates keeping the killer around and rescuing each other.
Yep it's really starting to annoy me, especially when you get in purple ranks+ and the amount you need to get one pip starts getting silly. Almost feels like you have to intentionally draw out games as long as possible.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

Yea this was my friends who just got into the game, rank reset happened, and besides annoying long matchmaking times for a full party of four (10 mins at times), we were getting wiped by some serious sweaty high level players when these are all like lvl 1 with only one perk characters and no items yet. Wait forever to play only to get stomped and wiped out in a couple mins. We wait longer to play just to lose horribly, and of course now they don't want to play the game.

toadkarter

Oct 2, 2020
I had initially written this game off as I don't play multiplayer games that much, but having dived in because of the sale, man I wish I had played this sooner. As a massive horror fan this game is basically my Smash Bros lol, such great attention to detail for all the licensed characters, even in terms of gameplay mechanics (Freddy's nightmare world was so cool the first time I encountered it). I wish we had a Texas Chainsaw map though as Leatherface is currently my main killer (his 1 hit KO chainsaw attack is great for a beginner like myself).

Does anyone know of any decent beginner / intermediate strategy guides on YouTube for this game? I realise that a lot of the strategies will largely be character-dependent given that they vary so much but would be great to watch a few pointers to improve my game.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know of any decent beginner / intermediate strategy guides on YouTube for this game? I realise that a lot of the strategies will largely be character-dependent given that they vary so much but would be great to watch a few pointers to improve my game.
There's a lot of good video resources out there. In particular Otzdarva's stuff feels like the go-to recommendation since he's got a variety of informative videos and remakes/updates them with some frequency as the game keeps adding content. He's also a pretty strong player and I find him pretty entertaining in normal gameplay vids. He only has a few in-depth tutorials on specific Killers (and his Leatherface one came out a few months before the recent rework) but I feel like there are a lot of general guides as well that'll teach you good habits and practices that should be helpful regardless of who you play as.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I had initially written this game off as I don't play multiplayer games that much, but having dived in because of the sale, man I wish I had played this sooner. As a massive horror fan this game is basically my Smash Bros lol, such great attention to detail for all the licensed characters, even in terms of gameplay mechanics (Freddy's nightmare world was so cool the first time I encountered it). I wish we had a Texas Chainsaw map though as Leatherface is currently my main killer (his 1 hit KO chainsaw attack is great for a beginner like myself).

+1 to Otz. Watching otz got me to rank 1 for the first time years ago.

Here's a nice intro killer video.

youtu.be

Essential Knowledge for new Killers | Dead by Daylight

All guides mentioned can be found HERE:https://pastebin.com/BnVKx3ZuWatch live: https://www.twitch.tv/OtzdarvaJoin our community: http://discord.gg/OtzdarvaT...

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017

I'd start here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HoTnPP67k8KoPefn8KNpZXmT8OvCx4PwUy91cZsk5ZM/edit

Roryh

Nov 4, 2020
Thank you, so nothing too earth shattering then when it comes to the base structure or progression or functions? Like when they introduced the new end game or the breakable walls that I barely missed?

Played two rounds now, felt exactly the same so far. 😅 Still have to read about all the new skills and skill changes in detail.

By the way, since I need to buy all DLCs that I missed (I owned them all up to Deathslinger, played pretty hardcore for 2 years), do we expect them to go on sale in the next few weeks since it's anniversary? 🤔

They changed how much do you need to progress in the rift from 800 to 500xp. Its only week 3 and I am already at tier 64.

Its much faster now.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
its way way way faster now. It used to take me till the final week to hit 70. I was at rank 70 once the 2nd archives opened up. Felt like I was cheating lol

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
its way way way faster now. It used to take me till the final week to hit 70. I was at rank 70 once the 2nd archives opened up. Felt like I was cheating lol

Wow, but then you must have played an unhealthy amount of a lot cause that math doesn't make sense to me. I started a couple of days late into the season, around May 28 and I played every single day for several hours, did all survivor challenges from the first 3 archives and maybe 1 archive worth of killer challenges and I'm at 44 right now.
So it's definitely faster, but I'm still getting anxiety seeing that I only have 25 more days for 31 more tiers. It's still tight as fuck if you're not there from day one.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I'm at 51 in the rift with a chunk of killer challenges from page 3 to complete.

I am confident to get 70 before it ends - especially as chunk of the rift will have the anniversary event alongside it.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I have played the game for around 250 hours and just realised thanks to the tutorial that you can do a lunge attack by holding the button...

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I have played the game for around 250 hours and just realised thanks to the tutorial that you can do a lunge attack by holding the button...

Look, it took me over 100 hours to realize you could heal teammates without a medkit. We all have those moments 😭

Lunge is the most important part of the killers toolkit. Now you can see why Coup De Grace is an amazing perk!

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020

I think as long as you get one Iridescent, you won't depip. I had a match last night where the killer was pretty bad and I was in chase with them for literally the whole match, they caught me as the last gen was completed and my rando survivor team left me. I had one Iridescent and three Bronze and I didn't depip.

But yeah, the system is bad. It doesn't take into account that the only reason any of those gens got done was because of me keeping the killer busy and the only reason I didn't survive is because people left me on my first hook. But they know it's bad and that's why they intend to change it. But people are so against MMR they have to make sure they get that perfect before it can be fully implemented, so we'll see when we finally can be rid of this.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I think as long as you get one Iridescent, you won't depip. I had a match last night where the killer was pretty bad and I was in chase with them for literally the whole match, they caught me as the last gen was completed and my rando survivor team left me. I had one Iridescent and three Bronze and I didn't depip.

But yeah, the system is bad. It doesn't take into account that the only reason any of those gens got done was because of me keeping the killer busy and the only reason I didn't survive is because people left me on my first hook. But they know it's bad and that's why they intend to change it. But people are so against MMR they have to make sure they get that perfect before it can be fully implemented, so we'll see when we finally can be rid of this.

There actually is a scoring progression in ligntbringer for gens done while being chased, FWIW. It gives 25% of scoring for all gens score while being actively chased.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
There actually is a scoring progression in ligntbringer for gens done while being chased, FWIW. It gives 25% of scoring for all gens score while being actively chased.
That's interesting. I'm pretty sure I still got bronze though, so it likely should be turned way up.
Unless there really is some kind of bug going on with score right now because I've seen several people say it seems harsher since the last patch.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
That's interesting. I'm pretty sure I still got bronze though, so it likely should be turned way up.
Unless there really is some kind of bug going on with score right now because I've seen several people say it seems harsher since the last patch.

Most likely, knowing the spaghetti code state this game is in, it's probably not working properly.

It also won't take chaser or ligntbringer into affect if you lose chase with the killer but they are still on you. Even when i run a huntress for multiple gens I'll get silver evader sometimes because she'll end up so far behind she's not in chase. Sucks for ranks, but works wonders in stopping bloodlust at least.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Most likely, knowing the spaghetti code state this game is in, it's probably not working properly.

It also won't take chaser or ligntbringer into affect if you lose chase with the killer but they are still on you. Even when i run a huntress for multiple gens I'll get silver evader sometimes because she'll end up so far behind she's not in chase. Sucks for ranks, but works wonders in stopping bloodlust at least.
It was a Doctor so that shouldn't have happened, but maybe it did. Wish I recorded the match to analyze now but tbh when I saw the others leave me on hook when the killer wasn't even camping or anything, I was so annoyed I just called it for the night.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
I dunno if there's some crashing/disconnect issue. Yesterday I had like 3 matches in a row where the killers DCed, and a quite a few matches where survivors DCed.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
It's not like they were losing either. One of the dcs everyone was slugged then we suddenly escaped because killer DCed

Another game killer stood on a survivor. Neither moved, but we couldn't heal survivor either. Eventually survivor bled out and killer DCed

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
After 5 years, I just learned you can use the flashlight to disable Hag's traps. I was hooked and a Feng came up and used a flashlight on the trap in front of me. I was shook.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
It's not like they were losing either. One of the dcs everyone was slugged then we suddenly escaped because killer DCed

Another game killer stood on a survivor. Neither moved, but we couldn't heal survivor either. Eventually survivor bled out and killer DCed

I haven't had any weird in game DCs but I have heard there's netcode issues rn. Maybe the DC penalty is disabled because of the laggy servers, which are crashing some peeps games

After 5 years, I just learned you can use the flashlight to disable Hag's traps. I was hooked and a Feng came up and used a flashlight on the trap in front of me. I was shook.

Another weird one, but did you know you can lightburn the nurse just like wraith when she's charging her blink?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
John Wolfe is hosting a Dead by Daylight fan tournament today where he's spectating and doing commentary. It's too matches in already.

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Look, it took me over 100 hours to realize you could heal teammates without a medkit. We all have those moments 😭

Lunge is the most important part of the killers toolkit. Now you can see why Coup De Grace is an amazing perk!
I remember seeing an Otz video of him using that and the range he was hitting people from was ridiculous.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I dunno if there's some crashing/disconnect issue. Yesterday I had like 3 matches in a row where the killers DCed, and a quite a few matches where survivors DCed.
There's been people posting on reddit/dbd forums that the game is crashing for a lot of people. I've seen it myself a lot more frequently where two players will instantly dc back to back. Sometimes they killer will DC out of nowhere too when they are performing quite well.

Hopefully those people don't get punished by getting a temporary time ban because that's very unfair.

Since you guys are sharing stuff that you discovered after x amount of hours...for me, I was legit mind = blown at one of the videos otz made a long time ago about the hag where basically her traps emit these tiny particles that you can see float around her traps.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Jeez, im getting absolutely destroyed today as a killer. Have had several matches where they all just swarm me constantly with flashlights anytime I try to do anything. Juke me like its absolutely nothing. Like spinning circles around me. Of course have been getting hate messages after those matches too. Complete sweaties.

One game was cool, where a survivor was AFK so I killed them immediately and then let the survivors do whatever they wanted. Downed the last person left and let them escape through the hatch. Those are probably the most fun matches, where people are just fuckin around

On the topic of the rift, I never played before but I am glad to hear they made it faster. I started late and am already at tier 43. Hopefully I can get it done in the next 24 days.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Wow, but then you must have played an unhealthy amount of a lot cause that math doesn't make sense to me. I started a couple of days late into the season, around May 28 and I played every single day for several hours, did all survivor challenges from the first 3 archives and maybe 1 archive worth of killer challenges and I'm at 44 right now.
So it's definitely faster, but I'm still getting anxiety seeing that I only have 25 more days for 31 more tiers. It's still tight as fuck if you're not there from day one.

I just do every challenge offered, and since its faster I just play normally after I complete it. I play 4 hours a night pretty much, which is probably longer then normal.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Anyone watch the matches tru3 uploaded playing against Oracle? Those matches were insane and show how deadly a true competent SWF can be. Thankfully those types of games are super rare for me as killer, cuz sheesh. Rough!

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I just do every challenge offered, and since its faster I just play normally after I complete it. I play 4 hours a night pretty much, which is probably longer then normal.

Ah ok, yeah that makes a bit more sense. I try to play a lot currently and finish the challenges, but it's still a bit stressful with not even a month left. But like I said I started late and keeping the killer challenges to the end doesn't help when it comes to stress. 😅

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Were they planning on adding bot matches, or is it just the tutorial matches that they added? I don't know if the tutorials have improved that much, but those are a step up, even though I would like to mess around with the survivors and killers I want to play.

Anyway, after giving a test run on gamepass, I decided to check the game + RE chapter out on steam. I been deciding on focusing on either Jill or Leon, but would first upgrading someone like Meg still be wise?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since I'm still not totally sure if this is my bag, I dropped a few quid to buy Jill by herself because I like how proactive her perks appear to be. I'm certainly getting the hang of things a bit more but I still need to learn a lot of the tricks.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Fill out whatever character you want to main at first to at least have a full perk load out. Then level up characters with meta perks if you don't want to play them with the most efficient route through the bloodweb to get their teachable perks. Then learn them on your mains. It'll be slightly slower than maining a meta character but it doesn't matter that much on the survivor side. There's differences in noise and how well they blend into the environment but survivors all play the same.

Possibly avoid learning bad teachables so they don't show up in other characters' bloodwebs until years later when you prestige 3 everyone if you want to absolutely minmax optimal bloodpoint usage I guess.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Were they planning on adding bot matches, or is it just the tutorial matches that they added? I don't know if the tutorials have improved that much, but those are a step up, even though I would like to mess around with the survivors and killers I want to play.

Anyway, after giving a test run on gamepass, I decided to check the game + RE chapter out on steam. I been deciding on focusing on either Jill or Leon, but would first upgrading someone like Meg still be wise?

No news yet, tutorial bots were the first step though so maybe? :D

Otz just made a comprehensive look on who overall is best to level up in the early game,