• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
The bowling thing was fun but it felt predictable. Did someone else already do that?

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
So that's how they're writing out Constantine huh? Too much abuse of evil magic and he "dies".

Not a god but able to shrink planets into the size of a bowling ball.... Yeah okay. I think they're one of the more powerful aliens we've seen so far. Brainiac-like in their cosmic bowling conquest.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
She's back .....

He's back ......

I had a feeling they would both show up again.

Poor Zari, can't imagine things working out well for her considering the path Constantine is on.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
I am completely in support of
David Bowie
saving the day by fighting
Sting

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Another L for Barry. Nice one Ava.

John's dying. He's not going to stop using the blood potion until he's dying just like how he was when he had cancer. Terrible fate for old Johnny boy :(

And guess who's back..... Fucking Bishop. Thought we were done with him but Kayla decided to take him up on his offer. Mick with hair was pretty funny tho.

They all should listen to Behrad more. Zari is piecing it all together by the end of the episode but it might be too late. Guessing John kills himself by banishing Bishop to hell or something.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Just caught up on the last two. The show has been really inventive this season with some of its best visuals so far.

I do hope they can get some cameos for the wedding when it happens but I imagine COVID makes it difficult.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
They'll have the wedding in 2020 for some godforsaken reason and everybody will be there on Zoom.

Tho it's kind of awkward for Flash to show up on software called Zoom but you get the idea.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still an episode behind, but now I can say that Legends is the first time I've seen the genders swapped for the trope of a man hesitating at the last minute to kill a woman because she's pregnant 😂

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So that was one of the best episodes of the series, right?

Definitely one of the most serious episodes of the show in a long time but also still completely fucking insane.

Matt Ryan is so good.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Caught up now, jeez, Constantine is truly down bad

Also honestly Bishop is a pretty decent villain

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
I like Spooner but she's overshadowed by the other Legends. She doesn't really stand out yet.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
tvline.com

Legends‘ Matt Ryan Says Goodbye to Constantine: ‘There Was Only So Much We Could Do With Him’ on the Show

'Legends of Tomorrow' star Matt Ryan reflects on his time as John Constantine and what drove the decision to say goodbye to the character.

I'm still leaning toward this being a creative decision and not forced by DC, given the fact that they're allowing multiple Green Lanterns on CW and introducing Poison Ivy to the Arrowverse.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
What shows are Green Lantern and Poison Ivy popping up on?

Regarding Poison Ivy, the Batwoman showrunner just teased that they cast an actress for Poison Ivy, which lines up with a tease at the end of last season.

As for Green Lantern, Stargirl recently introduced Jade.

And in the final episode of Arrow, a lantern ring chose John Diggle. While he hasn't become a Green Lantern yet, he's had a small crossover arc throughout the current Arrowverse shows where he has apparently turned down the ring and it is having a negative physical and mental impact on him. It started on Batwoman, went to The Flash and Superman & Lois and is ending in a September episode of Supergirl.

The likely outcome is that he decides to embrace the ring and we'll see him in next year's Arrowverse shows as a Lantern.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
IMO Constantine as a character was already getting close to running on empty last season despite the whole Astra story, this season he's kind of just there, the character could've been out this season and I'm not sure anything of value to the season would be lost.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Been slacking on watching this lately. Finally caught up now.

If John was his old self he would have known that Bishop would poison the serum/potion. Poor John Constantine.

And yeah that was the best showing for Spooner.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So how are people feeling about Spooner so far?

Lol, clearly I asked this question too early, as this penultimate episode was basically the "Let's make you like Spooner already" episode

Oh, and with a few deaths along the way. Constantine's death was fittingly dark and depressing.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, clearly I asked this question too early, as this penultimate episode was basically the "Let's make you like Spooner already" episode

Oh, and with a few deaths along the way. Constantine's death was fittingly dark and depressing.

My guy was just wrapped around by the Magical-Alien Earth mushrooms and then disappeared worse than a Thanos snap. Didn't even get a chance to say much of anything before disappearing.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I fully expect a ghost John to show up and say goodbye to everyone. Because no way are his last words of the series going to be "I killed"

6x15 - "The Fungus Amongus"

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Well, the season finale had a lot to accomplish. Stopping Bishop/alien threat and the Sara/Ava wedding.

I thought Spooner swapping powers with the Legends was a cool moment. Liked Gary's pep talk to Ava.

The ending seemed to set them up for next season, along with the key from Constantine.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna miss John. Yeah, he had a tendency to make the whole show about him, which could get grating sometimes, but Constantine is one of my favorite DC characters and having him on TV week to week was an absolute joy.

I hope Gwyn Davies is a fun character. I have absolutely no idea what to expect out of him - their track record for original characters varies pretty wildly from season to season.

Yeah, has to be the fastest turnaround between seasons for the show.

It probably helps that the episode releases were delayed by COVID but the production schedules weren't, so the cast was back at work at the same time, the season finale just got delayed super far.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
It probably helps that the episode releases were delayed by COVID but the production schedules weren't, so the cast was back at work at the same time, the season finale just got delayed super far.

Okay, good they didn't have to work back to back at least.

This article sums up my thoughts on the season for the most part.

www.denofgeek.com

How the Legends of Tomorrow Season 6 Finale Pulled off a Huge Avalance Moment

Legends of Tomorrow Season 6 has had its ups and downs, but one thing remains consistently great: Ava and Sara's love story

Oct 27, 2017
Finale was just ok. Felt like they could have done John's exit a hell of a lot better. At least he's not mushroom food anymore. Honestly, it felt more like a Supergirl episode until the baby feeding, then it ended in Legends tradition.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
A great season with a fairly underwhelming finale. The goodbye scene for John felt ridiculously rushed. Mick and Sara having a moment was nice but still, both characters should have had some sort of larger goodbye amongst the other characters.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
A great season with a fairly underwhelming finale. The goodbye scene for John felt ridiculously rushed. Mick and Sara having a moment was nice but still, both characters should have had some sort of larger goodbye amongst the other characters.

I think they know full well that both characters (and their actors) are not gone for good so they didn't want to waste a huge amount of time writing them out with long, drawn-out farewells. We know Mick will be back next season, and John's departure pretty clearly left the door open for him to pop up in one-off guest spots while Matt plays Gwyn.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I think they know full well that both characters (and their actors) are not gone for good so they didn't want to waste a huge amount of time writing them out with long, drawn-out farewells. We know Mick will be back next season, and John's departure pretty clearly left the door open for him to pop up in one-off guest spots while Matt plays Gwyn.

Eh, I don't really agree. Matt still being on the show doesn't mean Constantine didn't deserve a better goodbye. Doesn't need to be long and drawn-out. Just not a rushed "oh hey I'm alive, also bye" scene.

The Mick and Sara scene was better. But if I had to place bets, he'll be "back" next season in the same way that Jax came back for one episode.

They were just unsatisfying exits for the characters and felt rushed, similar to Charlie last season.