• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
What an episode. What a show. Wow.

I couldn't tell you for sure since it's not necessarily like Legends in any particular way, but I think it would be crazy not to try it out at least.

I am just generally tired of the shows. I think the season episode count is the problem for me.

Liking only legends is more of a state of mind than an attempted comparison.

This show is leagues better than legends imo. Give it a try. While you're there watch doom patrol.

I was thinking more CW focused. But yeah Doom Patrol and Harley Quinn are definitely the MVPs.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
That was some cool fight and Cort fucking up dudes without the staff really cemented her as the most seasoned persón of the team.

Sasuke hourglass dude continúes to be trash.
Yeah it was cool finally seeing them in an extended fight with goons, and she did surprisingly well with a regular weapon.
The Catwoman/Wolverine claw action was pretty good too and the psychic punches weren't bad either.

LOL yeah, angry Sasuke.

Do folks really think he's dead? It's possible he could have made a forcefield
and Yeah, Rick doesn't do much except be angry
also, this ep confirmed starman isn't her dad right?
Yeah, I agree, I wouldn't write off him surviving that with his powers. I also don't feel like I could make out anything from that last lingering shot of the hallway in rubble.
I think so but at the same time, like someone else wrote above earlier, the mom's initial non-definitive denial felt so weird lol. Maybe it was all part of them trying to portray her as trying to process everything her and Pat were saying at once but her initial denial still kinda non-committal, unlike some of her later ones lol.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying this while it lasts since the quality is basically guaranteed to take a hit once it moves to CW production values for Season 2.
Yup, same. And the fact that the season is one big story. I'm expecting season 2 to look worse and have some villain-of-the-week episodes.

I'm not looking forward to it.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first 2 episodes.

I had a good time, but I am not overly impressed. I really liked the ending of episode 2 though. Perfect music choice.

As other have said: there is no way this show does not just fall apart after moving to the CW. I am hopeful, and would actually be impressed if it managed to still be good.

On to Episode 3!

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I'm enjoying this while it lasts since the quality is basically guaranteed to take a hit once it moves to CW production values for Season 2.
I can imagine creativity with the fights, set pieces, and locations are just gonna drop if there are big budget cuts. Which then affects the story you want to tell too.

And about Henry's mom, in the video tape, Brainwave talks about her body being ice cold in the water. I wonder if BW admitting he did it himself is a lie, that he isn't worth saving, and that he's very much ISA; drives Henry to help JSA to stop them.
So having said that, if Henry is protected by some field/bubble, it's from his dad, but he doesn't realize it until dad dies.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I can imagine creativity with the fights, set pieces, and locations are just gonna drop if there are big budget cuts. Which then affects the story you want to tell too.

And about Henry's mom, in the video tape, Brainwave talks about her body being ice cold in the water. I wonder if BW admitting he did it himself is a lie, that he isn't worth saving, and that he's very much ISA; drives Henry to help JSA to stop them.
So having said that, if Henry is protected by some field/bubble, it's from his dad, but he doesn't realize it until dad dies.

Reading between the lines it sounded to me like Starman and Icicle were fighting. I assume Brainwave diverted a freeze blast to kill his wife because she was trying to stop him getting involved.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
What a great episode. I hope that's not the last we see of Henry, but if it was, it was a hell of sendoff.

Also, I've gone from finding Mike very too much the "annoying little brother" archetype to feeling really bad from him suddenly.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
with brainwave at full power now, there's little reason the isa shouldn't wipe the floor with the kids. interested in seeing how they escape and stay safe.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else wonder why Brainwave ain't in charge

Or more precisely, I find it amusing that the guy with ice powers is in charge over a guy that can read minds and move shit.

Anyways, episode was dope, holy shit at the ending. I'm really not crazy about any of the kids aside from Cindi and Courtney, but that was one way to make an impression on me Henry. I didn't Brainwave to switch sides, but him murdering his kid in cold blood is just... damn

I was super apprehensive about this show at first, bit now I'm really digging it. Too bad the CW will fuck it all up next season

Yea I'm not tryna die lol

Cindy talking shit during the fight killed me

Please dad, lemme kill her, omg don't steal my kill dad!

Sasuke hourglass dude continúes to be trash

I hate him so much

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Rick needs some serious humbling. His bad boy attitude has gotten real old.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Rick is too one note

Funny how the stereotypical bullies Henry and Cindy turns out to be way more complex and compelling then mad boy

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Another great episode.

A lot of stuff in that episode was also pretty close to what I remember from the comic.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That episode was just emotional overload, I can't take it. No action but the episode was still an absolute banger.

Brainwave's topped Icicle as a villain at this point, have two stellar big bads is quite a feat.

Anyone else feel like the JSA members are underdeveloped/lack focus?
Yeah but they're also likely to stick around a lot longer, with how fast the show burns through plot I think it's fine to slowly develop them.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
That is not Casper Van Dien, that is not Casper Van Dien, that is not Casper Van Dien. I'm going to leave that here as I need it apparantly.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Icicle is cold as his name, kill the family, all of them. Surprised he didn't even add the dog in the mix.

Brainwave is damn powerful for sure, so I wonder why he isn't in charge. Really need him to read Icicles mind again and ice to do something above it to really show force. Damn fine season and 2 episodes left? What a great showing.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So the Cosmic Staff is Merlin's, huh? Is that the implication we're supposed to be getting from Justin?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Considering that Pat believes Shining Knight actually knows King Arthur

Are they going to add the fact that Pat also from the past to explain his age

Great episode

And i saw thw twist with Courtney father coming part because i read the comic the tv show is based on and no one ever confirmed her dad was Starman

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
So the Cosmic Staff is Merlin's, huh? Is that the implication we're supposed to be getting from Justin?
Considering the staff has a mind of its own while in the comic its just some staff Starman made and Pat doesn't understand how it works it makes sense

Unless Starman dad or whoever someone invented Artificial intelligence in the like the 70s

Legends of Tomorrow did have a time displaced Stargirl pretending to be merlin

Last edited:

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Some non spoilery reveals from Luke Wilson

TVLINE | Will there be cliffhangers? Will it tease a new Season 2 threat?
I was kidding around with Brec this week about how, back when we didn't know if there'd be a Season 2, we'd be watching these episodes, like, "Gosh, this is so great, I hope there's a Season 2." But then you always start to prepare yourself for it being just a one-off — "Well, we had a good time." "We're proud of the work we all did." "It was great getting to work with Geoff…." Like, I've made movies before that were well-received but nobody saw them, so they were considered failures. So when this got renewed for a second season, I think Brec was like, "You mean I've got to start eating healthy again??" [Laughs] I had same feeling! I've been eating pizzas and burgers, putting on the COVID 20 pounds, so I was like, OK, I've got to get back in shape now. But yeah, I think it's been really well set up for Season 2.

I remember when we were making the show, I'd go to Geoff Johns' office and just kind of sit on the couch and read, and one day when I was in there, there was a big white board just sitting there. I looked up at the board, and there's all this writing and all these plot points—

TVLINE | And you realized you were looking at Season 2?
Yeah! At the time I was already kind of overwhelmed with the Justice Society, the Injustice Society, the Seven Soldiers of Victory… remembering all these names… so I was like, "OK, what the hell is this? How am I going to learn all this [for Season 1]?" And then Geoff walked in, like, "Oh, that's Season 2. We're already breaking it down." I was like, "Thank God!" So yeah, those guys have already got it all planned out. I don't know what the plan is, but….

TVLINE | Do you know if the production is going to stay put in Georgia, even as a CW original for Season 2?
We'll shoot it there again. We just don't know, obviously, when.

TVLINE | So they're not going to move you to Vancouver?
No, I don't think so. Not that I know of. My brother, Owen, was two months into a Marvel show (Disney+'s Loki) and they had to hit pause on that, so I'm hoping that we'll both go back to work in Atlanta at the same time. It'd be fun to live together, with him on a Marvel thing and me on a DC thing. Hopefully it all goes down!

tvline.com

Luke Wilson Talks Stargirl‘s Appeal, a ‘Heartbreaking’ Reveal, and How He Accidentally Got Spoiled on Season 2

Luke Wilson reveals what drew him to 'DC's Stargirl' and how the arrival of Courtney's father will rock the teen superhero's world.

And i saw thw twist with Courtney father coming part because i read the comic the tv show is based on and no one ever confirmed her dad was Starman
Even opposite, they confirmed he was some no-important thief.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Brainwave is damn powerful for sure, so I wonder why he isn't in charge.
The rest of the ISA are just in for their own personal pleasure, Icicle actually has a plan so it makes sense that he's in charge. He's got the vision to satiate the others.

Also seems like Starman was super effective against Brainwave, whereas Icicle scored the kill. Gives him an edge there.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Icicle is cold as his name, kill the family, all of them. Surprised he didn't even add the dog in the mix.

Brainwave is damn powerful for sure, so I wonder why he isn't in charge. Really need him to read Icicles mind again and ice to do something above it to really show force. Damn fine season and 2 episodes left? What a great showing.
Brainwave seems to respect Icicle and his vision i think he's just willing to go along with him
Brainwave before this seems to just rob banks and shit Icicle seems to be only one with an appealing vision the rest are just along for the ride

Icicle is probably just charismatic

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
That dad is a piece of shit. Was hoping Pat was gonna get the necklace back for her.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So, who do we think is dying in the finale? Icicle? Barbara? It'a superhero season 1 finale, there's always at least one major casualty.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Considering that Pat believes Shining Knight actually knows King Arthur

Are they going to add the fact that Pat also from the past to explain his age

Great episode

I haven't read the most recent iteration of Stargirl (read Starman with Jack Knight) but I do know a lot about Shining Knight, JSA and the Seven Soldiers. I won't spoil anything about The Shining Knight.

Pat said that the cosmic staff was invented by Ted Knight, so we know it's of the modern era- why it's sentient here we don't know (not in the comics).

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I really hope there's more to it than Courtney having to believe in herself, I figured they'd make her a decedent of Ted Knight. I thought the locket was going to play into something after Sam's talking about it.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
That dad is a piece of shit. Was hoping Pat was gonna get the necklace back for her.

It was so satisfying when Pat punched him. Conning his own daughter. What a sleazeball. Also Courtney calling him by his name instead of 'dad" at the end reminded me of when Will did the same to his dad in the Fresh Prince. I was hoping we'd see more of Yolanda's reaction to Henry's death. Also Brainwave is the most evil of the ISA along with Dragon King. I kind of liked how Icicle was hesitant which shows he may have genuinely good intentions but when it went out the window. Also I love how supportive and understanding Barbara is even though she loves her daughter she knows what's she's doing saves lives.