• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I too sleep above the covers in my day clothes, sneakers, and makeup. And my mom don't say shit about it.

Cool show. Seems like it'll be fun. I know nothing about the source material but I think I already like it more than I've ever liked Flash.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
If they have to edit all the episodes down for time on the CW that's going to potentially be a lot of cut content. Maybe use it as an eventual selling point for people willing to do a rewatch after the season ends.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Wow they cut out some important bits on the CW version yet kept the microwave marshmallows thing?

I think her hair gives it away the most but it's a superhero show, you have to suspend disbelief a little on that stuff like no one who knows and is close to Clark Kent who can't make the connection that he's Superman.

The microwave marshmallows thing allows the distraction for her to get out of the basement without being seen, though.

It's not only the hair that gives her away, it's that she's the newbie in a small town where everyone knows everyone and this superhero that looks exactly like her shows up (and then heroes that look exactly like her potential friends show up soon after). So I don't know if they'll play that straight and address it or just make us suspend our disbelief. Either way, Brainwave knows so something needs to be done about that.

Though this is also the show where not only Stripesy went around without a mask, but Skyman/Starman did as well (both from the comic), and he drives the same car.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
The microwave marshmallows thing allows the distraction for her to get out of the basement without being seen, though.

It's not only the hair that gives her away, it's that she's the newbie in a small town where everyone knows everyone and this superhero that looks exactly like her shows up (and then heroes that look exactly like her potential friends show up soon after). So I don't know if they'll play that straight and address it or just make us suspend our disbelief. Either way, Brainwave knows so something needs to be done about that.
The light blinded them so they didn't see the superhero. Isn't that what brainwave's kid said?

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought Brainwave died, or ends up badly hurt from the explosion, and somehow he's gonna transfer his power to his son.

And that could result in the return of Icicle to Blue Valley too.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm sure he'll get to the high school looking for a blonde teenager and realize... crap

Blonde teenager, probably new in town, dad works on old cars that kind of look like that robot and owns a garage big enough to house said robot... I mean they make it a point (though not in the CW version ) that somehow that cheerleader has Courtney's cell phone number on her first day. Plus everyone looks at her suspiciously. :)

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Blonde teenager, probably new in town, dad works on old cars that kind of look like that robot and owns a garage big enough to house said robot... I mean they make it a point (though not in the CW version ) that somehow that cheerleader has Courtney's cell phone number on her first day. Plus everyone looks at her suspiciously. :)

I don't think anyone would put together that the car and suit are one and the same.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched this after recording it earlier this week. Not particularly familiar with the source material, but it seems fun, so I expect that I'll stick with it. Have more room for it after dropping two other CW shows already between Supergirl (seasons go on for too long for the sake of it) and Riverdale (too stupid and it only annoys me now), the pilot for Batwoman having failed to interest me in the rest of that series yet that's just as well with something as awkward as having to swap leads.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
So how old is Stripsey supposed to be in this? On the newspaper Courtney saw where he was fighting crime with Star-Spangled Kid, it said 1949. So that would make Pat Dugan around 70? Is he fuckin immortal or what?

newgameplus

Oct 26, 2017
So how old is Stripsey supposed to be in this? On the newspaper Courtney saw where he was fighting crime with Star-Spangled Kid, it said 1949. So that would make Pat Dugan around 70? Is he fuckin immortal or what?
There is an explanation for this in the comics. I dunno what the show is going to do.

time travel

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
There is an explanation for this in the comics. I dunno what the show is going to do.

time travel

oh really? Ok - and actually I just went back to that scene and the newspaper said it had been 'around since 1940', not that it was 1940, so that's my bad.

And I guess they'll probably talk about it later,but I'm assuming this particular JSA operated from the 90's to 2010 or so? And there wasnt a different one in WW2 era?

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Episode 2 is up on DC Universe!

Edit: Another great episode. Brainwave is terrifying.

P.S. Happy 21st birthday to Stargirl herself, Brec Bassinger!

Last edited:

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
oh really? Ok - and actually I just went back to that scene and the newspaper said it had been 'around since 1940', not that it was 1940, so that's my bad.

And I guess they'll probably talk about it later,but I'm assuming this particular JSA operated from the 90's to 2010 or so? And there wasnt a different one in WW2 era?
Or Starman joined later on, but for the timeline to work - Starman disappearing the same night as her dad - he needs to have been Starman in the 00s.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
2 for 2 on great episodes. Pat's a fantastic character.

As for how long the JSA has been operating, they name drop Ted Knight so it looks like they're a multigenerational thing.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing that annoyed in tonight's episode is when she was pinned down reaching for the staff... the staff that flies around on its own.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
After two episodes, still enjoying this! Didn't really think I would. 👍

In the Injustice Society Lair, I recognize all of the villains in the portrait except for the two on the right. Looking around on the internet for the most likely choice - Gambler and Hazard?

and just realized with Sportsmaster in this, we may eventually get his daughter - Artemis! 😬

Edit: Just realized the person on the right is Fiddler. Looked closer and can see him holding a fiddle.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
After two episodes, still enjoying this! Didn't really think I would. 👍

In the Injustice Society Lair, I recognize all of the villains in the portrait except for the two on the right. Looking around on the internet for the most likely choice - Gambler and Hazard?

and just realized with Sportsmaster in this, we may eventually get his daughter - Artemis! 😬

Edit: Just realized the person on the right is Fiddler. Looked closer and can see him holding a fiddle.
Artemis is already in the show! She's Sportsmaster and Tigress's daughter that they were bragging would be in the NFL.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I went from eh I'll check this out to being super into it. Really enjoyed the two episodes so far. Luke Wilson is fantastic as Pat.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Another solid episode. I don't know how long this will last, but thus far I'm satisfied with the show.

I can't help but feel like Brainwave's actor looks a LOT like a skinnier Matt Letscher though, and that's a little distracting.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
One thing that annoyed in tonight's episode is when she was pinned down reaching for the staff... the staff that flies around on its own.
Yea that was weird. It seemed like the staff became inactive when she wasnt touching it... which contradicts what happens in the first episode.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, so I guess the car isn't Stripe after all.

Damn. Just heard Pat say that he recently built it so I guess not even though I haven't seen the car and robot at the same time yet. The size would be off I guess given how big the robot is, but it still should have been his car like a transformer like I was thinking last week when it first showed up lol

It really looks so much like the car lol.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Just heard Pat say that he recently built it so I guess not even though I haven't seen the car and robot at the same time yet. The size would be off I guess given how big the robot is, but it still should have been his car like a transformer like I was thinking last week when it first showed up lol

It really looks so much like the car lol.

They might do that eventually.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
What can a robot car do against a powerful telepath?

Apparently absolutely nothing.