• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I really wish we could skip the cocky part of a young heroes journey. It's played out
Maybe, but having a bunch of teens all willing to work together straight out rarely happens.

I like how they're focusing on Pat's struggle between being a good parent, the kid's safety and getting revenge for his friends.

And stop teasing Green Lantern goddamnit! lol

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Mikey can't pull out this bullshit after being a raging ass from jump

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
Can I just that Meg DeLacy killed this episode?

That reaction of bile and genuine hurt to Courtney trying reschedule transitioning to her tantrum in her father's lab was great. I have a feeling that, of all the second generation ISA, her fall to the villainy is going to be the one Courtney tries the hardest to prevent, fails the worst at and ends up hurting the most emotionally.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
It is kind of ridiculous if Cindy doesn't recognize Courtney is Stargirl. I was laughing when Cindy first saw her in costume and thought, "Why is she even bothering with the mask?". lol
It's a universe where people don't recognize Kara and Clark because they took off their glasses. Well, multiverse.

It wouldn't shock me if next episode it turned out Courtney didn't even realize she was fighting Cindy.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Great episode. Cindy has a messed up backstory and it explains why she is that way. She took Courtney's rescheduling quite hard
Also, I don't mind it, but does anyone else think the Courtney/Cameron romance is kinda sudden/abrupt. I mean, they only interacted once and he saw her do something nice for Joey and now all of a sudden he wants to ask her out?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ngl, Cameron asking out Courtney came out of fucking nowhere lol

Anyways, good episode, probably the first to actually get me on board with the whole teen angle of this show outside of Courtney. Well, at least with the supervillain side of things.

It's actually kind of sad that Courtney legit had an opportunity to become friends with Cindi. Obviously it wouldn't have worked out in the long run, but it would've been interesting. Having a kid be completely aware (and approving) of her dad being a supervillain is a lot of fun.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Ngl, Cameron asking out Courtney came out of fucking nowhere lol

Anyways, good episode, probably the first to actually get me on board with the whole teen angle of this show outside of Courtney. Well, at least with the supervillain side of things.

It's actually kind of sad that Courtney legit had an opportunity to become friends with Cindi. Obviously it wouldn't have worked out in the long run, but it would've been interesting. Having a kid be completely aware (and approving) of her dad being a supervillain is a lot of fun.

What I don't understand is why Courtney would even want to try and befriend Cindy in the first place. She's established since episode 1 she's a horrible person.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What I don't understand is why Courtney would even want to try and befriend Cindy in the first place. She's established since episode 1 she's a horrible person.

She's still the new girl and the most popular girl in school made an unexpected offer to hang out with her after they had a brief bonding moment. Seemed fine to me, she's still a high schooler after all.

they had that 5 second exchange 3 episodes ago!

Lol I'm like who the fuck even is this kid

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading Stars and Stripe the comic book the series was based on also Geoff Johns because why not

Man is comic icicle dumb he's basically a lame version of captain cold and mister freeze with a worse costume

344466-39593-icicle.jpg

Look at this asshole

Then again SportsMaster was basically a joke before Young Justice

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They've really done a good job of putting Henry so firmly on the neutral line that I could easily see him going villain or hero from here and either way it would feel pretty earned.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Yo best episode

Writer 👏

Intro: Oh wow Pat that is some brilliant quick thinking.

Beth Is actually great in this episode
Pat: I'm her dad. 👀 😆
Pat and Beth great duo

Courtney and Cindy's meeting with that surprise and that fight

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I enjoyed the early episodes but man, once the action started, the more I hate it. I cannot ever believe that these kids are superheroes. Especially the new Mid-Nite. The fight with sportsman was embarrassing to be honest. I'm not sure I can keep watching. Love the lore and the overall show, but everything with the teenage angst and stupidity is getting to me

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah Pat at the start of the episode and with the staff were some great comic book dad moments.

Henry is played well, he's not good or bad, just a kid with no idea what's happening to him, raised in a life of privilege but still has genuine love for his father.

Cindy on the other hand...

I enjoyed the early episodes but man, once the action started, the more I hate it. I cannot ever believe that these kids are superheroes. Especially the new Mid-Nite. The fight with sportsman was embarrassing to be honest. I'm not sure I can keep watching. Love the lore and the overall show, but everything with the teenage angst and stupidity is getting to me
I mean the point is they're terrible. They're not superheroes. They're kids who put on outfits.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah Pat at the start of the episode and with the staff were some great comic book dad moments.

Henry is played well, he's not good or bad, just a kid with no idea what's happening to him, raised in a life of privilege but still has genuine love for his father.

Cindy on the other hand...

I mean the point is they're terrible. They're not superheroes. They're kids who put on outfits.
It's not The fact that they are inexperienced, that's obviously the point. The concept itself just isn't working for me right now. The addition of the three kids has made it more cheesy and unbelievable. Hoping it gets better

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

DC Universe is so dead.
Pretty much this, right? I don't see how they save this platform outside of just making it an exclusive DC platform for digital comics. The only shows that are still on here are Titans, Doom Patrol S2 (which also exists on HBO Max), Harley Quinn (which also exists on HBO Max) and Young Justice. I don't understand why they're stringing this along anymore if all the signs point to it dying off unless they're making some huge rebranding announcement in the DC Fandome thing.

Either way, I'm kind of mad cause theCW is gonna ruin Stargirl and run it into the ground with like 5 different mediocre or boring seasons.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the only exclusive shows at this point are Titans and Young Justice. Wow am I not interested in this show just being a CW show. Might just dip after this season

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Being a CW show scares me. CW shows are usually pretty terrible (sometimes fun terrible, but still). I hope they stick with 13 episodes next season instead of more.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Either way, I'm kind of mad cause theCW is gonna ruin Stargirl and run it into the ground with like 5 different mediocre or boring seasons.

Being a CW show scares me. CW shows are usually pretty terrible (sometimes fun terrible, but still). I hope they stick with 13 episodes next season instead of more.

The anti-CW stuff is so strange and makes no sense to me.

Black Lightning and Legends of Tomorrow remain two of the best genre shows on television. Arrow just had a great final season. And despite the questionable future, Batwoman had a very solid first season (especially post-Crisis).

CW is going to ruin Stargirl with 5 mediocre seasons but Titans on DC Universe is already at that point. Just doesn't make sense to me.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I'm only worried about the budget. As long as the staff working on the show is the same, the rest should be good.

I do wonder when they would start filming, though. Brec Bassinger and Cameron Gellman are both high risk for COVID-19 since they both have type 1 diabetes.

Oct 25, 2017
The anti-CW stuff is so strange and makes no sense to me.

Black Lightning and Legends of Tomorrow remain two of the best genre shows on television. Arrow just had a great final season. And despite the questionable future, Batwoman had a very solid first season (especially post-Crisis).

CW is going to ruin Stargirl with 5 mediocre seasons but Titans on DC Universe is already at that point. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Budget decrease, most likely a location change, longer seasons which increase the episode count for no reason, inevitable crossovers with shows I don't watch. That's just some of things I'm worried about happening. Titans is really the DC Universes only bad spot (Swamp Thing kind of too, but that's already gone so whatever.) which gives it a much higher batting average than The CW

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Yeah, that sucks.

Doesn't mean the show can't be good or great though. Supergirl S4, all of Legends are good examples of this.

most likely a location change

Stargirl films around Atlanta like Black Lightning. No reason to assume a location change like when Supergirl moved from LA to Vancouver.

longer seasons which increase the episode count for no reason

You're kind of throwing out a lot of baseless stuff. Why are we assuming the series won't continue to be a smaller episode count?

Black Lightning ranges from 13-16 episodes. Legends S3 is one of the best seasons of superhero television and was 18 episodes. Most recent season was 15 episodes and was great. There's no reason to assume Stargirl will be change to a 22-episode season, especially given how much superhero stuff CW now has on its plate.

inevitable crossovers with shows I don't watch

I mean, they were already hoping to make that happen in the future either way.

But I don't see Stargirl taking part in the huge yearly crossovers where you need to watch the other shows if it continues to air outside of the standard schedule.

That's just some of things I'm worried about happening. Titans is really the DC Universes only bad spot (Swamp Thing kind of too, but that's already gone so whatever.) which gives it a much higher batting average than The CW

Honestly, the batting average is very similar overall. Especially if you're just comparing at the live action shows, which I mentioned in my last post.