• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Well Mike sure as shit is gonna find out what all the secrecy has been about, next week. I was kinda hoping he was gonna walk down the steps at the end there and pull the Aunt May "What the fu..." smash cut.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Good character-focused episode. Some of Brec's best acting in the show to date. I echo Court's father being a POS. Shining Knight as a interestingly tragic character. I assume Mike will have the Thunderbolt pen nearby to save him.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Love it Stargirl dad is just ordinary shomoe

Mike about to be toss around and find out Stargirl

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Really good episode. Says a lot when you can make a solid compelling superhero episode without a single fight or action scene.

The girl who plays Stargirl had a fantastic performance this week. I was super impressed, since I don't normally see that level of acting from these shows.

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the best episode of the show. Everything with the dad worked really well, Brainwave comes off as fucking terrifying, and they did a really great job at making you feel for Justin despite not knowing him well as a character.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Damn Brainwave really using the fact he killed his family to guilt trip Icicle? That is next level

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
So they flipped it, in comics Brainwave jr got willed his father's power when the senior died

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Court's dad is ain't shit, and not even charming ain't shit. Anyone could see that shit coming a mile away

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Ouch, Pat and Courntey looks like are in for some beatdowns next week.

That room definitely reminded me of Professor X's Cerebro room, hehe

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pat is really my fav character of the show, a fucking saint and you get the idea why all these golden age dudes got killed and he survived.

Really liked how Starman's pic changed into bootleg Garret Dillahunt's.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yo I just realized why the actor who plays Pat is so familiar to me in his facial expressions.

He's the younger brother of Owen Wilson. Duh.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
All I know is that the current JSA is woefully unprepared for the ISA. I assume Mike will discover the pen and get Thunderbolt, which will help matters considerably, and maybe they'll even get Shining Knight with them.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Yo I just realized why the actor who plays Pat is so familiar to me in his facial expressions.

He's the younger brother of Owen Wilson. Duh.

Yup, you can see them a ton together in Wes Anderson projects.

He actually mentioned in one of the interviews posted here that he hopes Loki and Stargirl end up returning to film in Atlanta at the same time so they can hang out together.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Pat is really my fav character of the show, a fucking saint and you get the idea why all these golden age dudes got killed and he survived.

Really liked how Starman's pic changed into bootleg Garret Dillahunt's.
He takes adviristy like a champ, he is literally holding everything together. The team, his family, battling evil plot, time displaced brain damaged knights, and not once complaining, Flash and Ollie could never.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
He takes adviristy like a champ, he is literally holding everything together. The team, his family, battling evil plot, time displaced brain damaged knights, and not once complaining, Flash and Ollie could never.

Pat is kinda following them down the "terrible dad" road though.

Mike's a pest but he doesn't deserve this. Even Barbara gave up on him.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Damn, didn't expect them to set the record straight on Courtney's father like that.

And he deserved that punch. Trying to pawn off the one memory your list daughter had of you? What a jerk.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn good episode. We all saw it coming with her father not being Starman, but I didn't expect him to be a PoS. He didn't even have the decency to keep up the lie about coming back, just admitted to Pat he's gone gone like it was nothing. Trash.

The villains now knowing Courtney's identity is scary as hell. Speaking of which, this is yet another episode where I still find it weird that Icicle is the actual leader lol

And I'm a sucker for the trope of a superhero's loved ones, especially parents, giving them permission to do their thing. Just love when everyone is finally on board. Well, except for Mike. Poor kid still knows nothing lol

Damn Brainwave really using the fact he killed his family to guilt trip Icicle? That is next level

Lmao