• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Damn that is a great "Shit just got real" moment.

CW shows need more of that

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Staff that can control gravity, and all other forms of energy.

And she uses it like a blunt force weapon

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Scratch that. This Sportsmaster is even more impressive. And he actually uses the sports gimmick too.

It was onely a matter of time before the new JSA would get an ass whopping.

Seriously though, Sportsmaster and Tigress are couple goals incarnate.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Big fan of Sportsmaster's dopey little bat flip

jZj6lz.gif

I love this dope

OMj64G.gif

Loving the major Team Rocket energy right here

71mV4G.gif

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Painkiller and Grave Digger vs Sportsmaster and Tigress?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
bless this show and Young Justice for what they do for Sportsmaster

but yeah it makes sense they're incompetent and got bodied, this is literally their first mission and they've had zero training

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
So, anyone else notice that during the fight scenes Tigress (I assume Joy Omanski's stunt double) she had flesh colored padding around her waist? They probably should've incorporated a covering in her costume to make that easier to hide.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the new episode now and the opening song jumped out at me. I'm assuming this inspired the Mortal Kombat movie theme.

XBlade

Oct 26, 2017
It's "You Ready for This" by 2 Unlimited. It's been used by sports teams for over 20 years lol. But yeah, seems like the MK theme took inspiration from it.
It's actually Twilight Zone by 2 Unlimited. But yea I was constantly reminded of MK while watching that part, MK was
definitely inspired by it.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
It's actually Twilight Zone by 2 Unlimited. But yea I was constantly reminded of MK while watching that part, MK was
definitely inspired by it.
Holy crap you're right.... they both blend into my head now a days

EDIT - Just noticed in both vids, they're rocking LA Kings gear... so yeah this was definitely made for hockey games back in the 90's. Both of these songs are burned into my brain.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I love Beth, but they need to give her a weapon or something. Right now she seems like a puppet for the AI

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I want Beth to be an android along with the owl being a robot and they combine to create a human sized megazord.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
This show is great. And, honestly, the costumes don't look as bad during the show as I thought they would based on the promotional materials. They certainly look much better than most CW costumes.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
So how durable is Hourman's hourglass supposed to be? Seems like Sportsmaster could've easily smashed it during that fight.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
So how durable is Hourman's hourglass supposed to be? Seems like Sportsmaster could've easily smashed it during that fight.
I would assume based on the contents being magical or whatever, there's probably some indestructible material or something.

But the whole hourglass thing is completely different in the comics. From what I remember, the only thing giving the person powers is a pill called Miraclo, and the hourglass was just something to keep track of the hour the pill give him powers for.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Those were some really dope fight scenes, they did Sportsmaster justice l

This show started out okay when it was just her and pat, but "let's expose who I really am to people I barely know to make a new team" has kind of soured my enjoyment a bit.

Yea I still preferred when it was just those two

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Waiting for the season to finish before watching but I do have a question:

Have they show anything that directly contradicts this being on Earth-2? Felt weird to me that they labeled it as Earth-2 in Crisis.

ravn0s

Oct 29, 2017

Have they show anything that directly contradicts this being on Earth-2? Felt weird to me that they labeled it as Earth-2 in Crisis.

Not that I'm aware of. The latest episode did have the shot from Crisis in it though.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017

Does the Earth-2 of before Crisis still exist? So is there anything to contradict?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Does the Earth-2 of before Crisis still exist? So is there anything to contradict?

Eventually, I hope that they clarify this. But based on what we've been shown so far, I think that other than the three universes that combined -- Earth-1 (Arrow, Flash, Legends), Earth-38 (Supergirl) and Earth-73 (Black Lightning) -- all of the other Earths were simply recreated as they were.

In both pre-Crisis scenes and the closing montage of the crossover, we saw the Titans universe labeled as Earth-9 and the Christopher Reeve/Brandon Routh Superman universe labeled as Earth-96.

So until they actually explain to us that the multiverse is truly different, other than the three universes that combined into Earth-Prime, that's what I'm going with. Heh.