• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that sucks.

Doesn't mean the show can't be good or great though. Supergirl S4, all of Legends are good examples of this.

Stargirl films around Atlanta like Black Lightning. No reason to assume a location change like when Supergirl moved from LA to Vancouver.

You're kind of throwing out a lot of baseless stuff. Why are we assuming the series won't continue to be a smaller episode count?

Black Lightning ranges from 13-16 episodes. Legends S3 is one of the best seasons of superhero television and was 18 episodes. Most recent season was 15 episodes and was great. There's no reason to assume Stargirl will be change to a 22-episode season, especially given how much superhero stuff CW now has on its plate.

I mean, they were already hoping to make that happen in the future either way.

But I don't see Stargirl taking part in the huge yearly crossovers where you need to watch the other shows if it continues to air outside of the standard schedule.

Honestly, the batting average is very similar overall. Especially if you're just comparing at the live action shows, which I mentioned in my last post.
Sorry but I just don't see it. I've tried watching Legends of Tomorrow many times from multiple seasons. It's fun and inventive, I'll grant it that. But I wouldn't actually call it that good. Often cheesy with mediocre acting and surfact-level drama, filled with low-budget sets. And it's certainly not faithful to the comic sources the mast majority of the time, which is something I don't like in my superhero media.

I find Doctor Who a much better version of that style of show, and I just can't get invested in LoT.

May 10, 2018
Watched the latest episode. Introducing Cindy Burman, non idiot.

I lIked that Cindy knew it was Courtney and then on the other end I liked that Courtney was like "alright it's time to ride on this bitch" and popped the trunk, literally.

So far this show is hitting high every week.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Guys I'd see this less as "oh no it's moving to The CW" and more a case of "the show was probably dead without them"

I'm excited to get more even if the budget drops, it's a good show

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Sorry but I just don't see it. I've tried watching Legends of Tomorrow many times from multiple seasons. It's fun and inventive, I'll grant it that. But I wouldn't actually call it that good. Often cheesy with mediocre acting and surfact-level drama, filled with low-budget sets. And it's certainly not faithful to the comic sources the mast majority of the time, which is something I don't like in my superhero media.

I mean, there's nothing really to "see" lol. The show is generally considered one of the best in the genre. You just don't like it much yourself. :P

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I find Doctor Who a much better version of that style of show, and I just can't get invested in LoT.

Much like the Arrowverse itself, there's a whole bunch of tedium in LOS to get to the fun moments.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Black Lightning pretty much stayed the same even when it was pretty much a fox show before cw got it unless some of the Khalil drama was cw.
Also the 20-24 episode count is more of a thing with some of the shows cw had a bunch that were 13-16 episodes

I'm just worried about the budget if anything the show is obviously more expensive than average cw show so expect some downgrade

But i guess rather the show keep going with better writing than most of the current arrow verses show but with a lower budget than no stargirl so

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I don't see them suddenly expanding to 22/23 episodes, they might get 16 or something but there's no reason to expect it be expanded more than that, several of their shows already have shorter orders. It's not going to move to Vancouver either, season two's budget was likely going to be lower regardless, just hope it's not too big but they already have a lot of the important bits anyway and they'll probably still have a good deal of time to work on stuff.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
At least next season I don't see there being a space for more than 16 episodes

Also I think this kills Green Arrow and the Canaries. There's just no space on the network for it

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't know if I want more of the show or not if the look and feel will be affected much. I kind of got over the whole low budget CW style superhero show after a few years of them, so the level of quality coming from the DC Universe shows was a delight, and I especially love Stargirl. This show is great. I just don't think it would be as great if it didn't have this same level of quality.

I guess we'll see.

I think a part of me has a hard time imagining actors like Luke Wilson and Amy Smart, who are at least a tier above most of the CW actors, wanting to "slum it" on the lowest rates broadcast network, but maybe that's just me being cynical.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Pretty much this, right? I don't see how they save this platform outside of just making it an exclusive DC platform for digital comics. The only shows that are still on here are Titans, Doom Patrol S2 (which also exists on HBO Max), Harley Quinn (which also exists on HBO Max) and Young Justice. I don't understand why they're stringing this along anymore if all the signs point to it dying off unless they're making some huge rebranding announcement in the DC Fandome thing.

Either way, I'm kind of mad cause theCW is gonna ruin Stargirl and run it into the ground with like 5 different mediocre or boring seasons.

Still mad we didn't a S2 of Swamp Thing.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Ha why didn't i noticed Icicle was the villain from Push, i knew i seen him before

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Also I think this kills Green Arrow and the Canaries. There's just no space on the network for it

I don't know. They probably always intended to keep Stargirl moving forward. The question now comes down to if they have the budget to launch Canaries while building a viewerbase for Superman and Lois after COVID dies down enough to make filming safe again.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, what did he mean again by save lives before he froze him?

Welp Cindy
LOL this scene is hilarious with Beth and Pat.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect Beth to keep going after the goggles got blocked, impressive even if she didn't go much further.
Cindy milked that reveal pretty good that she knew lol.

LMAO Pat being hidden when Cindy walked in.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

It could end up dying but I don't think it would be related to Stargirl at all.

tvline.com

Arrow Spinoff, The 100 Prequel Still Under Consideration at The CW

Nearly four months after Arrow's backdoor pilot aired, The CW has yet to make a decision about 'Green Arrow and the Canaries.'

As revealed by The CW's fall and midseason schedules for the 2020-21 TV season, neither the Arrow spinoff nor The 100's untitled prequel have been been ordered to series. Yet. But both pilots are "very much alive" and remain under consideration, CW boss Mark Pedowitz said in a Thursday press conference.

This was said only a few days before Stargirl premiered and obviously a while after we knew it was going to be on The CW. We were already in a situation where Stargirl was likely going to be on the schedule in 2021 so that's unlikely to be related to any Canaries decision.

The backdoor pilot was the most watched episode of the season outside of Crisis. I think if it were definitely dead, we'd know that by now but it was fairly recent when Pedowitz said it's "very much alive."

We'll see. Fingers crossed.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Ah, Cindy. You could have made your father proud if you just did your assignment. Also, threatening someone who's well known to go aggro on everything probably wasn't the best idea.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Oh good info, I'm curious what happens as well. I'd like to see it get a chance too.

Hehe yeah.

Last edited:

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
tumblr_pjkn6kimno1qb5qxmo2_500.gifv

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
So wife obviously isn't real right

Considering the minions apparently 2 weeks of conditioning and he implies he has to keep making moms because of Cindy and The goggles with an advanced AI can't identify her

Unless he just kidnaps people and then modifies them but i doubt he gets his subjects from town icicle probably wouldn't let him

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Considering the minions apparently 2 weeks of conditioning and he implies he has to keep making moms because of Cindy and The goggles with an advanced AI can't identify her

Unless he just kidnaps people and then modifies them but i doubt he gets his subjects from town icicle probably wouldn't let him

I think the mom is either a clone or an android.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This moving to CW for S2 is such a massive red flag ughhhh

Another good episode, Cindy is great, loved the fight too

Courtney was like "alright it's time to ride on this bitch" and popped the trunk, literally.

That shit was hilarious, I was joking that she should do that, and then it actually happened lmao

Oh no, I am so devastated

Yea she definitely ain't real

Although her having an attraction to Pat made me unsure if she's an actual robot, or just modified or some shit

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Oh shit that double cliffhanger, next week is gonna be fantastic

This week was good too, you can see why Brainwaves would turn evil