• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think this was him being in denial about what he did. "Maybe I didnt kill him?" It was like bargaining in real time but I dont think he actually believed that garbage.

But...
But he was saying it regarding Judomaster who is alive. So maybe. I just want Kinnaman back.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
But...
But he was saying it regarding Judomaster who is alive. So maybe. I just want Kinnaman back.
Right but I still think he had came to that way of thinking in the first place due to his own denial about Flag.

But yeah, maybe Waller made a clone of the guy or some bs. It's comics, baby. He may return someday.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Was anybody else surprised by how violent the butterfly takeover of a human is?
Hell yeah. The sound design, the blood, and the performance just make it clear that thing is just violently burrowing into your fucking brain, carving through whatever the fuck it has to. You can feel that shit as it's happening. It's so messed.

Loved it. Fits with everything else about Gunn's approach - if you're gonna do the thing, do the fuckin thing.

ceej

Mar 9, 2021
Reno, Nv.
Nooo Detective Song. I liked her. I'm also pretty damn sure she's dead. Those things went directly into their brains. I don't know how you recover.

Episode was damn good too. Not as funny, but it was more tense.
Yeah :(. Was hoping she'd be teaming up with the team against the butterflies. Don't think that's happening now.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, definitely a lot of Gunn's horror/exploitation roots coming through with the butterflies. You can say a lot about Peacemaker but it's definitely the show he wanted to make, 100%.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I'm loving the show so much! DC should do whatever it can to get Gunn to do more of their stuff after he's done with GOTG3.

Let him direct Plastic Man!

Vigilante not being on the same page as everyone else is so endearing

I couldn't stop laughing when he said something about "and now we'll never know if butterflies like the color teal"

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Would you prefer they went through the butt like Economos' PP presentation?
i-would-like-to-see-it-smug.gif

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
What I don't get is why take over some podunk local police force. Heck, why not go after the Batmans and Supermans of the world? lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What I don't get is why take over some podunk local police force. Heck, why not go after the Batmans and Supermans of the world? lol

I don't think a butterfly would be able to punch through Superman's skin to get to his brain, lol.

But yeah, I almost wonder if we WILL see some controlled superhero that the butterflies use as a secret weapon once things inevitably start to go south for them.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Always the problem with these shows/movies. Why are they relying on Peacemaker? Why not get Superman? Or the JL?
I sort of get that in the whole "we can't trust anyone so we get not only the suicide squad, but the worst person on the suicide squad" kind of way at least. lol

The aliens have no reason not to target the top people in the world though, particularly those with super powers. Imagine if they got the Flash and could just time travel?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I sort of get that in the whole "we can't trust anyone so we get not only the suicide squad, but the worst person on the suicide squad" kind of way at least. lol

The aliens have no reason not to target the top people in the world though, particularly those with super powers. Imagine if they got the Flash and could just time travel?

It would be PRETTY DIFFICULT to get the Flash considering he could just vibrate out of any attempt to parasitize him, but yeah. There are other heroes they would probably have an easier job possessing.

Oct 26, 2017
What happened to Kung Fu Master? I feel like I missed a scene after he was
shot

*Judo Master. And yeah, I want him to come back. I hope he's not dead or butterflied.

This show further proves John Cena is a better comedic actor than action actor

To clarify he's good at the action too but he really shines when he's playing comedic
And he's a damn good dramatic actor than any of his WWE-to-Hollywood peers.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I've been doing some thinking, and I got some ideas to improve the show. I got it right here. One, Vigilante needs to be louder, angrier and have access to a time machine. Two, Whenever Vigilante's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Vigilante?" Three--

Oct 26, 2017
Always the problem with these shows/movies. Why are they relying on Peacemaker? Why not get Superman? Or the JL?
It's a covert mission, so they don't want to let the League handle it because it would be known to the mainstream. Or they don't trust the League or Superman because it's Amanda fucking Waller and we know how she is.
Or, The Justice League might not even be a thing yet because we don't know when this takes place in the DCEU timeline.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like asking why other characters don't appear to solve this movie/show/comic is a foolhardy question when it's always it's not their story and less restrictive to not consider them

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

The whole thing is too ridiculous to not have a reasonable explanation by the end. I hope. Because yeah, right now relying on Peacemaker and Vigilante to stop an alien invasion is fucking ridiculous lol

We'll have to see what Waller's agenda is.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
Hell yeah. The sound design, the blood, and the performance just make it clear that thing is just violently burrowing into your fucking brain, carving through whatever the fuck it has to. You can feel that shit as it's happening. It's so messed.

Loved it. Fits with everything else about Gunn's approach - if you're gonna do the thing, do the fuckin thing.

Your brain is being eaten/destroyed in real-time from the inside while you're conscious. *Horrible* way to go.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Even Snyder Superman isn't xenophobic we seen him saved people in different countries
Yeah, but also this is a world where America is allowed to be "bad" and presumably they just throw Lois Lane at him to keep him distracted so he doesn't ask any questions about where the alien came from in the first place. lol

I dunno, in the grand scheme of "why wasn't X at Y" when it comes to these superhero things, the fact that these are all black ops at least makes some kind of sense.

ceej

Mar 9, 2021
Reno, Nv.
It would be PRETTY DIFFICULT to get the Flash considering he could just vibrate out of any attempt to parasitize him, but yeah. There are other heroes they would probably have an easier job possessing.
They should just take over Iris and Team Flash. Barry would be too stuck doing Hallway Conversations to figure out what's going on!

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Just got caught up and I love this show. But...
Does anybody else think Rick Flag might still be alive? The way Peacemaker put out the theory about people hit in the heart being able to use their kidney or whatever had me thinking he might not be dead.

Hope so!

I wish but Gunn specifically stated
they showed the internal shot of the heart bleeding out to show Flagg is indeed dead. Dead dead dead. D:

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I wish but Gunn specifically stated
they showed the internal shot of the heart bleeding out to show Flagg is indeed dead. Dead dead dead. D:
I rewatched that scene recently and wondered if that was one of the shots they had Netherrealm Studios consult on.

Also, rewatching it after seeing this show so far really colors Peacemaker's facial expressions in a different way.