• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
S3xuMjs.png

4zil9kP.png

Synopsis: STARGIRL follows high school sophomore Courtney Whitmore as she inspires an unlikely group of young heroes to stop the villains of the past. This new drama re-imagines Stargirl and the very first superhero team, the Justice Society of America.

Premier Date:
May 18th on DC Universe then May 19th on The CW.

Where to watch:
DC Universe (It'll be on here first)
CW on Tuesday's at 8/7c (on the app for free the next day)

m1qnPjj.png

The Cast:
Brec Bassinger as Courtney Whitmore / Stargirl
Yvette Monreal as Yolanda Montez / Wildcat
Anjelika Washington as Beth Chapel / Doctor Mid-Nite
Cameron Gellman as Rick Tyler / Hourman
Trae Romano as Mike Dugan
Jake Austin Walker as Henry King Jr.
Hunter Sansone as Cameron
Meg DeLacy as Cindy Burman
Neil Jackson as Jordan Mahkent / Icicle
Christopher James Baker as Henry King Sr. / Brainwave
Amy Smart as Barbara Whitmore
Luke Wilson as Pat Dugan / S.T.R.I.P.E.
Joy Osmanski as Paula Brooks / Tigress
Neil Hopkins as Lawrence "Crusher" Crock / Sportsmaster
Nelson Lee as Dr. Ito / Dragon King
IESmm8d.png

ALppHYf.png

Q: Do I need DC Universe?
A: No you don't unless you want to watch it right away.

Q: Does DC Universe have anything special?
A: Yes, there will be exclusive extended content on some episodes that will make them a bit longer, because they got to make you pay for the service somehow. In seriousness they had to cut 10 minutes out of the first two episodes to accommodate for commercials on network TV. It's not known if this will be the same for the rest of the episodes or it's just for these two. There will also be behind the scenes and interviews if you like that stuff.

Q: Is this part of the Beeboverse?
A: It takes place on Earth-2 and not on Earth Prime (insert Warframe joke here) like the other shows. If there's any references and or greater connections to Earth Prime then that remains to be seen.

Q: Who came up with the title?
A: Thread title thanks to KDash.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I still shocked we getting STRIPES, i assume not every ep

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully the episodes on HBO here in Portugal will be the DC Universe versions and not the CW versions.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Let's see how this turns out!
Well, it's currently at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. I've yet to see anyone that's seen it say they didn't like it. A bunch of people got screeners of the first 3 to 5 episodes a while ago.

www.rottentomatoes.com

DC's Stargirl

Synopsis:Rotten Tomatoes, home of the Tomatometer, is the most trusted measurement of quality for Movies & TV. The definitive site for Reviews, Trailers, Showtimes, and Tickets

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's currently at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. I've yet to see anyone that's seen it say they didn't like it. A bunch of people got screeners of the first 3 to 5 episodes a while ago.

www.rottentomatoes.com

DC's Stargirl

Synopsis:Rotten Tomatoes, home of the Tomatometer, is the most trusted measurement of quality for Movies & TV. The definitive site for Reviews, Trailers, Showtimes, and Tickets
Thanks!

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Geoff Johns must be proud. He got to make a character based off his late sister and now she gets to be on her own show. And she's well-liked in general too.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
So I take it we have to put our thoughts in spoilers until it airs live on Tuesday on the east coast if we choose to watch it on Monday on the DCU app?

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So I take it we have to put our thoughts in spoilers until it airs live on Tuesday on the east coast if we choose to watch it on Monday on the DCU app?
I don't have DCU but fuck that. If you want to talk about it openly after watching it on DCU then do so. If people don't want spoilers before watching an episode then they should stay out until they watch it.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Star Girl is a character I really have almost no knowledge of. So this might be a fun show to watch without any expectations.

Geeklat

Feb 13, 2018
I expect a great first season of comic book hijinks only for the budget to disappear leading to 3 more seasons of less to no costumes and slow drama on repeating sets. Citizen Steel does still have super powers yes?

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Yeah, it's a show primarily intended for DC Universe, it's got a higher budget and probably had more time in pre-production than the CW shows.
Final episode of the season had finished filming in September according to Brec Bassinger, so they've had the better part of a year to work on it. And it shows. The CW shows usually have like a month or two to do everything.

Gabe323

Oct 18, 2019
I enjoyed it! Production is way better than the CW shows but the cinematography isn't quite up there with Titans or Doom Patrol. Costumes and special effects were all pretty great but the combat is rough just like all of these shows start off with. I'll be checking out the rest of the season for sure.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Final episode of the season had finished filming in September according to Brec Bassinger, so they've had the better part of a year to work on it. And it shows. The CW shows usually have like a month or two to do everything.
Yep, the Flash is lucky to have a couple weeks to work on post production before they have to move to the end one unless the VFX team is given a heads up of the plans ahead of time.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was one of the strongest openers of any of these shows. Looking forward to the next :)

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I didn't realize it was dropping at midnight and didn't wanna stay up last night, but checked it out this morning.

I dig it. It's funny when you cast a teenager, who is at least closer to the age should be. And the ending shot is a nice hook