• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
1. The DCEU is basically just a multiverse deal, think No Way Home. They have their main universe, which is where the main continuity happens, and they have their "elseworld" style movies, TV shows and cartoons. New Batman, as far as we know at this moment in time, exists outside of the main continuity alongside Joaquin Phoenix's Joker and all the terribad CW shows. However, the Flash is rumoured to mess with the main line continuity (it's based on Flashpoint, which was the multiverse event that led to the New 52 reset), potentially writing out Affleck's Batman and maybe Cavill's Superman.

2. Probably not. The big movies are always going to be rated for young teens so it's not really feasible. It's really hard to get enough adults into the cinema to make the kind of money that the big mainline movies need to be worth making. Gotta remember that it's not just kids you're alienating, but not all adults like "adult" content either. Though, I'd love if they got James Gunn to do a Peacemaker / TSS style take on a Guy Gardner: Warrior / Red Lantern movie.

Gratitude for the detailed answer. In terms of point 2, not even TV shows? I'm not even thinking in terms of money but how they see the image of their heroes and what kind of content is... appropriate for them.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Gratitude for the detailed answer. In terms of point 2, not even TV shows? I'm not even thinking in terms of money but how they see the image of their heroes and what kind of content is... appropriate for them.
TV show wise, they've been experimenting a bit. Titans had Nightwing say "Fuck Batman" and the show was quite dark and violent compared to what we'd typically expect, and whilst I've not seen Doom Patrol, as I understand it it's a pretty dark show too. I think it depends on the character though. They don't tend to like using their "main" heroes in TV (i.e. Batman, Superman and WW) because they're always worried about "confusing the audience" or cannibalising their brand.

Never say never though. Weirder stuff has happened, like the fact we even got a Peacemaker show to begin with.

Tycho Kepler

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 22, 2018
Would love to see a PG-13 Peacemaker in the Blue Beetle movie, just trying his best not to drop an f-bomb on Jaime

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Finished it last night and it was fantastic. John Cena is absolutely perfect for the role and well done by Gunn for realizing that.

Can't wait for S2. Hopefully we don't need to wait too long.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
But seriously, this was an amazing ride. It's probably my favorite superhero season since season 1 of Doom Patrol.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I had such a wonderful time watching this show. I'm going to miss it. Everyone involved did such an incredible job.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
great show and amazing action that I haven't seen done anywhere else, the falling into the sky and crashing done was crazy

tata toothy

Dec 24, 2017

So is a scene like this reconned from existence in Peacemaker Season 2 continuity if the Flash movie erases Supeman?

ceej

Mar 9, 2021
Reno, Nv.
Just catching up with the thread, but this stuck out to me. This show (and The Suicide Squad before it) is giving me what I wanted out of a DC Cinematic Universe. It's a bloody, violent, and sometimes offensive version of the Justice League animated series. It's colorful, fun, and creative.

I love the MCU and this new DC sensibility. I really want more of this, and I'm glad we're getting it.

Man, this show had no right to be as good as it was.

Gunn outdid himself, glad were getting a second season.

This show dis more world building for the DCEU than most of the movies combined, lol
yep

The Flash |OT| Fuck you, Barry
We all know Gunn did this for us Stockholm syndrome Flash CW watchers.

Judomaster and the cheetos is amazing. I need to see more from him in s2.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the finale, cannot remember a show where I absolutely enjoyed every episode.

Cannot wait for season 2

Super-Volt

Apr 19, 2021
United States

That audience growth is very impressive. Word of mouth in effect, I guess.

Agreed!

I know it's almost tripe to say, but after watching TSS (which I loved), I didn't think I needed a Peacemaker show, but man was I wrong. This show was great, and I can't wait for season 2!
It's not tripe. It's a common sentiment here for a good reason. Many of us weren't sure we wanted more of TSS Peacemaker, myself included. Many of us were blown away at how well this show landed. Makes me wonder, though, if S2 will have a hard act to follow due to audience expectations starting much higher than they were for S1.

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy to imagine if there was a JL movie right now and the climax the team caught some dire/difficult moment and out of nowhere Eagly & Peacemaker pop up to save the day (a la Loki in Ragnarok), the audience would actually cheer loudly I believe, lol

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
TV show wise, they've been experimenting a bit. Titans had Nightwing say "Fuck Batman" and the show was quite dark and violent compared to what we'd typically expect, and whilst I've not seen Doom Patrol, as I understand it it's a pretty dark show too. I think it depends on the character though. They don't tend to like using their "main" heroes in TV (i.e. Batman, Superman and WW) because they're always worried about "confusing the audience" or cannibalising their brand.

Never say never though. Weirder stuff has happened, like the fact we even got a Peacemaker show to begin with.

I think they may be loosening their hold, as Batman is in Titans. Could be an outlier, but hopefully not in the future.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed!

I know it's almost tripe to say, but after watching TSS (which I loved), I didn't think I needed a Peacemaker show, but man was I wrong. This show was great, and I can't wait for season 2!

I should go back and find an announcement thread and see what the reactions were. I would expect pretty skeptical, though I was cautiously optimistic because of the tone of TSS.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
God damn this show was so good. I remember being a little worried when they said they were making a series about it. But man, they really delivered. I really didn't expect the show to deliver as much with the emotional drama. Give more DC to James Gunn.

Jan 4, 2018
Really love the last shot/scene of Peacemaker, his dad, Goff, and Eagly.

Also, I'm happy Leota and Keeya ended up happy together. Glad they didn't kill Keeya for Leota to be motivated, or for their relationship to end because she chose to stay and help.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm going to go against the grain here because I was hyped since it was announced and it was my most anticipated show. And it delivered on my hype so I am extra happy.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I had high hopes for this series since James Gunn was so heavily involved. And I was very satisfied.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
What I'll say is, it was suuuuuuper hard for me to get through the first 2-3 eps, because they really leaned into the cringe comedy, and I have like 0 tolerance for that. But after that? Nothing but gas, baby.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, absolutely. Sounds like you just had to adjust to the show's tone, not that the first episode was worse than the others.

Honestly, outside of like the episode where they all started to really bond, the first was probably my favorite

The whole sequence of Cena just having this extended fight butt naked, culminating in him blowing up the butterfly woman with his sonic boom helmet, just told me that yea, this show was gonna be a good time lol

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

John Cena pulling "haberdashery" out during what I assume was an improv has just made him my hero.

What I'll say is, it was suuuuuuper hard for me to get through the first 2-3 eps, because they really leaned into the cringe comedy, and I have like 0 tolerance for that. But after that? Nothing but gas, baby.

I thought that first set of episodes just took a bit too long setting things up, the series only really felt like it was rolling (to me) once we found out what the butterflies really were. Those first few episodes were still good, it was just hard for me to get a good read on the show until the end of them.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
What an amazing show

It kinda blew away every mcu series on Disney plus and it's right behind daredevil season 1

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Their TV stuff was already great given Doom Patrol and Harley Quinn, unless you're specifically talking about the DCEU

Rewatching this and while it still holds up the pacing is so bad
I was gonna post daredevil season 3 which I think is brtter but it'll be unfair to compare own season to 3 so I comprised lol

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's just shocking that Peacemaker is finally more famous than his stand-in The Comedian from Watchmen.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My least favorite comments on resetera are from people who obviously read leaks and then "propose" a fan theory.