• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda on board with this.

That said, if Ted Knight built the staff and Pemberton inherited it as a child, it would be strange because Knight would be ANCIENT. It might be that she's Ted's granddaughter.
I believe that's exactly what the quoted person is saying.
Jack Knight (Ted's son) is the father.

Starman looks good, the rest of the old JSA are placeholders so far but largely faithful

The Injustice Society are mostly dark leather clad which works fine

Stargirl and the new JSA have good costumes but oversized bulbous cowls

What the heck is up with the cowls, anyway? Like....they all seem to look like bicycle helmets with some leather/lycra over them. Who thought that looked good, especially Wildcat's?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
What the heck is up with the cowls, anyway? Like....they all seem to look like bicycle helmets with some leather/lycra over them. Who thought that looked good, especially Wildcat's?
They're trying to get a comics accurate shape to 'em but to do that with RL materials you need to go thick. Is what it is.

Wildcat's costume has always looked stupid, though.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
They're trying to get a comics accurate shape to 'em but to do that with RL materials you need to go thick. Is what it is.

Wildcat's costume has always looked stupid, though.
Hmm, I dunno. They could have very easily done Wildcat's mask very close to this.
7183851-yolanda.jpg

Especially since they basically did that exact type of mask (sans muzzle) with Batman Returns, without issue.

The Dr. Midnight one just outright looks like the mask doesn't fit her. It is entirely possible that's intentional, though.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
For the costumes, people will disagree, but I like the simplicity of the Legends of Tomorrow's one off Stargirl design versus the more leathery designed one from Stargirl.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I know so is it like arrowverse multiverse ala titans then?
I mean, they did have costumes hd shots

stargirl-cast-photo-header.jpg
The only one of those suits that's been shown in the show yet is Stargirl. Plus if you've seen the promo shots why do you need us to tell you if they're good or not lol

And yes it's the multiverse with Titans and Doom Patrol each getting their own earth

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Jakeem seems like an easy pick next season, we know Thunderbolt is out there somewhere. He's probably in one of Pat's boxes.

also looking forward to the scene where Pat has to explain to Barbara why he thought it was a good idea to enable a bunch of teenage superheroes. like you saw the OGs die right in front of you lol

mm04

Oct 27, 2017
So someone tell me what the differences so far between CW and DCU versions? Unfortunately my DCU annual subscription ended right after the premiere and I wasn't ready to commit to more with the uncertainty of the service going forward. I may wait a few months so I can binge finish out Harley Quinn and re-watch this one.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
So someone tell me what the differences so far between CW and DCU versions? Unfortunately my DCU annual subscription ended right after the premiere and I wasn't ready to commit to more with the uncertainty of the service going forward. I may wait a few months so I can binge finish out Harley Quinn and re-watch this one.
They cut about 10 minutes per episode.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I swear if crusher turns out to be a villain, i'm flippin a fuckin table

Introducing the *RIPPED League of America.

*Not affilliated with the Justice League of America or the Injustice League of America

Another solid episode. I don't know how long this will last, but thus far I'm satisfied with the show.

I can't help but feel like Brainwave's actor looks a LOT like a skinnier Matt Letscher though, and that's a little distracting.

Looks like a cross between Matt Letscher and Ulrich Thomsen from Banshee.

I had to look on IMDB to make sure the actor playing Jordan wasn't the guy who played Henry Heywood in Legends of Tomorrow.

MV5BMjIyOTk3MDkzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTM0MTA2NjE@._V1_.jpg
MV5BYzViZTJjOTgtYmY0My00MjdhLTk2MjQtMjkxZTlhZjQ4OWMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE5NzA1NTU@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

Last edited:

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Off to a great start. It's like a cross between early Smallville and Flash S1 with a decent budget. General tone is light but with creepy villians. Love the cast. I just hope it doesn't get CW-ified in S2 like Riverdale.

Subatomic Tactical Robot Internet Pat Enhancer LOL.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, actual confirmation that their Flash is dead. This episode is pretty goddamn dark.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Glad to hear the show is good, will check it out now.

I read above that Titans is part of the multi-arrowverse? Was that confirmed in an episode? I haven't watched S2 yet

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Glad to hear the show is good, will check it out now.

I read above that Titans is part of the multi-arrowverse? Was that confirmed in an episode? I haven't watched S2 yet
Crisis on Infinite Earths showed that basically all live-action DC stuff is set in the same multiverse, including the movies.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What the..did they specifically label each earth at some point? I must have missed it

They're all shown during the little montage of the restored universes at the end of Crisis Part 5.

Presumably Lucifer's Earth-666 came back as well - or escaped destruction entirely - since Lucifer's scene in Crisis takes place several years before the start of his show.

And yes, you should watch it. It's fun.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
They're all shown during the little montage of the restored universes at the end of Crisis Part 5.

Presumably Lucifer's Earth-666 came back as well - or escaped destruction entirely - since Lucifer's scene in Crisis takes place several years before the start of his show.

And yes, you should watch it. It's fun.
I didn't want to watch without catching up on the shows and that seemed like such a daunting task. I'll probably just watch Crisis episodes after I watch Stargirl. Thanks for the education

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't want to watch without catching up on the shows and that seemed like such a daunting task. I'll probably just watch Crisis episodes after I watch Stargirl. Thanks for the education

Yeah, you'd go insane trying to keep up with every single Arrowverse show if you wanted to burn through them all at once. I pretty much just watch the Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and this one.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I seem to be among the few here who watch every CW DC show, and am caught up on all of them.

Only modern DC shows I haven't watched are Gotham and Krypton...well, I did watch the pilot of Gotham when it premiered, but never felt like watching any more of it.

I do still need to finish watching Swamp Thing. Only watched 2-3 episodes.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I seem to be among the few here who watch every CW DC show, and am caught up on all of them.

Only modern DC shows I haven't watched are Gotham and Krypton...well, I did watch the pilot of Gotham when it premiered, but never felt like watching any more of it.

I do still need to finish watching Swamp Thing. Only watched 2-3 episodes.
I watched all the berlanti stuff as well.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iceman conveniently landing on the road where a bus full of kids are traveling which also happens to include Wizard guy's son... and then tries to kill them because? and when that failed he picked out Wizard's son from across a lake? lol And then they wanted me to care about the kid who had like 5 seconds of screen time? Not to mention Court leaving Pat to freeze before all this

And who the hell has 10ft tall pictures of themselves in their superhero HQ?

Okay episode aside from those nitpicks

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
That already had way more justice society than I expected =O

Why there is no promo shot of anyone with the LANTERN ???

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually really surprised the wizards were killed off so early, I figured him and the kid would play a bigger part.

Also, what do we do about spoiler tags? Since not everyone watches this on the DCU.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Yeesh, I have never seen or heard of that character before... I mean, I never really read any old JSA stuff anyway, but I've been reading DC since the early 90's, ya think I would've come across him.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I got whiplash from this episode. Everything about the bridge and what followed was insanely stupid.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Show definitely feels like a mix of DCU, CW, and Smallville. It's pretty good so far

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
They just made the son (Matt) one dimensional and annoying.

Damn father and son died just like that.