• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I missed it but why is Vigilante not wearing his mask currently?

Since Peacemaker and everyone else knows what he looks like, he's started to stop putting any effort into hiding his face.

Idk, it's probably just mainly following meta logic at this point that it's easier for the actor to emote and what not when you can see his face

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
At first I was wondering why the butterflied detective was acting so blatant in front of everyone, then like 10 minutes later I got my answer. Next episode seems like it's going to be an absolute bloodbath.

I will say that while the show has been a fun watch week to week, it's still not really my favorite thing Gunn's done. A lot of the humor is clumsy or just doesn't land for me.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just got caught up and I love this show. But...
Does anybody else think Rick Flag might still be alive? The way Peacemaker put out the theory about people hit in the heart being able to use their kidney or whatever had me thinking he might not be dead.

Hope so!

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Does anybody else think Rick Flag might still be alive? The way Peacemaker put out the theory about people hit in the heart being able to use their kidney or whatever had me thinking he might not be dead.

Hope so!
He was still underground if the building that fell. And Starro breaking out probably wrecked it even more. Peacemaker was on the surface when it collapsed and was hurt less

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
What happened to Kung Fu Master? I feel like I missed a scene after he was
shot

This is what I'm wondering.
Judo Master was seemingly not a butterfly but mentioned that there was more to the butterflies than Peacemaker knows. I think that combined with the peace sign might mean that Murn might be the secret villain. Though it's possible Judo Master is a butterfly and that + the peace sign was them trying to trick Peacemaker.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

Hope so!
I think this was him being in denial about what he did. "Maybe I didnt kill him?" It was like bargaining in real time but I dont think he actually believed that garbage.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
At first I was wondering why the butterflied detective was acting so blatant in front of everyone, then like 10 minutes later I got my answer. Next episode seems like it's going to be an absolute bloodbath.

I will say that while the show has been a fun watch week to week, it's still not really my favorite thing Gunn's done. A lot of the humor is clumsy or just doesn't land for me.
I think this latest episode is less funny than the ones before, probably because the story became more serious now.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Judo Master was seemingly not a butterfly but mentioned that there was more to the butterflies than Peacemaker knows. I think that combined with the peace sign might mean that Murn might be the secret villain. Though it's possible Judo Master is a butterfly and that + the peace sign was them trying to trick Peacemaker.
Oops. Judo Master. Yeah, I really hope they resolve that plot point and bring him back. He is one of my favorite characters.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I dont think the Murn butterfly is the villain species. So far anyway he has shown some regard for human life. The others have not. They seemed determined to take life and blend in as much as possible for an invasion.

Peace can mean anything. It reminds me of that episode of rick and morty or heck even Angel where the idea of peace existed at the cost of free will of everybody. In both situations peace was achieved through control of others.

I guess we will see but we just witnessed a blood bath by the butterflies, dont think they are all that good.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think the Murn butterfly is the villain species. So far anyway he has shown some regard for life. The others have not. They seemed determined to take life and blend in as much as possible for an invasion.

Peace can mean anything. It reminds me of that episode of rick and morty or heck even Angel where the idea of peace existed at the cost of free will of everybody. In both situations peace was achieved through control of others.

I guess we will see but we just witnessed a blood bath by the butterflies, dont think they are all that good.

Yeah, considering how many people Goff just killed in one fell swoop I don't think they're really the heroes.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah ain't no way Goff is a hero lol. The peace sign was probably just an attempt to get let out.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think the Murn butterfly is the villain species. So far anyway he has shown some regard for human life. The others have not. They seemed determined to take life and blend in as much as possible for an invasion.

Yeah, considering how many people Goff just killed in one fell swoop I don't think they're really the heroes.

Yeah ain't no way Goff is a hero lol. The peace sign was probably just an attempt to get let out.
Yeah
Murn specifically has gone out of his way to not kill humans and orders the team not to hell he gets mad at them when they do fucked up shit

Goff basically just murdered an entire station worth of people and doesn't seem to care and casually tortures

Judomaster does seem to imply they're not totally evil but they're not the good guys either

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I would wager it's a thematic nod to the title character; both Peacemaker and Goff imagined themselves as harbingers of peace but are really mass murderers. So Goff might be trending in the opposite direction of Chris.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Yup, it seems like Goff subscribes to the "We want peace, no matter how many men, women or children we have to kill to get it" approach based on what we just saw. Murn seems much more restrained.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
They showed how brutal the butterfly taking over a person is and had Murn express regret even though he found the worst person he could to take over. It would be pretty weird if they said actually the butterflies are good. Goff probably made the peace sign because she spent enough time around Peacemaker to realize he's an idiot.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They showed how brutal the butterfly taking over a person is and had Murn express regret even though he found the worst person he could to take over. It would be pretty weird if they said actually the butterflies are good. Goff probably made the peace sign because she spent enough time around Peacemaker to realize he's an idiot.
Precisely. She was trying to get out; that's it.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
Sorry after the police station I am pretty sure they are evil

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope this butterfly/alien invasion plot spreads over other DC shows and even DCEU movies. I'd love if this gets a mention in Shazam or Aquaman 2. Or even as a central plot of an unannounced movie. Mister Miracle perhaps?

And I don't want a second season of this, I want Gunn to try other obscure DC superheroes. On top of my mind:
- Peter Cannon/Thunderbolt
- Mighty Crusaders (The Shield, The Web, Jaguar, Hangman, Black Hood etc)
- Spy Smasher
- Bulletman and Bulletwoman
- Deadman
- And of course, Ben Schwartz as Plastic Man. Though I rather have this as a feature film.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I really hope this butterfly/alien invasion plot spreads over other DC shows and even DCEU movies. I'd love if this gets a mention in Shazam or Aquaman 2. Or even as a central plot of an unannounced movie. Mister Miracle perhaps?

And I don't want a second season of this, I want Gunn to try other obscure DC superheroes. On top of my mind:
- Peter Cannon/Thunderbolt
- Mighty Crusaders (The Shield, The Web, Jaguar, Hangman, Black Hood etc)
- Spy Smasher
- Bulletman and Bulletwoman
- Deadman
- And of course, Ben Schwartz as Plastic Man. Though I rather have this as a feature film.
Two Words...Ted Kord. Would be perfect for Gunn.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Two Words...Ted Kord. Would be perfect for Gunn.
You can't have Ted Kord alone... All of his friends also need to be there for his full humor potential. Justice League International! You'll have Blue Beetle/Booster Gold bromance, Batman punching Guy Gardner, Flash getting rejected by Fire, incredible chemistry between Mr. Miracle and Barda... Perfect Gunn material but also needs a bigger budget.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't think Murn is the bad guy. He looked visibly shaken when Peacemaker told him about Locke's murders.

Yeah. I was kind of disappointed how little Murn we got this week, because Chuk is doing SUCH a good job with him. Hopefully we get some good Murn scenes in the last two episodes.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Sorry after the police station I am pretty sure they are evil
Yep Peacemaker had literally just scolded Vigilante for almost killing cops. I feel like that was very pointed. Whatever these aliens are doing is not a good thing. If violently killing humans for their bodies wasnt an indicator I am not sure what else would be.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yep Peacemaker had literally just scolded Vigilante for almost killing cops. I feel like that was very pointed. Whatever these aliens are doing is not a good thing. If violently killing humans for their bodies wasnt an indicator I am not sure what else would be.
Eagly on the other hand is ACAB to the extreme

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
God damn, eagly is hardcore. It's funny cause i thought that to myself while cracking up before Vigilante ended up saying it 🤣 shame about the detectives, hope they can be saved

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Yup, it seems like Goff subscribes to the "We want peace, no matter how many men, women or children we have to kill to get it" approach based on what we just saw. Murn seems much more restrained.
I'm betting that this is exactly the case. They've decided humans are too violent and are destroying the planet, so they're going to "fix" things.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I do hope Sophie and Fitz can be saved, they don't deserve that. I do like the stupid smile gag though.

I laughed way too hard during the butterfly vagina conversation and when PM and Vigilante were zig zagging through the forest while Eagly is taking down everyone.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
The montage and imagery of the butterfly take over was incredible. What a show haha

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Was anybody else surprised by how violent the butterfly takeover of a human is?
As someone who basically lives and breathes movies most of the time.

Yeah that was one of the more violent possessions I've ever seen.

But it does make sense they have to drill through the head to get to the brain.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It seems to me that butterflies basically hollow out a big space where the brain was. I don't see coming back from that outside of peaceful coexistence.