• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Man they hammer that starman is her dad thing hard, so you know he isn't.

Oct 27, 2017
Icicle looks more like her dad than Starman

I hardly think it's a coincidence that basically all the male villains are blond men in their 40's, but him being the most well known actor makes me think it's probably him as well.

Also, Pat being so adamant it isn't Starman makes me think we may be getting a "Starman was gay" revelation as well.

Last edited:

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Here you can see who will be featured on the show this season... and who won't be. Lololol

EZCXZQQXgAMw3pU

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It would be fun quite if Sam Kurtis was just Sam Kurtis, a nobody criminal.

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
Does anyone get the feeling that

Sylvester Pemberton isn't her dad, but that Jack Knight, Ted's son and the Starman from the 90s, might be. As of the second episode, we know Ted Knight exists in this universe and created the cosmic staff. Also, Jack Knight's creator, James Robinson, is a producer.

I feel like that would be the best payoff for the "Is he the father?" plotline.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Another good episode. Bit surprised.

Do we have a comparison list yet?
Can't find one, but this article is based on the DC Universe version.
tvline.com

Stargirl Recap: Brain Games — Plus, Which Baddie Just Pulled Into Town?

DC’s Stargirl this week may have vanquished one foe, only to acquire a formidable archenemy. Following her close call with Brainwave — who found left behind a singed half of a BVHS student ID — Stargirl was whisked to safety by Pat in his giant robot armor, which he said he first started...

Here are the parts from the scenes missing. First one is near the beginning of the episode, I think right after Courtney and Pat talk in the garage.
Late that same night, Blue Valley councilman William Zarick is woken by a visit from Brainwave aka Henry King Sr., after first retrieving his Wizard wand from a safe. "We have a problem," Henry declares, explaining the resurfacing of the cosmic staff. Not wanting to waste any time — and suspecting that William might make a run for it with his family at the first hint of danger — Henry says he already has summoned "Jordan." Henry then alludes to the ISA's grand plan, reminding William that Blue Valley is "the perfect test case" for what they call "Project New America."
This is just before Pat goes to the gym, I think. Mr. Sharpe is the guy with Icicle at the end of the episode.
Elsewhere, Barbara reported for work at The American Dream, where CFO Mr. Sharpe shot down all of her fundraising ideas.
There was also a scene with Pat meeting Denise Zarick during the open house. And a scene with Pat in the basement with his dog before he tests out S.T.R.I.P.E.'s fist missile.

Don't recall anything else off the top of my head.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone get the feeling that

Sylvester Pemberton isn't her dad, but that Jack Knight, Ted's son and the Starman from the 90s, might be. As of the second episode, we know Ted Knight exists in this universe and created the cosmic staff. Also, Jack Knight's creator, James Robinson, is a producer.

I feel like that would be the best payoff for the "Is he the father?" plotline.

I'm kinda on board with this.

That said, if Ted Knight built the staff and Pemberton inherited it as a child, it would be strange because Knight would be ANCIENT. It might be that she's Ted's granddaughter.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Brainwave was appropriately unsettling, especially when he expressed delight in torturing a 15 year old girl.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so that's how they string Star girl's secret identity for the villains. Brainwave coming back as season cliffhanger?

I'm stargirl and that's my sidekick
Pat: Great 😆

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Well since I can access it via the CW app for free, I might as well start watching it there (despite the cuts), since I been thinking of JSA again recently heh.

First episode was definitely a good start. I think Brec could definitely be good as Courtney, and they are doing a great job with the cosmic staff. Good to see Brainwave being kind of creepy and all too, and I look forward to seeing more of the Injustice Society (especially Artemis and her parents).