• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
He just happened to also be a dickhead for requesting the pictures in the first place and then shunning her after the fact.
I don't think we can be 100% certain that it was him requesting the pictures. Assuming that there's some level of phone hackery going on, those messages may have been hacks too.

He is indeed still a dickhead for the reaction afterwards, regardless of his involvement in anything else, though.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just think of it as anime.
kids taking out the adult bad guys
Where's my OP with Courtney tearing a little bit watching the sunset, but then she sees all her friends, including Pat in the mecha, all smiling to her.

And we need more of the little brother in scenes like this:
tumblr_inline_pjtb764RtP1vf2ifg_540.gif

And more ads, he already had the Switch, the Pop-Tarts, what should be next? 🤔

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Suppose that Henry didn't request the picture, then he suddenly finds out his girlfriend shared nudes with someone else and blames him. For redemption, that could work.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we can be 100% certain that it was him requesting the pictures. Assuming that there's some level of phone hackery going on, those messages may have been hacks too.

He is indeed still a dickhead for the reaction afterwards, regardless of his involvement in anything else, though.

He did show his friends, though. I think the implication was that he DID request them, while how Cindy got her hands on them is the big ? right now.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He did show his friends, though. I think the implication was that he DID request them, while how Cindy got her hands on them is the big ? right now.

That's what I thought as well. On top of that, I was also wondering how the hell she sent it to everyone. Granted that's a common trope where someone can inexplicably send a message to everyone's phone like it's nothing, but maybe that's an ability/hacking thing too.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
That's what I thought as well. On top of that, I was also wondering how the hell she sent it to everyone. Granted that's a common trope where someone can inexplicably send a message to everyone's phone like it's nothing, but maybe that's an ability/hacking thing too.
I'd imagine she sent it to a few group chats then it spread from there.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
but wasn't it broken, like with a bullet hole on it? The original GL Alan Scott got his powers from a sentient asteroid that was shaped in the form of the lantern. The lantern could be dead.
The Starheart is magical- an offshoot of the residual powers the Guardians didn't understand. As someone else mentioned it looked like just the lens was broken. I guess we'll find out. As I understand the HBO show is going to be based around the GL Corps, different Lanterns.

Still, Doctor Fate tho.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
The Starheart is magical- an offshoot of the residual powers the Guardians didn't understand. As someone else mentioned it looked like just the lens was broken. I guess we'll find out. As I understand the HBO show is going to be based around the GL Corps, different Lanterns.

Still, Doctor Fate tho.

Starheart is a late retcon, originally the asteroid had nothing to do with the Guardians and has tied to ancient China legends. But of course it is pointless to discuss DC chronology. Anyway the show could introduced its own origin.

Fate? He is show in the huge display, we saw his helmet but it seems that Courtney didn't pick it and choose to carry a much larger lantern? Why? Fate would have been a great addition to the team and not a too big name for the show to not be allowed to use. However an old spirit inside a helmet controlling a teenager may not be really a good choice...

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Starheart is a late retcon, originally the asteroid had nothing to do with the Guardians and has tied to ancient China legends. But of course it is pointless to discuss DC chronology. Anyway the show could introduced its own origin.

Fate? He is show in the huge display, we saw his helmet but it seems that Courtney didn't pick it and choose to carry a much larger lantern? Why? Fate would have been a great addition to the team and not a too big name for the show to not be allowed to use. However an old spirit inside a helmet controlling a teenager may not be really a good choice...
She didn't appear to pick up Hawkman's wings/gravity belt either. But then we don't really know how many of these things were actually at the Justice Society's headquarters. It's possible Fate's helmet is in possession of someone else, in the tower, etc.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I would love it if they introduced Jared Stevens as Fate, then killed him off immediately to have Khalid become the true Dr. Fate.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love how crappy they are a superhero shit, even Robot Wilson was more of a fanboy at best.

That annoying 40 year old looking brother is gonna end up making work that pencil.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
She didn't appear to pick up Hawkman's wings/gravity belt either. But then we don't really know how many of these things were actually at the Justice Society's headquarters. It's possible Fate's helmet is in possession of someone else, in the tower, etc.

I think I saw Fate's helmet at JSA headquarter, I have to rewatch ep3.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Edit:
bbS3Tsj.png

Wanted to point it out before, but a few of her t-shirts are straight from the comics.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Another good episode. They really love these super dark cold opens that then break right into poppy, bouncy opening credits music, don't they?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Another good episode. I love the Goggles but Beth is insufferable.

I will say I miss the heart of the show which is Courtney and Pat, the kid focus isn't as good. Also it's getting worse with these 27 year old high schoolers, Rick looks the same age as his uncle. Anyway glad to know I could still get cast as a teenager

(oh and OG Doctor Midnite is the kid from ET)

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Rick is the first time I was like "that isn't a teenager." Everybody else is at least plausible, thinking back to my highschool days. Dude's hairline is already failing him.

Overall, I like Beth a lot. Could do without Rick, as-is.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty sure he's 21 or was he in school too but yeah he sure isn't passing as a highschool student.

Another good episode. I love the Goggles but Beth is insufferable.

I will say I miss the heart of the show which is Courtney and Pat, the kid focus isn't as good. Also it's getting worse with these 27 year old high schoolers, Rick looks the same age as his uncle. Anyway glad to know I could still get cast as a teenager

(oh and OG Doctor Midnite is the kid from ET)
I knew I saw his name in the opening but didn't catch that was him.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Rick is the first time I was like "that isn't a teenager." Everybody else is at least plausible, thinking back to my highschool days. Dude's hairline is already failing him.
If it gets much worse maybe they can explain that with the hourglass. "It gives you super-strength for an hour, but does this by using months of your life". (I'm unfamiliar with the comics so perhaps this is already a thing).

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they turn down the edge a bit on Receding Hairline Uchiha, not really liking the character and he better not be a love interest.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
His hairline isn't even that bad for an adult, but why would you pick that hairstyle for a teenager which accentuates it as much as possible? Just give him an emo fringe, he'll look younger and even more depressed

I hope they turn down the edge a bit on Receding Hairline Uchiha, not really liking the character and he better not be a love interest.
looks more like Icicle Jr will be the love interest

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
more like Icicle Jr will be the love interest
Good, not that I doubt it will be handled in the usual CW way, I feel it has dodged the usual tropes so far, people are nice, the protagonist actually share info with each other, there seems it's gonna have some critique about the good ol days.

Also, whats the deal with the creepy maintenance guy?

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I swear that they mentioned there would be no love interest stuff in the first season in an interview. But I can't remember which one.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I just looked and saw he's 23 but he's almost certainly playing closer to his age, Midnight's goggles did say there was an adult in the party house and I assumed that's him.
He's in school though (e: wiki says he's 15-16). If anything I'd say the adult was either Dragon King (as it's Cindy's house and he never shows his face anyway, in a Halloween Party of all things), or Cindy herself because she's probably biomechanical or some shit.

My general rule with actors is to also assume they're a few years older than their listed age lol