• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
So we are finally going to see Green Lantern on a TV show?

Also, where is Doctor Fate's helmet?

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
No it's not but the point is that those two probably won't be getting junior heroes anytime soon as they're already on other shows

But they shouldn't show the lantern so prominent them. Such be a bad tease. We know that Flash powers are not in his helmet. But Lantern is, and JSA Lantern had a different power set, based on nature. Ok, we are getting Thunderbold. We should get Doctor Fate too, since his helmet was there. It doesn't make sense that Mid-Nite is getting a new version, since his powers weren't in a suit. Also didn't the original Hourman got his powers form pills? Did they changed it at some point?

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Episode 4 is up on DC Universe!

Edit: Another great episode.

Was Mike playing an Atari Lynx?!

Last edited:

lojo

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting that the little brother has a friend named Jakeem.

I hope searching wikipedia to learn their powers becomes a running joke.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
But they shouldn't show the lantern so prominent them. Such be a bad tease. We know that Flash powers are not in his helmet. But Lantern is, and JSA Lantern had a different power set, based on nature. Ok, we are getting Thunderbold. We should get Doctor Fate too, since his helmet was there. It doesn't make sense that Mid-Nite is getting a new version, since his powers weren't in a suit. Also didn't the original Hourman got his powers form pills? Did they changed it at some point?
I didn't see Stargirl pick up Fate's helmet, Hawkman's gravity belt, and a few other items, but I haven't seen ep4 yet so I could be mistaken.

And afaik Hourman's powers did come from pills. There was even a whole storyline about how Rick Tyler (Rex's son) became addicted to the pills and was trying to resist taking them. At least that's what I think happened- I always get confused about the various DC iterations of their characters.

Paging Slayven...

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Them using Wikipedia to check Wildcat's powers gave me some serious Shazam vibes.

Dormammu

Banned
May 20, 2020
Episode 4 was great. I love this series. Been waiting for some more with this specific character. I could tell this person was going to be a favorite just off those few seconds of the first episode.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah that was another solid episode. Felt weird to start with the nude photos thing, I know it's a DCU but this is like the least sexual show related to the CW... ever?

Also focusing more on the students really show how old they are. Yolanda is 27 lmao. Cindy is 23 but looks and dresses like she's 35. The superhero outfit try on scene was very cute and wholesome. Anyway what I'm saying is I've still got a few years left to be cast as a high school superhero apparently

The main annoyance was Pat being left alone and the most interesting thing about Mike is looking to be his friend. Also Beth seems like she'll get annoying real quick

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It was my favorite episode so far.
I liked giving Courtney an actual friend to play off of works.

The little brother still seems mostly pointless.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
From a story outlook, I don't know why Pat's son exists. If you needed another family member that doesn't necessarily get along with Courtney, just make it so Buddy the dog didn't take a shine to her.

The costumes all still look pretty terrible other than Stargirl's. Guess we'll see how that progresses.

Outside of the above, I'm really enjoying the show so far. (Also are we all in agreement there's 0 chance she's actually Sylvester's daughter?)

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Another great episode. I like Yolanda and her costume looks better in motion. Her parents suck for not supporting their daughter the victim.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Felt like there was gonna be a swerve somewhere with the pics being shared. It didn't seem like her boyfriend did it as we never saw him send them to anyone else. How did the "mean girl" get them? Wonder if that will be a plot thread later on to try and redeem him? Though he did show them to his friends in the hallway, which was gross.

Side note, when did Wildcat's costume get magic powers? I don't recall anything like that.

XBlade

Oct 26, 2017
Felt like there was gonna be a swerve somewhere with the pics being shared. It didn't seem like her boyfriend did it as we never saw him send them to anyone else. How did the "mean girl" get them? Wonder if that will be a plot thread later on to try and redeem him? Though he did show them to his friends in the hallway, which was gross.

Side note, when did Wildcat's costume get magic powers? I don't recall anything like that.
Didn't she like also somehow get Courtney's phone number in the first ep? She literally brushed it aside when questioned. I do agree there might seem to be something more to it.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah it seemed like he didn't give the photo to Cindy. Why would he? But we met her dad Dragon King this episode, she definitely has access to nefarious resources, for lack of a better word.

also didn't realize the principal was The Fiddler

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017

That's 100% going to be the case.

Yolanda's parents are garbage.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at that Wildcat having to climb the hospital walls while Stargirl could just have fly over to the room.

And Cindy is the Doctor Ido daughter? He said that he has been working with his daughter so she may have some special ability.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Felt bad for Yolanda, she pours her heart out to her parents and they are.....yeah, shut up go to your room.....you would think that since a kid died recently tragically at that they would be a little more sympathetic to their daughter.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I found out earlier that Yvette Monreal (Yolanda) was also Gabriela/Rambo's adopted daughter in Last Blood, FFS. Suddenly Yolanda's garbage family parents aren't so bad... They still suck though but fucking hell Last Blood had some horrific shit.

Last edited:

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Please make half-day a regular shirt.

I actually like their exchange when visiting the hospital. Making Stargirl still green

I love the old school villain costume of Dr. Ido

They got
Captain America
Iron Man
Now Black Panther

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Given what this series is pulling from he's totally gonna get redeemed unless they go with a Prometheus like swerve

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Courtney's little brother will be the key to all of this by the end of the season, you'll see! The Pop-Tarts® were foreshadowing something big!
Either that or he will die to motivate Pat, Courtney, and his friend :'v

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon King is gonna do some necromancy shit on Wizard's corpse, isn't he?

Also, seconding everybody who's saying Yolanda's parents are absolute garbage. Not even a hint of sympathy or respect for their kid. Blue Valley sucks.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017

The mean girl, name is blanking on me. She got a hold of his phone, so she probably sent it to herself. Remember, he and his friends were most likely looking at it when she came up and took it. .

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The mean girl, name is blanking on me. She got a hold of his phone, so she probably sent it to herself. Remember, he and his friends were most likely looking at it when she came up and took it. .

She didn't really have enough time to do anything with it before he snatched it back. My guess is she SAW the picture when she grabbed the phone and then hacked him later.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
She didn't really have enough time to do anything with it before he snatched it back. My guess is she SAW the picture when she grabbed the phone and then hacked him later.
Could be it. Either way, Yolanda's boyfriend never did it. He wasn't careful, but it wasn't maliciously done on his part. So there is a chance that he may be redeemed later.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Could be it. Either way, Yolanda's boyfriend never did it. He wasn't careful, but it wasn't maliciously done on his part. So there is a chance that he may be redeemed later.

Oh, absolutely. You could tell by the way they framed the shot of him in the auditorium that it wasn't him who sent the pictures everywhere. Dude looked shocked.

He just happened to also be a dickhead for requesting the pictures in the first place and then shunning her after the fact.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, absolutely. You could tell by the way they framed the shot of him in the auditorium that it wasn't him who sent the pictures everywhere. Dude looked shocked.

He just happened to also be a dickhead for requesting the pictures in the first place and then shunning her after the fact.
Yeah, he's gonna need a lot of work for that forgiveness. Like you said, he never intended it to happen.....but after what happened it looks like he didn't stand by her.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
In the comics, Cindy (mean girl) has cybernetic enhancements thanks to her dad (Dragon King), good chance this version might have some tech tricks due to enhancements as there's been two cellphone tricks from her already. Either that or she's just a teenage girl with hacking skills.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
In the comics, Cindy (mean girl) has cybernetic enhancements thanks to her dad (Dragon King), good chance this version might have some tech tricks due to enhancements as there's been two cellphone tricks from her already. Either that or she's just a teenage girl with hacking skills.

Yes, by her scenes she looks the Bluetooth-Girl, just stand near and connect to the other people phones 🤣

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean no harm, but the evil girl has the Flash from Spiderman 1 problem

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Givign random depressed person superpowers finally works

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Hospital windows don't open above the first floor