• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
He's not? Then who is D:
giphy.gif

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
again Icicle is the man with the grand plans, coordination and vision

Brainwave is a nihilistic humanity hating petty criminal, Dragon King wants resources for his abhorrent experimentation, Sportsmaster and Tigress and Gambler like money and the fun of crime

Icicle brought them all together and gave meaning to their villainy

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
Do you think icicle might turn on the ISA or Brainwave? It seems like he's starting to realize that if they use the machine, Brainwave could have control of everyone. Including him and their idea of the world under their control might not quite meet up with his.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think icicle might turn on the ISA or Brainwave? It seems like he's starting to realize that if they use the machine, Brainwave could have control of everyone. Including him and their idea of the world under their control might not quite meet up with his.
Money on Brainwave, the rest are fine with their arrangement and willing to go along with icicle and Brainwave is definitely going to try to take over and force the other members and then icicle kills him and delays their plans

Plus i can't see a season 2 with Brainwave leading they basically should win since Brainwave doesn't give a fuck and would just give the kids a seizure

Actually was the machine going to brainwash developed minds or less developed minds

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I think the plan fails and one of either Icicle and Brainwave dies and the other survives to next season

Sportsmaster and Tigress are staying alive, they're parents too and comic relief but it's tough now that they all know Courtney's identity

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for Mr. Terrific and Atom Smasher/Nuklon next season. I would like to see Green Lantern/Sentinel and Dr. Fate, but I'm not getting my hopes up with the amount of SFX they would need.

Sand/Sandman would be VERY cool, too.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yooo this show is amazing. I cant believe they managed to fit so much JSA and Infinity Inc stuff into it. It feels like a live action X-Men Evolution if I had to make a comparison. The fight scenes are surprisingly good. I'm only on episode 8 but that fight with Sportsmaster and Tigress, and the one with Shiv is top notch. Casting is really good too, love Brec as Courtney and Luke as Pat.

I dont know how they keep this up for a season 2 budget wise.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Yooo this show is amazing. I cant believe they managed to fit so much JSA and Infinity Inc stuff into it. It feels like a live action X-Men Evolution if I had to make a comparison. The fight scenes are surprisingly good. I'm only on episode 8 but that fight with Sportsmaster and Tigress, and the one with Shiv is top notch. Casting is really good too, love Brec as Courtney and Luke as Pat.

I dont know how they keep this up for a season 2 budget wise.
Hopefully by doing only like ten episodes.

Bangai O

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone who is from the Great Plains help me out? Is Nebraska that green? I always thought Nebraska was flat and didn't have that many trees. Blue Valley doesn't seem like that at all.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This episode is giving me pretty severe "Pat's gonna die, and Mike's gonna end up piloting STRIPE" vibes.

I hope those vibes are not true.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
It's like watching a movie. What an episode

Rick: Pat are we like on the right side. 😆

I wonder if Luke Wilson and Amy Smart will stick around when it goes to CW. BUDGET might not cut it

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I'm pretty sure that Calista Flockhart only left Supergirl because she didn't want to move to or constantly travel to Vancouver.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I would be more worried about sets and special effects than anything

At least costumes and staff when not lit will continue to look decent
Supergirl lose Calistha Flockhart when it moved to CW.

Luke Wilson and Amy Smart are no unknown actors so I'm just speculating their pay and if they are okay appearing at CW
Calista left because the production moved

Besides Luke and Amy are way too important characters more than Calista was

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I'm pretty sure that Calista Flockhart only left Supergirl because she didn't want to move to or constantly travel to Vancouver.
Right and Supergirl only moved at the time because the show didn't get a tax credit to keep production in California. Stargirl's production almost certainly isn't moving to Canada, Georgia is plenty generous with their tax incentives.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The show is about Courtney and Pat's relationship. He's not going to die. Luke Wilson has already talked about going back to film next season.

Next week is going to be incredible.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Im caught up with episode 11. I realised the janitor was probably Shining Knight but I was still surprised that they included him. And not only that, brought in the Seven Soldiers into the shows canon. That's pretty nuts. Never thought I'd see that be introduced to live action but then this show is constantly making me say that haha.

Also damn, Brainwave Jr.'s death was pretty tragic, was really looking forward to him being part of the team. Hope it's a fakeout.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, don't think they're going to kill off Amy and Luke.

I think the only baddies that'll return are Dragon guy, and either Icicle or Brainwave. Which is too bad, both are quite good.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Really thought the show would have Jakeem by now with that mention early in the season but seems like it's way too late for it to happen. That's going to kill the budget next season if it happens.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Really thought the show would have Jakeem by now with that mention early in the season but seems like it's way too late for it to happen. That's going to kill the budget next season if it happens.
Not really it's a genie that makes wishes add some limitations and have the pen light up ans shir happens with the occasional genie cgi for some episodes

Voila i saved you money
Can i be on cw now

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The show is about Courtney and Pat's relationship. He's not going to die. Luke Wilson has already talked about going back to film next season.

Next week is going to be incredible.

As long as we get Pat back. I do think that given the VERY CLEAR fatality rate of the process though, at least one of the adults is gonna die, and I don't think they can kill Justin off yet.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird how they gave the fiddler a bit of needed character with her kid and immediately got capped by Tigress

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
It's still crazy to me how we have all these unanswered questions still. Like what happened to the OG Fiddler? How is Pat still so young? Why is Courtney the chosen one? I keep waiting for that TV moment of someone explaining everything to an out of the loop character (which I thought was gonna be Mike), but they just gloss over it every time. If I was Mike, I would've been begging to know what the hell was going on and have everything explained to me.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
It's weird how they gave the fiddler a bit of needed character with her kid and immediately got capped by Tigress
They're setting up the villain kids to be the antagonists next seasons, Isaac Jr's mother gave him a villain speech right before dying? It's probably gonna stick.

Why is Courtney the chosen one?
Because she's a good person. I don't think there's anything beyond that. Starman just said someone with honor/strength/grace/heroism has to carry the torch, and she fits that description.

That's what the whole father thing was about. She's not born into it, that's just who she is as a person. Other than having a good mother in Barbara that instilled those values in her I don't think there's an explanation beyond that. We might get some Ted/Jack Knight stuff later to expand on the Staff's origin further though.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So is that kid gonna fuck people up with his tuba?

Really great humanizing moment how they paused when they skimmed through the manifesto.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So they're gonna frame Courtney and her family for murdering Anaya (they left her corpse in the Whitmore house, after all), and that's why Isaac is gonna become a villain for Courtney, huh?

Funny how we made it this far in the season and they're setting up all the junior villains but Cameron (the one who's actually a villain in the comics) has just been a chill dude so far.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
In the comic it was Just Dragon King not the isa with the brainwashing plan, he didn't have Brainwave just a machine and could only control kids so it was Courtney beating up robo pat