• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Fuck, what an amazing show this was. Holy fuck man I went in not expecting much and absolutely loved it.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Prediction:
I think the next show by James Gunn is task force X, where it's about Amanda walller trying to regain control the situation and still have missions. I was always curious why they never called the suicide squad task force x instead for the sequel and maybe he had a plan for the next show of peace maker was a success.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Prediction:
I think the next show by James Gunn is task force X, where it's about Amanda walller trying to regain control the situation and still have missions. I was always curious why they never called the suicide squad task force x instead for the sequel and maybe he had a plan for the next show of peace maker was a success.
Eh…Task Force X has always been the official name, both in the comics and movies, but Suicide Squad is the branding. Though with how he weaved comic stuff into both the film and show this could still be leading into a
loose adaption of the storyline where task force x, checkmate, and another in universe agency were publicly exposed and convinced it was the other orgs in a three way battle by someone else trying to gain control of all of it. Super spoiler, Waller is the one left standing at the end..

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Prediction:

I don't hate it but it's a little similar to Peacemaker. I'd wanna see something different.

Huge fucking props if Gunn can get Viola Davis to do a superhero show as main cast.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic show, and loved the cameos.

Can't believe people are actually mad over them. People are weird.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Overall not a bad show, surprisingly decent. Nothing mind-blowing. But just a solid show. I do think the humor at times got a bit too "written by reddit" but managed to reign itself back in before ever going too "I read the internet." John Cena really showed up for this show, I'll say that.

Last edited:

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Overall not a bad show, surprisingly decent. Nothing mind-blowing. But just a solid show. I do think the humor at times got a too "written by reddit" but managed to reign itself back in before ever going too "I read the internet." John Cena really showed up for this show, I'll say that.

I loved the show but you perfectly nailed my issue with the humor at times. The formula of "x says dumb thing, y argues why it's dumb" can get old especially when jokes are dragged too far out. Some of the funniest moments for me subverted that formula fortunately (I LOVE Vigilante still making faces even when the shot cut out to focus on Goff's dialogue with Cena). I love Judomaster probably more than anything though lol.

I'm still sad about
Murn
though :(.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Finale was alright...
Didn't like how convenient it was that Vigilante, Harcourt, and also Adebayo was able to survive all that.
Also still confused on how they handled Judomaster in these last few episodes. What was the point of his character overall?
Overall, still enjoyed it enough to continue watching future season.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Finale was alright...
Didn't like how convenient it was that Vigilante, Harcourt, and also Adebayo was able to survive all that.
Also still confused on how they handled Judomaster in these last few episodes. What was the point of his character overall?

I think a lot of it is setup for season 2 with Judomaster.

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
Let's be honest, nothing is gonna happen to Waller. If anything she'll just blackmail the whole Congress and whoever she needs in the press to make it look like Ads is just venting family issues and some mom-daughter ranting thing.

I thought it was a nice touch to show just how much f'ed in the head Amanda is when talking to her own daughter in a mission to plant fake evidence in the house of an unstable killer while making it look like she was just going Starbucks. She's all like "sweetheart", "baby". Lmao....

I was pretty much expecting the reason Ads kept being fired and went out of business were actually Amanda setting up stuff behind the scenes till finally make her daughter do what she (Waller) wanted. But that's maybe coming up in S2 when they touch upon their relationship a bit more with new revelations, as well.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Finale was alright...

The whole point was to show a human who willingly allied with the butterflies on their mission. Think about the scene where Goff makes the offer to Peacemaker to join them. It doesn't work without Judomaster.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Finale was alright...
Vigilante seems to have some sort of limited healing factor which is true to his comics origin, although we don't have official confirmation of that yet. If he doesn't have any healing factor, it just seems odd that he is always up for more fighting after getting critical injuries. Harcourt according to Gunn could have easily gone either way in the finale, although as we saw he decided to have her live.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
That was a great episode and series. Really enjoyed the theme music power up and the cameos. Glad they finally brought closure to us fans of the "Aquaman fucks fish" theory

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
Prediction:

I may be misremembering but I thought they used the term Task Force X in TSS?

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
nZcPT2H.gif

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Vigilante seems to have some sort of limited healing factor which is true to his comics origin, although we don't have official confirmation of that yet. If he doesn't have any healing factor, it just seems odd that he is always up for more fighting after getting critical injuries. Harcourt according to Gunn could have easily gone either way in the finale, although as we saw he decided to have her live.

Felt probable that Harcourt survival was up in the air prior to S2 being a thing.

Aug 27, 2018
Just finished it. I went in to this show just kinda looking for something to watch and came away from it super impressed. Fantastic show and a fantastic season.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
I had very low expectations going in and grew to love it very quickly. Bring on Season 2!

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Really loved it. My only problem is I'm a little sick of the 'but the villain has a point' plots. The finale was otherwise pretty phenomenal and I loved that they actually got the JL in (and did a fake out in making them all seem to be stand ins).

Curious where S2 goes. They could easily just continue off the plot here without adding any big new villain, but new villains are fun.