• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Budget in the opening few mins is probably more than whatever Flash and Arrow had for a few eps.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Totally forgot about this show. Hope it turns out well, as Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E and the JSA run with Geoff Johns are really damn good comics.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Wow first episode was great. I enjoyed it alot more than I thought I would. I was worried this would remind me of the CW stuff but it really didnt. Got a kick out of seeing the JSA aswell.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I don't know if will watch it on the CW

I do wonder what will be cut

I can already see the younger brother getting a smaller role

And some of the longer takes with town people greeting em.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Yep, I'm all in. That was a great pilot. Still a bit weird about the JSA existing up until only 10 years ago though, lol. Funny how they had to blur out the Flash's face so they can cast later (c'mon John Wesley Ship!).

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty good so far! Cinematography and effects are great. Did not like the drama behind Stargirl's dad. Pat barely took a look at her photo.

Also, The Flash in the jsa photo, was that the actor from The Flash or someone else?

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
It's really cool to hear the first episode was good. I'll probably have to wait to see it on the CW app, but I'm excited to check it out now.

OP
OP
Eleriu

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The positive impressions are nice to see. Looking forward to watching it once it hits the CW app.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Watched it with the kids (probably the only DC Universe live action series I could watch with them). They loved it. As a big fan of the JSA, the opening scene was awesome though it does hamstring them a little concerning the characters they actually showed, plus I can't believe that the police just came and arrested them after what went down, but I'll wait and see what happens.

If Pemberton is the dad, then that's really screwed up: either Duggan is not as goody two shoes as he seems or he's an idiot who never bothered to look at the dad's photo before. That also applies to moving your new family to a town where you know there's a bunch of super villains because you happened to meet your wife while there investigating them.

I can't see her keeping a secret identity in that town with that costume, and her cover's already blown (plus from the promo poster all the losers super obviously costume up). I wonder if we have to suspend disbelief on that or if they won't have secret identities. I mean the car alone is like a dead giveaway.

The gymnastics moves were... shoed in? I dunno how to describe it, I'm not sure why she'd do all these gymnastic moves on it other than to try to make a cool scene?

Other than that, I know Johns has put in a lot of work on this and it shows, so I'll stick with it until the budget drops into the deepest darkest pit.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this show looked too good to be a cw and and doesn't have the cw cheese

It being a DCU show makes so much sense

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
The budget is like entire Arrow's season.

I thought the entire season will be Brainwave trying to figure out who Stargirl is.

If they handle it right. One villain per season of the group to team up villain in the future.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Will watch it tonight but seeing the cast list and the characters has me excited.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Wait she was 18 when she started on the show and she's turning 21? How long did this show take to make?

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Wait she was 18 when she started on the show and she's turning 21? How long did this show take to make?
Joel McHale said she was 18 when cast, but she was actually 19. She turned 20 while filming one of the earlier episodes last year...now she'll be turning 21 a week after the premiere. Show was originally supposed to premiere late last year, though. But I guess the deal to air it on The CW as well delayed it.

Joel McHale also messed up and said that it airs at 9 PM, but it airs at 8 PM. He really Britta'd that interview.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect the pilot to be this strong, thoroughly enjoyed it. The opening reminds me a bit of the DCUO Opening/Trailer.

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
I enjoyed the pilot a lot. I do have a question, the episode on HBO Portugal rans for 50 minutes. Is this the DC Universe version or the CW version?

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Who the hell is covering MMBop?

Also the childhood friend is totally going to be Cyclone right?

Blue Valley? That was Impulse's OG stomping ground

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine getting bodied by a guy that calls himself Brainwave. But I can't wait for Brainwave Jr, i always loved him

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Dude looks like he lost the lead role for Riverdale