• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
LOL that wobble.

That's a pretty cool shot with them both sitting there.
That and them flying up made me think of something like Big Guy & Rusty.

Last edited:

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
So why was Mike driving? How did he learn to drive and plus, he just killed a man at 12 years old? Anyone going to address that and also, do we really want to see Cameron trying to get vengeance on Mike of all people?

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not sure why he was all of a sudden in the truck either.

Or yeah when he'd learned to drive lol.

I guess he heard the message when Pat heard where Jordan had gone.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
So why was Mike driving? How did he learn to drive and plus, he just killed a man at 12 years old? Anyone going to address that and also, do we really want to see Cameron trying to get vengeance on Mike of all people?
What else is a 12yr old supposed to do for fun in Bumfuck Nebraska? He's been running over people off-screen within the first few days of moving there. I really don't think Icicle is dead anyways.

I really thought mike was going to find the pen, but I guess The Thunderbolt just wasn't in the budget for this season.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I knew how to drive at 12. My oldest brother let me take his car around the block. lol

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Is Yolanda going to prison though?

I found it interesting how they made her character the most violent this season. How she was willing to kill Henry at one point. I think that there is potential that she becomes a villain next season, at least temporarily.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
also Yolanda absolutely sliced and diced the Dragon King's minions a few episodes back, this is definitely going to be one of those shows where the heroes kill a lot but it's only ever recognized if the plot calls for drama

Oct 25, 2017
Yolanda pushing back against Rick wanting to kill Grundy only for Yolanda to kill Brainwave and Rick having Rick spare Grundy was neat. Simple, but it worked for me.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I guess I'm alone in my hatred of Mike. I can't stand when kids just straight up act like adults in movies and TV. I blame Fred Savage for making that a thing. Plus he just seems like he's trying REALLY HARD to be a comic relief and it's just coming across like he's in a completely different show.

Rest of the show is rad as hell though. Can't wait for season 2.

The science fair with Barbara and garage scenes with Pat were good. They just need to stop falling into the trap of using him as comic relief so often.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
The problem with Mike is that they didn't have anything for him to do. They didn't want him learning Courtney's secret early, he had no friends (that we're shown), he's not old enough to interact with the adults on a normal level. He had the C-plot every time he was used. It SHOULD get better in season 2, but he needs his own crew or to be brought in with the Stargirl team.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The problem with Mike is that they didn't have anything for him to do. They didn't want him learning Courtney's secret early, he had no friends (that we're shown), he's not old enough to interact with the adults on a normal level. He had the C-plot every time he was used. It SHOULD get better in season 2, but he needs his own crew or to be brought in with the Stargirl team.
Pretty clear he'll be with Jakeem in S2

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
with Eclipso as a possible main bad guy which of the magical jsa big hitters are likely to come next year: Doctor Fate, Spectre or Phantom Stranger

Also comic Shade is basically Captain Cold a villain with a code except Shade does more heroic stuff, considering he betrayed the isa I'm expecting a misdirect

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good finale for a good season

Yolanda killing Brainwave was dark, but no one's gonna lose sleep over that

Lmao at Cindy killing her dad, payback's a bitch I suppose. Honestly I'm not a fan of how she suddenly got sidelined in the last few episodes, but I guess that helped make up for it.

Mike killing Icicle on the other hand, and randomly in a car at that, that was just weird as fuck. Even if he somehow comes back, really weird to have the middle schooler kill him, and then basically just leave it unaddressed. Oh well.

And Rick sparing Grundy is one of the very few times he was likable

Pat and Courtney's relationship is so adorable, almost teared up when he got the mug

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I knew how to drive when I was eight, only problem was seeing over the steering wheel while reaching the gas and brake. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Automatics ain't that hard.

Bangai O

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going on that death not sticking

Same with Dragon King

Basically just Brainwave, and god he could probably transfer his consciousness to someone

e: also they barely touched on stuff with Icicle Jr, there's lots more to explore there with the son, the grandparents and a locked up Icicle
I feel like if there was a possibly of Icicle coming back they wouldn't have given him such a humorous death. I don't know how I can take a villain seriously after he was inadvertently killed by a twelve year old.

That was Boba Fett levels of jobbing right there.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
I saw some of the deep cut Easter eggs mentioned, but you missed GI Robot! Love all those little touches.

what a great show.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
So long as they don't shift to the usual Arrowverse VFX team it should still look good. My only real concern is expanding it to 16 episodes or more because that will mean guaranteed filler episodes.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
So long as they don't shift to the usual Arrowverse VFX team it should still look good.
The Arrowverse VFX team are extremely good. They aren't given the time or money to put out results, but something like King Shark or Grodd at their as good if not better than Grundy.

Stargirl finished filming S1 almost a year ago. It got a long post production period that it probably won't get again with how they'll need to rush out content, but who knows with COVID.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Eclipso mean that Doctor Fate helmet sitting in a sweaty nasty gym bag gets some use

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
The Arrowverse VFX team are extremely good. They aren't given the time or money to put out results, but something like King Shark or Grodd at their as good if not better than Grundy.

Stargirl finished filming S1 almost a year ago. It got a long post production period that it probably won't get again with how they'll need to rush out content, but who knows with COVID.

Yes, they are very good at what they do but they also have to stretch their budget over 23 epsiodes with quick turnaround and it really shows sometimes. Not their fault obviously.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to watching the conclusion!

They're setting up some cool stuff with the Shadow and Eclipso and Starman being alive, but I didn't actually like the finale all that much aside from Jake letting Grundy go. Felt like the ISA went down too easily. We went from them styling on the heroes - including original JSA! - to getting their asses kicked in a straight fight without a lot changing in the interim.

Oh, and Pat looking younger than Starman does make me think there actually probably is something going on with his age. If they'd made up McHale to look younger I'd have bought that Pat is just well-preserved but the extent to which they didn't makes me think they're looking to do something there.

Last edited:

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Great season.

the last few scenes of the finale kinda drag. It's like the creators need to fill the time so let's fly around a little

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished. This was damn good. I expected to enjoy it but this ended up far better than I expected. I hope to god the next season keeps up the quality.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I hope Eclipso mean that Doctor Fate helmet sitting in a sweaty nasty gym bag gets some use
We don't know Pat has the helmet, we are actually pretty sure he doesn't. Out of all the artifacts we've seen so far the most powerful ones have been the Lantern and The Pen. Fate (Nabu) is almost impossible to kill anyways- what would be interesting is if Inza Nelson showed up next season.

Oct 25, 2017
How have you not been watching it already

They do synchronized couples dance fighting
Titans S2 disaster followed by the personally extremely unsatisfying CW crossover killed every cape show for me this season,(also watching all of Smallville again before the 2019 seasons started really upped the burnout)
Even Doom Patrol that was one of my favorite shows in years I only started S2 last night.

Never cared for them in the comics much but their family story in Young Justice was one of my favorite parts of that series(including retconning Cheshire into it)
I don't think I heard a word about them being in either, I was looking for an image of Sportsmaster for the Batman Gotham Knights game thread and like the 2nd image was them from Stargirl, blew me away.

So is Artemis
The entire family
OMG, I remembered the rumor about her being in but that was back around the time of all the Titans rumors(Wally and Roy being in and set up for S3) as well as the Wally in Stargirl rumor so once those didn't happen I completely forgot about it.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
If there's one thing I'd like taken from another adaptation of characters it'd be Cheshire being Artemis's sister. I imagine Artemis will have an actual role next season and it'd be easy enough to write in her having an older sister.

Also need my memory of how Arrow bungled Artemis wiped.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
If there's one thing I'd like taken from another adaptation of characters it'd be Cheshire being Artemis's sister. I imagine Artemis will have an actual role next season and it'd be easy enough to write in her having an older sister.

I forgot she was on arrow probably for a reason
Chesire would give junior isa an advantage too

(They already redeemed Shade after the flash use of him)

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly I don't know if the Arrow version was better or worse than the Artemis they had show up in New 52 kinda based on the YJ version only to kill her off within 1 issue.

Yeah what Young Justice did with Cheshire was excellent, she was still herself but had a much deeper characterization.
She was probably one of my top 3 characters of S1&2.