• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
I like this. I really like this. I only wish it was on a format that allow for a seamless transition of the action. Blurays still have to load up

Oct 25, 2017
Not a great mini and clearly designed to appease fans after 4 messy years for her but it happened. Basically nothing refected this comic as Batman was RIPed immediately and Black Bat was only in the first half of Batman Inc after his return. Flashpoint decanonized this and Post Rebirth books never reflected this either.
I have to agree with DC on this. This is as weird is him adopting an adult man in Batman Forever. Cass is a great character and Rebirth saved her but this is too weird.
5f44bc03162b88f55ace420c00db1cf0.jpg
How is that weird? He just made it official.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Here is another good DC toon literal nobody knows about. The first good DC toon wasn´t Batman TAS. It was this. TAS and beyond are on another level of course.
Go through DC´s animated catalog after 1988 carefully and one by one Era. There is quality in all sorts of places one would be surprised by. The Batman, for example, had a huge jump in narrative quality in S4 and 5 and Tiny Toon Adventures (1990) had all sorts of cool DC related stuff:

THE lists you need:

About Tim in Batman TAS. He is basically Jason. Even his backstory is Jason´s with Croc being changed into Two-Face. Not a bad take on a 2nd Robin but a convoluted one. Even before be became Neo Joker for a movie.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Wasn't that originally Jason's outfit from another universe in Countdown to 52, and Tim took it when he stopped being Robin? Or something like that.

Agree that someone high up hates Tim. He hasn't made any of the animated movies. :(

I imagine he's just harder to integrate if you're doing continuity between films. Dick is the first, Todd has the tragedy, Damien is the newest. Tim doesn't have an iconic Bat-story to adapt either.

It would be nice to see more of him, Babs, Cassandra, and Stephanie, though.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't that originally Jason's outfit from another universe in Countdown to 52, and Tim took it when he stopped being Robin? Or something like that.

Agree that someone high up hates Tim. He hasn't made any of the animated movies. :(

I actually think Dick had it first or something. But Tim made it his imo.

Tim is just too normalI guess. For the longest time he had no dead parents or tragic backstory. Such a shame too. I'd love an all Robins movie or book with them just hanging out.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Babs is highly used. The problem with Tim is indeed that his origin is connected to other Robins in a way none of the others are. He is also "the good Robin". He never wanted to stop! Not much drama here. Something even the comics have stuggled with after we got Damian. The other 3 are of course drama central with iconic stories that are purely their own. Something Tim lacks. Tim is now on Young Justice so there is that. Dito for Spoilers and Jason was in S3 for real. Clear set up for S4.
2098c21880a983831b53dcd9b3eab537.gif
Screen_Shot_2019_01_14_at_10.35.42_AM.png

@Aly Tim had a dead mother since the start and his father was paralyzed:
dc.fandom.com

Obeah Man (New Earth)

The Obeah Man was a mighty Haitian criminal and alleged black magician ("obeah" is a voodoo word meaning, approximately, "black magic") who kidnapped the parents of Tim Drake and demanded a ransom from Drake Industries for the couple's safe return. He brutally murdered one of the Drake's friends...

Last edited:

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I hope that having sex with Talia is one of the options:
98407cab3e20dcf649e0ad5acd00486b12979e59_hq.jpg

Punish him! From Red Hood: The Lost Days by modern Red Hood creator Judd Winick. She also had sex with Bane. These are canon facts and we need to face them, true believers! For real though. He had a weird relationship with the women in his life before 2011. And after but things got less insane. I´ll admit that. Jason is the least fuckale Robin. Easily.

TheNormalMan

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Holy shit, these animated shorts are dope and...Tim & Dick teaming up and being bros! DC almost never lets that happen since the introduction of Damian. How haven't I watched these before?
The producer of these is now in charge of the next set of movies in the DTV line starting with Superman: Man of Tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing what Butch brings to the table!

Oct 27, 2017
DCAU-Era, is any place in the world getting a steelbook of this movie? Release is only a few weeks away, and not target or zavvi seems to have one listed.

I think this is the first Batman animated movie in a long time that didn't have a steelbook release. Not a good sign, wb.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I got it in the mail today, so far I've seen 5 or 6 endings, and it's a meatier package than I thought.

Some of it re-uses scenes with some touch-ups and some of the segments are just stills with a voice over. But been watching for just about an hour or so with the various choices.

Some fun cameos as well depending on the path you take.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So which ending makes Jason a compelling character?
/s I meant Damian
I think it's compelling that....
For the most part, he doesn't turn out well no matter what happens. It seems like he really is driven by revenge and only once he comes face to face with that can he change.

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
Hey if anyone is thinking of renting this digitally definitely don't, there's no choose your own adventure element at all on the rental. Big bummer.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Hey if anyone is thinking of renting this digitally definitely don't, there's no choose your own adventure element at all on the rental. Big bummer.
I was curious about that. I bought the blu ray and watched all the choices and thought about how the digital was going to handle this. So what actually happens if you view the digital?

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I watched all of the endings, and marveled at the way WB tried to save a few bucks by avoiding 95% of voice acting from the scenes of Under the Red Hood. Id be lying if i said that I didn't make enjoy some of the endings, but the vast majority was IMHO, throwing shit against the walls and seeing what stuck.

We should have known something was up when this didn't get a steelbook release. Part of me Hope seems they cancel the Long Halloween adaption. Who knows how they can ruin that too?