• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh shit they had Johnny Thunder? I guess Jakeem won't be on Black Lightning

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I feeling that actors get when they enjoy what they do in superhero shows never gets old.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Manty scenes have CW done where the bully gets disproportionate payback leveled on them?

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Courtney does have a point. Stripesy is a pretty lame name even for a sidekick.
Most golden age names are lame in hindsight
af1e2a9371364d9b67d9ea448fbfd107.jpg

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So here's what I noticed being cut for The CW's version:

Pat and Courtney talking on the way to school, her walking into the school for the first time, and later meeting some cheerleaders after she had her ID picture taken. One of those cheerleaders will be important later, so I'm surprised they cut her out. She, Cindy Burman, only appears for a moment in The CW's version after Courtney gets in trouble in the cafeteria saying "That's my boyfriend, bitch" and then apologizing to the principal for saying it. Courtney being in detention and I think a shot of her leaving the school were also cut. There were also some shots of the janitor which, if it follows the comics, might be a big deal later.

Some parts after Brainwave talks to his son about who he saw destroy his car were also cut, along with Brainwave talking to Icicle over the phone about him thinking that Starman has returned.

There might have also been random cuts here and there, but this is what I noticed.

It was one of the pictures on the wall during the scene where Courtney is finishing packing up her things to move.

Last edited:

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
It's itches my nerd brain that they skip to her getting the Rod. She started with the cosmic belt and didn't get the rod until much later

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
He's dead though

Hello Jade and obsidian though

Is he? I don't remember seeing him, or Fate, or Johnny Thunder, and only Flash's helmet. That's how you know you're in trouble, when Starman is the only heavy hitter left standing and it isn't even Ted Knight.

So here's what I noticed being cut for The CW's version:

Pat and Courtney talking on the way to school, her walking into the school for the first time, and later meeting some cheerleaders after she had her ID picture taken. One of those cheerleaders will be important later, so I'm surprised they cut her out. She, Cindy Burman, only appears for a moment in The CW's version after Courtney gets in trouble in the cafeteria saying "That's my boyfriend, bitch" and then apologizing to the principal for saying it. Courtney being in detention and I think a shot of her leaving the school were also cut. There were also some shots of the janitor which, if it follows the comics, might be a big deal later.

Some parts after Brainwave talks to his son about who he saw destroy his car were also cut, along with Brainwave talking to Icicle over the phone about him thinking that Starman has returned.

There might have also been random cuts here and there, but this is what I noticed.

It was one of the pictures on the wall during the scene where Courtney is finishing packing up her things to move.

Did they cut the language? There's an "ahole" in there at the drive in that I didn't think was allowed on network tv.

It's itches my nerd brain that they skip to her getting the Rod. She started with the cosmic belt and didn't get the rod until much later

That itches your nerd brain but not the fact that the rod is sentient? The entire premise is basically different as far as her powers go.

There's no way she maintains a secret identity, right? I mean how many blonde gymnasts are there in that small town where everyone knows each other, let alone four loser kids who all look exactly like the four costumed heroes that will show up. I don't know why that bothers me. Also Stripesy not bothering to even disguise the car, and knowing that there's baddies in that town and still bringing his unwitting family there.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
is it the uncut one?
No, it's the TV edit. You'll need DC Universe to watch that. Or wait for the Blu-ray release that is sure to come later since they've released everything else so far.
Did they cut the language? There's an "ahole" in there at the drive in that I didn't think was allowed on network tv.
I rewatched both versions of the scene, and yeah, they changed the line. They changed it from, "Knock it off, Henry! We're trying to watch the movie, assholes! It's a classic!" to "Knock it off, we're trying to watch the movie, Henry!"

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Damn that was a really good premiere.

I have a huge soft spot for the JSA so there was heaps in there for me, so many references, so much set up. The idyllic town secretly being run by the Injustice Society is a great premise. Thinking they'll go a more classic route with Courtney's father, he's probably a villain of some kind. Dunno if they'll go petty criminal or big bad tho.

Blue Valley? That was Impulse's OG stomping ground
That's Kid Flash's hometown, Impulse was Manchester

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Got an email from WB that the first episode is available to own on digital platforms now. It's the uncut extended version.

Show should likely be available on a Blu-ray + Digital combo pack in a few months as well like the rest of the DC Universe shows.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to watching this today. Pretty damn solid premiere. The opening had some horror vibes, which I wasn't expecting, but in retrospect it does set the tone really well for the premise. Audience should be afraid of the bad guys here, it enhances the underdog sympathy we have for Courtney. Rest of it was good - I like the main cast a fair bit, and tying the CW teen drama stuff back the supervillains in a concise way was effective.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
good thing I saw the DC episode.
lots of important cuts.

the car scene I thought was important to established her and Pat's relationship
also, the two villain talk establishing the group this keeps contact
Keeps contact - and that they don't always follow their marching orders.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I was thinking Brainwave would have to be toast or they would just go over to Stripey's house and kill the family. Though like I said before that costume is not disguising her identity at all.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Both Brainwave and Brainwave Jr are regulars so my guess is he'll be the main big bad this season and the junior Injustice Society will be next season

Although episode titles imply we're going to get Shiv this season

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Wow they cut out some important bits on the CW version yet kept the microwave marshmallows thing?
I was thinking Brainwave would have to be toast or they would just go over to Stripey's house and kill the family. Though like I said before that costume is not disguising her identity at all.
I think her hair gives it away the most but it's a superhero show, you have to suspend disbelief a little on that stuff like no one who knows and is close to Clark Kent who can't make the connection that he's Superman.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I used to stay on top of the Arrowverse and CW shows but fell off a little while back; I guess maybe two seasons ago for everything? I was watching Flash with my wife and daughter and then the other shows on my own but then I started working nights during the week and haven't been able to watch much with them since. We sat down and watched Stargirl last night though and I thought it was well-enough. I'm not familiar with the character or the JSA all that much so it's nice to be watching something I don't know much about. I'll try to keep up on it.