• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
And we are really gonna rag on DC TV when Marvel TV gave us this abomination?

tumblr_otf6mdsVEV1tlgqkgo1_500.gifv
We don't know her
tumblr_odvd65qigH1v2lbnko4_400.gif

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Eh. I'm glad they're trying to do more ambitious stuff than just sparks, makeup, glowy eyes and laser beams. in an ideal world they'd have a Game of Thrones like budget, but that's not going to happen any time soon. For what it is, I think they're doing fine with what they've got.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it looked great, honestly. I was impressed by how... coherent it was, especially compared to the usual CGI/SFX-heavy fights these shows feature.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it looked great, honestly. I was impressed by how... coherent it was, especially compared to the usual CGI/SFX-heavy fights these shows feature.

Yeah, I don't think the CGI was good, but there was clear visual differentiation between things happening and the flow of the action made logical sense. What more do you want on a TV budget?

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
All the important points have been covered well enough by now (CW budget, scope of the crossover, etc...) but I want to mention how great Cryer is as Lex. When his casting was announced I rolled my eyes but even with just the little I have seen of him in Crisis he has completely won me over. His conversation with Monitor last week was spot on 100% Lex Luthor.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more shocked at the quality of the dialogue. No actor can make those lines sound good.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Expected worse. It was a wee bit awkward looking at times, obviously low budget, but not terrible. The dialogue though....woof. "It's like Lex turned all his love into hate". The delivery isn't great either. Both Supermen came off a bit stilted and looked goofy in their posing. It almost came off like a skit that's mocking super hero movies for their corniness.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Dude had access to an all powerful, reality bending book in the face of a multiverse ending threat...and he went around universes killing Supermen.

I also liked how utterly convinced he was that his Clark Kent couldn't possibly be Superman.

That was the funniest part. He didn't even use it to give himself powers or anything. He JUST went around killing Supermen.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
y'all gonna be like "wow the mcu shows look so much better why doesn't dc do this" while ignoring that they all have absurd budgets like 200mill or whatever was reported

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Routh is freaking huge (mass and height), CW Supes looks like his little brother in those scenes

I think it's fine for a lower budget TV show, about what I would expect

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it wasn't great, but it wasn't that bad either.

It's a five-part effects-heavy crossover on a second-tier TV network. Not all the scenes are going to be winners.

You can't expect Game of Thrones level effects on a CW budget.

And we are really gonna rag on DC TV when Marvel TV gave us this abomination?

tumblr_otf6mdsVEV1tlgqkgo1_500.gifv
I thought that we all came together and decided as a society that Scott Buck shows don't count.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I expected the worst and they still managed to fall short of expectations. If the writing didn't seem just as bad I'd have said they should've had them talk it out instead to save face.